USC and UCLA to the B1G

10 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I talked to my friend who is a HUGE Washington fan and lives in Seattle.  He said that his cable provider doesn't even carry the PAC-12 network.  IN SEATTLE?  WOW!  

I asked him what he thinks.  He is all for the change.

Not in Phoenix either although we have a crap cable co. 

16 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I talked to my friend who is a HUGE Washington fan and lives in Seattle.  He said that his cable provider doesn't even carry the PAC-12 network.  IN SEATTLE?  WOW!  

I asked him what he thinks.  He is all for the change.

They tried to go it alone on their network instead of partnering with Fox or ESPN, and it was a huge failure. I remember when people were calling Larry Scott a power player for trying to take half of the old Big 12 (when we left for the Big Ten). It's his legacy that left the conference in its current position.

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So, let's say the rumors are true and the Big Ten is courting Oregon, Washington and Stanford.

If you are those schools, why would you go with this group and join the remnants of the Big 12 instead of following USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?

I don't see the draw here if you're a school with these options.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, let's say the rumors are true and the Big Ten is courting Oregon, Washington and Stanford.

If you are those schools, why would you go with this group and join the remnants of the Big 12 instead of following USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?

I don't see the draw here if you're a school with these options.

It would seem to me that would be their best Plan B.  I would agree that going to the B1G would be their best bet.  But they'd don't necessarily have control over that.  So this may be their next best option.

It also may be trying to leverage that against the B1G to get an invite before they go somewhere else.

I say screw ND.  If they want to drag their feet then they are not needed.  No one team is that important.   I say grab Oregon , Washington, even Stanford now and get those NW televisions.   Then go grab North Carolina, Duke and Kansas.   Have one of the 2 best football and the best basketball plus some more east coast presence.   Move quickly and kill the big 12 and pac 12 

• Plus1 3
44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It would seem to me that would be their best Plan B.  I would agree that going to the B1G would be their best bet.  But they'd don't necessarily have control over that.  So this may be their next best option.

It also may be trying to leverage that against the B1G to get an invite before they go somewhere else.

Now that we have USC and UCLA in the fold, it would make the most sense for Or, Wash, Stanford to keep their rivalries in place and all move to the B1G.  I can't imagine the Big 12 ever having a bigger payout than the B1G either.   Since this is the route we are going, I hope those schools and ND join our conference and then top it off with

Miami (or FSU) GT, NC, Baylor or TCU to get the hot recruiting markets of Florida, GA, Texas & Midsouth.   24 schools  4 pods of 6. Play 5 in your pod every year and the other teams every 3rd year.  That would create a lot of variety, interest and generate much $$. 

While Far West POD of

ND,

Stanford,

USC,

UCLA,

OR,

Wash  isn't a geographically great fit, it could encourage ND to join as it preserves the long standing rivalries wt USC and Stanford and ND  

NU,

Iowa,

Wis,

Min,

NW,

Ill seems to be a no brainer Plains Division  

MSU,

Mich,

OSU,

Purdue,

Indiana,

Rutgers or PSU Midwest Division (moved PSU to east Div for balance)

PSU or Rutgers

Maryland,

Miami (or FSU)

GT,

NC,

Baylor or TCU  East/South Division

• Plus1 3

17 hours ago, nic said:

They were AAU when they joined the big10 and then got voted off the island sometime later. It was a very tight vote and ironically two big 10 institutions voted NU out. Wiscy and Michigan I believe…if you need some pompous a-holes to hate. :bang  Plus NU has a much better brand than TCU. ND is not AAU and either is OU, but the big10 would let them both in. Miami is in the same boat.

Texas drove the bus for that vote though, partially in retaliation for leaving the Big XII. 

As for Oklahoma not being AAU, they are a Carnegie 1 school, and they were already vetted years ago when Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, aTm, and Missouri/Colorado (can’t remember which one) we’re going to join the B1G as a package deal (until aTm got greedy and scuttled the whole deal). 

And until Oklahoma’s President resigned, they were firmly in the B1G camp because they saw the success Nebraska had academically since joining. As soon as he left, the fans got their way and are joining the SEC…which does nothing for them academically, but when is the last time anything positive academically has been associated with Oklahoma? 

14 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

And until Oklahoma’s President resigned, they were firmly in the B1G camp because they saw the success Nebraska had academically since joining. As soon as he left, the fans got their way and are joining the SEC…which does nothing for them academically, but when is the last time anything positive academically has been associated with Oklahoma? 

Three men are in a bar.  One man asks another, did you go to Princeton?  The man says why yes I did, how did you guess?  The man responds, I saw the emblem on your lapel pin.  The princeton man says to the other man, did you go to Yale?  The man says why yes I did, how did you guess?  The man responds, I saw the Yale logo on your briefcase.  They both turn to the third man and ask did you go to Oklahoma?  The man says why yes I did, how did you guess?  They respond, we saw your class ring when you were picking your nose earlier.

• Haha 5
Just now, Red Five said:

I still can't see Notre Dame turning down about 3x their current TV deal to stay independent.  It makes zero sense.

I assume they are shopping around for the best deal, but I would guess they end up in the B1G.

someone commented on an Indiana board that ND has pretty much nixed the idea.  Who knows.  

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G