USC and UCLA to the B1G

On 3/13/2023 at 11:58 AM, Hooked on Huskers said:

Hopefully in Matt era, I will swap Rainier Wolfcastle (Minnesota) and Ralph (Nebraska)

And replace Marge to Willie (UCLA)

modified .....

0CD1Mby.png

I enjoyed and funny Simpsons show until 5 years ago or so ..... faded away.  Anyway on January 2023, the series was renewed for its 35th and 36th seasons.

Sideshow Bob -- USC -- Evil

Bumblebee Man -- Iowa

Disco Stu -- Purdue

Martin Prince -- Illinois

Barney Gumble -- Wisconsin -- Town drunk

Rainier Wolfcastle -- Nebraska -- acting like Arnold Schwarzenegger ??

Fat Tony -- Ohio St -- Gangster

Waylon Smithers -- Penn St -- Gay

Moe -- Michigan St -- Bad mood all the time (Bar owner)

Ralph -- Minnesota -- You noticed PJ tie ??

Burns -- Michigan

Blue Hair Lawyer -- NW

Grandpa -- Rutgers

Milhouse -- Indy

Groundskeeper Willie -- UCLA

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

B1G still trying to come up with scheduling model for 2024 and beyond.  We know that divisions are dunzo.

3-6-6 is the most clean, so I am sure the B1G will not go with that.  (And somehow Iowa will get Rutgers every year)

Also trying to figure out a way to give every team a trip to Cali once a year and to limit USC/UCLA going to the easternmost schools on back to back weeks.

• Plus1 1
On 3/17/2023 at 11:26 AM, Red Five said:

B1G still trying to come up with scheduling model for 2024 and beyond.  We know that divisions are dunzo.

3-6-6 is the most clean, so I am sure the B1G will not go with that.  (And somehow Iowa will get Rutgers every year)

Also trying to figure out a way to give every team a trip to Cali once a year and to limit USC/UCLA going to the easternmost schools on back to back weeks.

My guess 3-6-6.  I assume no divisions.  Husker protected rivals: Iowa, Wisconsin, and UCLA.  Or else Minnesota instead of UCLA.

https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/projecting-a-3-6-6-schedule-for-nebraska.136082/

I think fixed non-conference foes in 2024 ..... UTEP, Colorado and FCS N.Iowa (all at home).  And remaining '24 schedule according to DuckTownHusker, in order ..... Wisconsin, at UCLA, at Hoosiers, Illini, at Michigan St, Minnesota, at Penn St, at Michigan, and Iowa.

https://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2024.html

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

My guess 3-6-6.  I assume no divisions.  Husker protected rivals: Iowa, Wisconsin, and UCLA.  Or else Minnesota instead of UCLA.

Regarding the Bold text, not sure any "protected rival" can be truly considered until the B1G's expansion intentions are announced. "If" the B1G is bringing in 2 more Pac schools (likely Cal and Washington or Stanford and Washington) Then we unimportant peeps can throw out our proposals. All in fun as we know nobody really cares about what the fans opinions are. 

Regarding expansion I genuinely feel the next additions will be Washington, Clemson, FSU & yes... Notre Dame but that won't happen until the FSU & Clemson finalize internal decisions regarding the hefty cost as stated here: (Link)

"

Cost of departure

Contracts are made to be broken in every industry. In college athletics, the most recent example is the upcoming depature of Texas and Oklahoma from the Big 12 to the SEC in 2024 -- one year earlier than the end of the Big 12's deal. It will be very pricey for Clemson, Florida State -- or any other ACC program, for that matter -- to leave under the league's current grant of rights.

Carolyn Egan, Florida State's vice president for legal affairs and general counsel, said during Friday's meeting that the exit fee would be approximately $120 million, according to the Tampa Bay Times."

48 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Regarding the Bold text, not sure any "protected rival" can be truly considered until the B1G's expansion intentions are announced. "If" the B1G is bringing in 2 more Pac schools (likely Cal and Washington or Stanford and Washington) Then we unimportant peeps can throw out our proposals. All in fun as we know nobody really cares about what the fans opinions are. 

Regarding expansion I genuinely feel the next additions will be Washington, Clemson, FSU & yes... Notre Dame but that won't happen until the FSU & Clemson finalize internal decisions regarding the hefty cost as stated here: (Link)

"

Cost of departure

Contracts are made to be broken in every industry. In college athletics, the most recent example is the upcoming depature of Texas and Oklahoma from the Big 12 to the SEC in 2024 -- one year earlier than the end of the Big 12's deal. It will be very pricey for Clemson, Florida State -- or any other ACC program, for that matter -- to leave under the league's current grant of rights.

Carolyn Egan, Florida State's vice president for legal affairs and general counsel, said during Friday's meeting that the exit fee would be approximately $120 million, according to the Tampa Bay Times."

B1G expansion ...... originally was looking at USC Trojans and Oregon Ducks .... no Bruins. But unfortunately the entire LA market not leaving behind UCLA school.

Hey, how about USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington in Big 10.  Super conference! (18 teams :o)

@Hooked on Huskers - For now, maybe forever, Oregon won't get the invite. Cal/Washington/Stanford are the best bets to get an invite. (has to do with fed research grant $.$$) Another reason Oregon won't get consideration is the East Coast teams. UNC/Virginia/G. Tech/FSU are all Fed Research Grant $.$$ rich. (FSU being the lowest) and finally there's Notre Dame who holds all the cards. Which I'd find incredibly funny if say Cal and Washington are invited followed by say UNC and Virginia. Then Notre Dame contacting the remaining teams (especially teams like Clemson, Utah, Oregon, Stanford, FSU, Okie St, TCU, Baylor, BYU to name a few) and saying screw the B1G and SEC .. let's pool our resources and create a true coast to coast conference. Now that would be awesome and the perfect way to give the finger to the B1G and SEC.

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

@Hooked on Huskers - For now, maybe forever, Oregon won't get the invite. Cal/Washington/Stanford are the best bets to get an invite. (has to do with fed research grant $.$$) Another reason Oregon won't get consideration is the East Coast teams. UNC/Virginia/G. Tech/FSU are all Fed Research Grant $.$$ rich. (FSU being the lowest) and finally there's Notre Dame who holds all the cards. Which I'd find incredibly funny if say Cal and Washington are invited followed by say UNC and Virginia. Then Notre Dame contacting the remaining teams (especially teams like Clemson, Utah, Oregon, Stanford, FSU, Okie St, TCU, Baylor, BYU to name a few) and saying screw the B1G and SEC .. let's pool our resources and create a true coast to coast conference. Now that would be awesome and the perfect way to give the finger to the B1G and SEC.

I want Fighting Irish.  Before USC and UCLA move.  The key thing, location. Plus tradition. Hoosiers/Purdue/ND .... same state.  And less than 150 miles away, Chicago(NW) and South Bend distance.

I really don't like Rutgers .... I know, money talks.

BTW, my second favorite team ---- Notre Dame Fighting Irish

11 hours ago, Loebarth said:

I am curious what NUs research money was the year before they joined the big ten compared to 2022. Do you know? How did NU compare to Big Ten schools the year they joined?