USC and UCLA to the B1G

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Very interesting info.

I wish I could see the data on all the teams from the first slide.  Also, why the hell do they have ND in the ACC?  This is supposed to be for college FOOTBALL....for which, they are an independent.  

Idk what else is in here, but this link is for their entire "presentation"  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MiUOwx8X3H2bSkUOz8a1YhceyJWLLCoJ/view

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

... according to some metric that seems dubious at best.

Agree with this sentiment.  I find it hard to believe MIssouri has a bigger fan base than NU.  Unless they qualify that as people who just pick that as their favorite team but don’t really follow any sports.   Basically unpassionate fan base 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I agree.  But, it is probably a necessary humbling to see that "the greatest fans on earth" didn't make the Top 16 fan base.

It looks to me that this ranking is based on sheer number of fans so it isn't surprising to me that NE with a relatively tiny population base wouldn't have the raw number of fans. Now fan intensity is another matter.

Is that Stanford in the top 16? That means they are ahead of Washington who is supposedly the second most valuable team left in the PAC12. I don’t usually admit this, but I received a graduate degree from Syracuse. Their fan base was pretty fair weather. I loved watching them lose the 2-15 seed game in the NCAAs to the Richmond Spiders many moons ago. :D It was fun to watch the fan meltdown. 

9 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

It looks to me that this ranking is based on sheer number of fans so it isn't surprising to me that NE with a relatively tiny population base wouldn't have the raw number of fans. Now fan intensity is another matter.

It would be interesting to see how they calculated the size of the fan base.  Yes, our population is low.  But, we have a national fan base that contrary to the population base.

UC regents looking to block UCLA move to the Big Ten.

UC leaders weigh trying to stop UCLA's jump to Big Ten - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

"After the end of a closed session spanning more than an hour, regent John Perez told The Times that the regents retained the power to block UCLA’s move."

Pac-12 survival: UC Board of Regents examine details of UCLA's pending departure, indicate move could be overturned (mercurynews.com)

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G