Thunderin' Bolts vs Northern Colorado

1 minute ago, Pasadena Husker said:

in their last 8 games (4 against New Mexico and 4 against the University of Washington), UNC is 0-8, has given up 116 runs! and scored 18.  I get that Anderson will be motivated to have a good showing against his former employer, but Nebraska should win both of these games.   

UNC is just a bad baseball program.  There are D2 teams in Colorado which can hold their own (and beat) UNC on an annual basis.  Anderson is doing his best to keep in-state recruits to UNC, but he is fighting an uphill battle.  Anderson is from Eaton, CO (which is less than 10 miles from Greeley), and his family are baseball legends in the Northern Colorado area, but it would take a miracle for him to get UNC to be a decent, lower-level D1 program.

Congrats to Huskers smashing the ball and getting on top of it with the big bats today.  You have to do this when you get this kind of opportunity.  I am very glad to see them attack at the plate !

Having said that, I will bet that Northern Colorado has seen this all before. 

UNC's baseball team gets ready to go before the game, then they quickly realize it's the same story, different day vs a different team.  Today it is the Huskers that destroy their pitching.  

4 hours ago, Pasadena Husker said:

in their last 8 games (4 against New Mexico and 4 against the University of Washington), UNC is 0-8, has given up 116 runs! and scored 18.  I get that Anderson will be motivated to have a good showing against his former employer, but Nebraska should win both of these games.   

Anderson was a grifter who was lucky to be HC during those CWS runs. There’s a reason he’s at UNC. 

• Plus1 1