2023 Spring Practice Notes - Offensive Line

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I missed this but apparently Raiola said Ben Scott is not a lock to play center.  Could be looking at him as an option at RT.

Word is do not expect Georgia transfer Jacob Hood to be a factor this year.

Dang, I was really looking forward to Hood having a role on the offense line.   Maybe if the line is bad again this year he might.  

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I missed this but apparently Raiola said Ben Scott is not a lock to play center.  Could be looking at him as an option at RT.

Word is do not expect Georgia transfer Jacob Hood to be a factor this year.

For some reason I was thinking he kind of wanted to be guaranteed to play center but maybe that's my imagination.  If that were the case do you think it would be Piper or Nouilli at center?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Farms said:

For some reason I was thinking he kind of wanted to be guaranteed to play center but maybe that's my imagination.  If that were the case do you think it would be Piper or Nouilli at center?

I don't remember ever hearing that.  I think it was mainly assumed that he'd get plugged in at center as we don't have a returning starter there and that's what he had been playing.  My guess would be Piper if not Scott.

3 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

so injury recovery or does raiola feel we are okay and allowing Jacob Hood to develop at a position..

Pretty sure they knew he was a project.  The kid has some size and potential but they were never anticipating him being an immediate contributor.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1