USC and UCLA to the B1G

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

From a Big Ten board.  It really is amazing how many of them seem to think this has anything to do with academics.  What is that line from The Program..."I don't see 60,000 people showing up to watch a kid take a chemistry test"

If the Big10 still requires academic excellence for league admission, then the likely Pac12 candidates are UCLA, USC, Stanford and Berkeley. All of the rest are a substantial academic step down from the current Big10 schools, Nebraska excepted.

Nebraska is far worse than any other BIG10 or Pac12 school academically. Nebraska promised to improve during the talks to join. Ten years later, I think they are regarded even worse. All in favor of punting them for failure to meet league academic membership requirements? Hell, they even make Iowa academics look good.

What would it take for Nebraska to get back in the AAU? Is the university that far off? 

I remember people on here saying exactly that when Texas and Oklahoma announced that they were joining the SEC, calling Warren an idiot because the Big Ten wasn't expanding. I said at the time that there wasn't much need for the Big Ten to rush, and that taking the top of the PAC was the probably most viable option. Although I predicted that it would be the top four teams, not two.

Just now, Toe said:

I remember people on here saying exactly that when Texas and Oklahoma announced that they were joining the SEC, calling Warren an idiot because the Big Ten wasn't expanding. I said at the time that there wasn't much need for the Big Ten to rush, and that taking the top of the PAC was the probably most viable option. Although I predicted that it would be the top four teams, not two.

Warren probably making a push for Notre Dame before moving on to other schools from the remaining PAC schools. 

1 minute ago, Toe said:

Well...UCLA and USC contacted the Big Ten, it even is stated that the Big Ten was NOT looking to add new members.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
  • Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G