Nebrasketball @ Iowa

8 hours ago, Hilltop said:

It was a good win.   Griesel is the unsung hero imo.  He shot the ball really well and played amazing defense.   We are going to miss him next year.  Up next- beat Minnesota to guarantee a winning record on the season. 

He isn't the best player on the team.  But, at the same time, I feel like he's a huge reason why we have had a better season this year than the last few.  Hopefully, he's helped instill the love of the program and work ethic.  If this team can get some form of confidence that they CAN win a lot of games to carry over to next year, that will go a long ways to helping the younger players step up.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

That was due to the team. He struggles with defending athleticism.  I am impressed he did not have a TO, which is his biggest problem with him.  We have good young players to replace him.  We need size.

I get that.  Nobody performs well without a great team effort.  I just feel he gets left out of a lot of discussions.  He had a great game yesterday and really stepped up on a few occasions when we really needed him.  I am excited about the youth on the team but I'm afraid it will be another "rebuild" next year losing Walker, Griesel, and possibly Tominaga.   

14 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Hate to complain about the refs, but I'm complaining about the refs. Last 3 by Lawrence he gets hit on the arm exactly like coach's younger son who got a 4 point play early in the 2nd half for Io_a. Just seemed like the refs were afraid of the coach and didn't want to make a call on Io_a to avoid the acting up until the end of the game where their need to make the over-exaggerated charging call overruled their fear.

I really try to not be a “But the refs!” guy too. But man it seemed they let Iowa be super aggressive defensively while calling everything they could on us. There were a handful of times Walker pleaded his case and I thought they were going to T him up for it or something. 

Ultimately it doesn’t matter. Got the W. Most competitive team in years. Hope they can make some noise in the B1G tournament. 

• Plus1 1

16-15 going into the B1G tournament ?!!  With a huge road win at Iowa ?!!??

Exceeded my expectations by far, and totally on board with the progress made this year.

Huskers be playing some ball on the court and it is so good to see that !

• Oh Yeah! 1