Nebrasketball @ Iowa

Guarantee at least a .500 finished to the season regardless of tournaments outcome will this team get an invite to post season NIT? I think they meet criteria, unless we make a major run in the big 10 tournament

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

41 minutes ago, HANC said:

Guarantee at least a .500 finished to the season regardless of tournaments outcome will this team get an invite to post season NIT? I think they meet criteria, unless we make a major run in the big 10 tournament

I swear one of the factors is attendance.  Given half the B1G teams make the dance I gotta believe the Huskers are in the NIT.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

We have won 6 of last 8 I believe, plus wins over at least 4 tournament teams in that stretch and a win over Creighton. I completely agree on attendance factor. I think we are in with possibly a home game for $$. Yes, a win in the Big 10 will probably seal deal

• Oh Yeah! 1

Wow! That's a big win! A huge boost going into the NIT. I bet they're kicking themselves over the lackluster start to the season. I don't think anyone has us on the bubble but you'd think this team would be one the top teams wouldn't want to draw to start the Dance.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hate to complain about the refs, but I'm complaining about the refs. Last 3 by Lawrence he gets hit on the arm exactly like coach's younger son who got a 4 point play early in the 2nd half for Io_a. Just seemed like the refs were afraid of the coach and didn't want to make a call on Io_a to avoid the acting up until the end of the game where their need to make the over-exaggerated charging call overruled their fear.

Great win by the team though. Due to the loss against MSU I expected Io_a to start running away with the game when they got up 7 in the second half, but the guys fought back and grabbed some of the mojo from their first win against Io_a to prevent them from making a field goal in like the last 6 minutes.

• TBH 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I didn’t get to watch. But, Lawrence sure seems to be coming in as a shooter. Maybe he can take over that roll if Tominaga doesn’t come back. 

I wasn’t able to watch this game either, but one thing I like about Lawrence is how quick he is.  Looks like he was a bomber today, but he gets the the hoop in a hurry when there’s an opening.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

It was a good win.   Griesel is the unsung hero imo.  He shot the ball really well and played amazing defense.   We are going to miss him next year.  Up next- beat Minnesota to guarantee a winning record on the season. 

That was due to the team. He struggles with defending athleticism.  I am impressed he did not have a TO, which is his biggest problem with him.  We have good young players to replace him.  We need size.