USC and UCLA to the B1G

I could see the B1G taking Miami, UNC, ND or GT and Virginia, (FSU could be a possibility also), to get us to 20 and not adding Washington and Oregon.   The ACC is NOT happy with the money situation and some of the teams have already spoke out about it.  According to some Miami alums I talked to a couple weeks ago,  Miami has already been in talks with the B1G. 

47 minutes ago, methodical said:

LA is a different beast than anywhere in the country aside from NYC.  I'd put WA and OR (and Stanford) as better targets than the ACC teams.  For the universities as a whole, but that's my bias.

UVA and UNC are top 5 public universities.  IMO B1G presidents would like them more that Wash/Ore. 

• Plus1 3

44 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

UNC is also a blue blood in basketball.  Washington and Oregon aren't in any sport.  Maybe track for OR but that doesn't bring eyeballs 

Oregon's Nike money and branding is probably attractive to BIG athletic departments. Especially if they could work out some sort of deal where the teams in the BIG who use Nike get some sort of deal that they get the newest Nike products before other schools. 

• Plus1 1

My Opinion: Oregon and Washington are going to join, and when enough teams from the ACC revolt so will UVA, NC, Miami, ND and two others out of GT, Stanford, Cal…maybe add Duke and Kansas to the list of others.

But wait... there's more!

Nebraska president Ted Carter tells @tomshatelOWH  more realignment is ahead. “How big should (Big Ten) be? Do we need 4 more Pac-12 teams? … I think we have another year or 2 of the status quo w/few minor changes. But I think over next year there’s going to be a lot of big changes that are going to happen. 2 teams that move from 1 of the Power 5 conferences that cause things to unravel. There’s a domino effect. 1 team leaves (the ACC) it has a domino effect. Same w/(teams leaving) the Pac-12”