PAC-12 Media Rights...

I saw a report the other day that AppleTV was a strong contender.  But perhaps they're just still considering it.

Not good for them.  There was speculation after Ohio State cancelled their upcoming games with Washington that they might have insider info on them not needed that non-conference game.  And lack of media rights - or significantly inferior media rights - will definitely have Washington and Oregon looking for other options.

• 2 weeks later...

https://saturdayroad.com/acc/report-pac-12-programs-interested-in-being-aligned-with-the-acc/ 

I am not a fan of  the USC and UCLA addition for the big 10.  USC and UCLA complicates scheduling for sure.  There is a 3 hour difference between the west coast and the east coast.   I doubt that I will watch any game that starts at 9 pm and I am sure there are nightowls that would say the same for 9 am/10 am games.   

With just 2 teams on the West Coast I think the B1G probably can make it work out, however I don't think aligning 2 leagues on different coasts will work out very well.   Talk about scheduling problems!  I don't think this will work very well of course it depends how they do it.   In the long run(years) I don't think college football can or will keep these unnatural alignments.    The tail (TV) needs to stop wagging the dog.    For the sake of fans and student athletes they need to go back to geographical conferences.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • 4 months later...

• 3 months later...

"A state judge in Washington granted Oregon State and Washington State sole control of the Pac-12 board of directors on Tuesday, issuing the ruling at a preliminary injunction hearing in Whitman County Court."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38899331/judge-ruling-grants-oregon-state-washington-state-full-control-pac-12-board

• Plus1 1