NFL 2023

Mavric

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....why is this play controversial?  It's a friggen basic football play.  There isn't any trickery at all to it.  If there are people trying to outlaw this play, they don't understand basic football.

I don't know the NFL rule for sure but it was illegal in college football for a long time (until the last few years).  It is still illegal in high school I believe.  I would guess it's also been illegal in the NFL until recently, which is why it's only been showing up in the last couple of years.

So my guess is the opposition is more of "why did we make this play legal in the first place". I don't know if I have a strong feeling one way or the other but it is kind of odd that they changed that rule after so long.  I would guess defensive-minded people see it as too advantageous for the offense.

43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....why is this play controversial?  It's a friggen basic football play.  There isn't any trickery at all to it.  If there are people trying to outlaw this play, they don't understand basic football.

:facepalm:

If they want to smash their QB repeatedly, I say let them. 

The only issue I had with it is that they're never set before the snap. They have 3 or 4 guys every time that still moving, some towards the line before the snap. 

• Plus1 1

What team would he be good at?   He requires a special type of offense and how much will you give up to get him?   More importantly how much would you pay to get him?   I can see Indy being interested, running the Eagles offense with him, but I doubt he gets anywhere close to the Deshaun Watson salary he wants from Indy. 

I can see Indy interested as the Colts new HC is Philly's old OC.   After that, I'm hard pressed to find a team that would be a good fit for him based on his style of play.

• TBH 1
  • 3 weeks later...

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Is Lamar confused about needing to be able to actually throw the ball to get a big contract?

The big sticking point with him and Baltimore is the guaranteed money.  He wants more than Deshaun, and I don't think any other NFL franchise is willing to guarantee that much, especially to a mobile QB.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Is Lamar confused about needing to be able to actually throw the ball to get a big contract?

My personal opinion is that the great Ravens franchise way overpaid Joe Flacco after winning a super bowl, and got nothing out of it aftermath.  Call me crazy, but in my mind it is that simple...  they still butthurt over it and don't want to pay trillionts for Lamar J.  

But also, like you alluded to, he may have some exciting moments, but is he a QB that can lead his team in the meat of the AFC playoffs by passing ???...  Like Mahomes, Burrows, and Allen can??  I have my doubts.  

I know you a Bronco, but I'd take SD/LA Chargers Herbert over him too.  

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

There is almost a BILLION dollars worth of QBs in the AFC West.

Most of them deserve it. 

That is amazing.  

Russ Wilson Denver (245 mil)

Pat Mahomes KC ($450 mil)

J Herbert Chargers (verge of 6 year $295 mil)

Grappoloa (spelling?) Raiders (67 mil)...  (D. Carr 150 mil to Saints)

• Thanks 1