2023 Spring Practice Notes - Offensive Line

Mavric

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Rhule said Scott has a "repetitive MCL" injury.

He's been back at practice but that doesn't sound good.

Nope, that doesn't sound good at all.  I wonder if it is repetitive MCL pain, but not an injury that requires surgery.  

It is a bummer to hear, but we do have a young dawg in Justin Evans-Jenkins. By Fall Practice he (JEJ) should be ready to go at center if Scott is still iffy.  So, I feel okay about it (center) between Scott, JEJ, and in a pinch (possibly) Piper or Corcoran.  

LT and RT worry me more.  Crossing my fingers Benhart finally becomes the real deal, Teddy stays healthy and gets better.  We not too bad at guard rotations, and that is something I like that Coach Raiola wasn't afraid to do last season.  

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This video really bothered me.  Man if you are wearing black pants and all black adidas shoes, you can't be wearing white tube socks....just no.   NO NO NO   Get this man some black adidas socks on the double.

• TBH 1
33 minutes ago, sho said:

This video really bothered me.  Man if you are wearing black pants and all black adidas shoes, you can't be wearing white tube socks....just no.   NO NO NO   Get this man some black adidas socks on the double.

At least he wears socks. I can’t get behind people that wear shoes without socks. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Rhule really shows his coaching experience here. Rhule has figured out, very quickly, that no one appreciates, or criticizes, the offensive line like this place does. His job right now is to buy time for those guys to get good. I think we will likely see more backs and tight ends helping pass block, more play action, more RPOs and a liberal use of the quick game.

I'm not expecting miracles, personally. I'm hoping to build this over the course of year one, get these guys believing, and have the pieces in place for (hopefully) a very good year 2.

• Plus1 1