USC and UCLA to the B1G

3 hours ago, Comish said:

Or Minny in lieu of Badgers

If I had to guess I doubt it'll be Minny because they have so many trophy games that are probably a higher priority than the Chair - Floyd of Rosedale (Iowa), Little Brown Jug (Michigan), Paul Bunyan's Axe (Wisconsin).

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The word on the street is that it won't be 3 protected rivals for everyone.  Some teams may have 3 (Iowa - NU, WI, MN), some teams may have 1 (NU - Iowa).

Yeah, I've kind of seen that hinted at as well.  I suppose it would probably work but it's even harder to avoid the "fairness" argument when you do that.  3-6-6 seems to be pretty clean to me.  But I suppose that wouldn't work either if there are any more teams added.  So perhaps it's better just to protect what "really" needs "protecting" and float everything else.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

If I had to guess I doubt it'll be Minny because they have so many trophy games that are probably a higher priority than the Chair - Floyd of Rosedale (Iowa), Little Brown Jug (Michigan), Paul Bunyan's Axe (Wisconsin).

https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/projecting-a-3-6-6-schedule-for-nebraska.136082/

Here's a mockup I threw together of what a potential 3-6-6 schedule could look like for Nebraska (not including non-conference games, obviously). I'm assuming that Iowa, Wisconsin, and UCLA would be our protected rivals (the "3" part of 3-6-6). Yes, I personally think Minnesota would be a better fit over UCLA, but I'm also being pragmatic here. Nebraska-UCLA seems like a bigger national draw each year than Nebraska-Minnesota.

FkJlUxt.png

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I suppose it would probably work but it's even harder to avoid the "fairness" argument when you do that.  3-6-6 seems to be pretty clean to me.

Agree that 3-6-6 works perfectly, but you do have to make some forced "rivalries".

I am in favor of the 3-6-6, but the 3 aren't set in stone and you can change those up every 4 years.  If UCLA and Wisconsin have a couple great games, then set them up as "rivals" when the schedule is redone.

Whatever happens I am sure we are going to end up playing Ohio St 7 times in 10 years and Rutgers 3 times in 10 years, while Iowa will get Rutgers 7 times and Ohio St 3 times.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Agree that 3-6-6 works perfectly, but you do have to make some forced "rivalries".

I am in favor of the 3-6-6, but the 3 aren't set in stone and you can change those up every 4 years.  If UCLA and Wisconsin have a couple great games, then set them up as "rivals" when the schedule is redone.

Whatever happens I am sure we are going to end up playing Ohio St 7 times in 10 years and Rutgers 3 times in 10 years, while Iowa will get Rutgers 7 times and Ohio St 3 times.

Good, hope so... Want to be respected, be the threat to other respected teams. Be as physical, as fast, as hard nosed and win. Sure tOSU might be the victor more often but the rising from the ashes and winning happens only when there is a belief in I can. It's time to start believing in "I Can". Winning is awesome but champions rise from the ashes hardened and renewed. Rhule and company have this.. Gotta Believe Baby!! Gotta Believe!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...