USC and UCLA to the B1G

Just make four super conferences with 16 teams each (North, South, East, and West). Each conference has four divisions with four teams in it. Winners of each division are seeded 1-4 based on head to head and other tie breakers, they play through a mini-playoff to determine the conference winner. The four conference winners are then seeded again for the national semifinal and final game. Seems easy enough to me. :)

• Plus1 1

@AZRaiderH8r What would you even make four real super conferences out of? At this point, even combining the remains of the Pac and Big 12 wouldn't make a conference on par with the Big Ten and SEC. Only way we're gonna have more than two super conferences is if the ACC manages to add the best remaining Pac and Big 12 teams, which doesn't seem likely.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Just make four super conferences with 16 teams each (North, South, East, and West). Each conference has four divisions with four teams in it. Winners of each division are seeded 1-4 based on head to head and other tie breakers, they play through a mini-playoff to determine the conference winner. The four conference winners are then seeded again for the national semifinal and final game. Seems easy enough to me. :)

Probably B1G will follow SEC, Big12 and PAC12 .... scraps divisions.

Likely 3-6-6 model.  Huskers protected rivals...... could be Iowa, Wisconsin and UCLA or USC (every year)

56 minutes ago, Toe said:

@AZRaiderH8r What would you even make four real super conferences out of? At this point, even combining the remains of the Pac and Big 12 wouldn't make a conference on par with the Big Ten and SEC. Only way we're gonna have more than two super conferences is if the ACC manages to add the best remaining Pac and Big 12 teams, which doesn't seem likely.

I tend to see it your way as well.  I believe we are headed for 2 super conferences down the road.

Realistically, the 'Power 5' pretty much ceases to exist after this coming year. It'll be more like Power 2 and Mid 3, maybe Mid 4 if you want to include the AAC. And as I said above, the ACC could maaaybe still become a power conference, but I doubt it will.

26 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I tend to see it your way as well.  I believe we are headed for 2 super conferences down the road.

The fear I have is the super 2 conferences haven't even been created yet. By this I mean a creation of 2 conferences that are development for NFL and not part of the ncaa. Athletes become employees and not students. 

Eastern Conference & Western Conference with the Mississippi river being so so dividing line. (so so as regionally close teams to the river valley (ex: Notre Dame) could be pushed to either side to balance the structure.

or...

North Conference & South Conference with the Mason Dixon Line being the so so dividing line. 

In either case, would DONU be included with it's current athletic competence? 

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

If you can get those 64 teams to all agree on a revenue distribution model 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Have fun trying to keep travel equitable. USC and UCLA will pretty much always have the greatest travel burden no matter how you schedule it, but I suppose for them, that was the price that had to be paid to get out of the Pac 12. If the number of protected games per team is greater than one, then two or more teams from the 'main' Big Ten region will get stuck flying to the west coast more often. Then again, regularly playing games in southern California might not be bad for recruiting...

10 hours ago, Toe said:

Have fun trying to keep travel equitable. USC and UCLA will pretty much always have the greatest travel burden no matter how you schedule it, but I suppose for them, that was the price that had to be paid to get out of the Pac 12. If the number of protected games per team is greater than one, then two or more teams from the 'main' Big Ten region will get stuck flying to the west coast more often. Then again, regularly playing games in southern California might not be bad for recruiting...

USC and/or UCLA vs. Rutgers and/or Terps.  Need to unretire Concorde plane ;).

If 3-6-6 model, then NU could be Iowa, Badgers and UCLA in protected rivals.

3 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

USC and/or UCLA vs. Rutgers and/or Terps.  Need to unretire Concorde plane ;).

If 3-6-6 model, then NU could be Iowa, Badgers and UCLA in protected rivals.

Or Minny in lieu of Badgers