Transfer Szn 2023

I LOVE ME SOME TRANSFER PORTAL.

BJ Mack might be your Walker replacement. 6'8/245 pounds(Walker 6'9/245)

BJ averages more points but less rebounds and less assists. 

Chris Ledlum might also be a guy they play in the Walker role. 6'6-225 but averaged 8.5 boards a game. Harvard was pretty bad this year and he seemed to be the only guy who did much on the stats sheet for them

I am intrigued to see how many spots we truly have open. 

We know Griesel, Walker and Bandoumel are gone. Eli Rice will take one of those spots, so as of now two openings.

I do think Keisei will come back. Plenty of hype on Ramel Lloyd who redshirted. 

Plenty of random rumors on some former Nebraska Highschool players who might look around(Sallis and Traudt-- I dont think these rumors come from any legit sources).

That all being said, I really liked the step the team took this year and I think Hoiberg knows the type of players he wants. We need a shooter. Replacing Griesel and Walker isnt easy but give me dudes who will play hard.

Maybe the Nebraska guys come back home after the season.  Chuckie Hepburn at Wiskey (he did not play well tonight against Ohio State) and Grand Island's own Isaac Troudt at Virginia.  Hearing we may be in the running for both.

19 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I LOVE ME SOME TRANSFER PORTAL.

BJ Mack might be your Walker replacement. 6'8/245 pounds(Walker 6'9/245)

BJ averages more points but less rebounds and less assists. 

Chris Ledlum might also be a guy they play in the Walker role. 6'6-225 but averaged 8.5 boards a game. Harvard was pretty bad this year and he seemed to be the only guy who did much on the stats sheet for them

I am intrigued to see how many spots we truly have open. 

We know Griesel, Walker and Bandoumel are gone. Eli Rice will take one of those spots, so as of now two openings.

I do think Keisei will come back. Plenty of hype on Ramel Lloyd who redshirted. 

Plenty of random rumors on some former Nebraska Highschool players who might look around(Sallis and Traudt-- I dont think these rumors come from any legit sources).

That all being said, I really liked the step the team took this year and I think Hoiberg knows the type of players he wants. We need a shooter. Replacing Griesel and Walker isnt easy but give me dudes who will play hard.

The last part of the season got me more excited for the young guys than I was.

Lawrence - Looks like a shooter that can really help if Tominaga doesn't come back.  If he DOES come back, it will be great to have two good shooters.

Keita - I really hope he keeps developing to become a force on the inside.  He has the body and athleticism to do it.  Hopefully this year got him used to playing in the Big Ten.  And, hope he stays healthy.

Lloyde - Don't know much about him, but it sounds like he's doing well on the practice squad and is a guy who cah drive and get to the rim.

Gary - Hopefully he comes back.  I thought he showed some good things this year till he got hurt.  Hopefully, he keeps developing.

I don't see much from anyone else on the roster.  I just don't ever see Kojenets developing into anything.  It would be fantastic if he could with his length.  But, I just don't see it.  Dawsom??? Maybe...but, I just haven't seen anything spectacular.

We really need to find transfers to go with the 5 I listed above.  Another big guy would be.....well.....big.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The last part of the season got me more excited for the young guys than I was.

Lawrence - Looks like a shooter that can really help if Tominaga doesn't come back.  If he DOES come back, it will be great to have two good shooters.

Keita - I really hope he keeps developing to become a force on the inside.  He has the body and athleticism to do it.  Hopefully this year got him used to playing in the Big Ten.  And, hope he stays healthy.

Lloyde - Don't know much about him, but it sounds like he's doing well on the practice squad and is a guy who cah drive and get to the rim.

Gary - Hopefully he comes back.  I thought he showed some good things this year till he got hurt.  Hopefully, he keeps developing.

I don't see much from anyone else on the roster.  I just don't ever see Kojenets developing into anything.  It would be fantastic if he could with his length.  But, I just don't see it.  Dawsom??? Maybe...but, I just haven't seen anything spectacular.

We really need to find transfers to go with the 5 I listed above.  Another big guy would be.....well.....big.

Dawson is a good defender, he just needs to work on his shot.  Fred went to him earlier in the season before settling on Lawrence.  Breidenbach needs to turn the corner or leave.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

He at least needs to be told..."you're not a three point shooter.  Stop trying".

Then, he needs to figure out the rest of his game.

The announcers had the right comment during the game. Get in the paint and try to make rebounds, tip outs, and put backs. He has to prove that he can make 3 pointers. If he's wide open on his first two 3 point shots and decides to shoot but goes 0-2, he should be pretty much on the bench the rest of the game. Prove he can make them or he should sit on the bench. Otherwise, he needs to focus on what he should be doing out there.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

The announcers had the right comment during the game. Get in the paint and try to make rebounds, tip outs, and put backs. He has to prove that he can make 3 pointers. If he's wide open on his first two 3 point shots and decides to shoot but goes 0-2, he should be pretty much on the bench the rest of the game. Prove he can make them or he should sit on the bench. Otherwise, he needs to focus on what he should be doing out there.

I'm sure Hoiberg gives him the green light because I see him make them all the time in warm ups, so I'm sure he makes them in practice.  It just doesn't seem to translate to the game.

On 3/8/2023 at 7:24 PM, Vizsla1 said:

Maybe the Nebraska guys come back home after the season.  Chuckie Hepburn at Wiskey (he did not play well tonight against Ohio State) and Grand Island's own Isaac Troudt at Virginia.  Hearing we may be in the running for both.

I'd be stunned if Chuckie came back to Nebraska.  Creighton has no room, unless they lose some people and Lincoln doesn't seem to be high on his list.   He, and his family, were not happy with how he was treated when he was last in Lincoln.

3 hours ago, sho said:

I'd be stunned if Chuckie came back to Nebraska.  Creighton has no room, unless they lose some people and Lincoln doesn't seem to be high on his list.   He, and his family, were not happy with how he was treated when he was last in Lincoln.

His feelings were hurt because he got booed? If that hurts his feelings, then we don't want him. He needs to "suck it up buttercup".

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
On 3/10/2023 at 4:01 PM, sho said:

Sounds like a similar experience Bahe talked about often, comes through his broadcasts at times too.

Looking at his stat line, it coulda played a factor when forcing up twelve 3s.