Transfer Szn 2023

On 3/10/2023 at 7:50 PM, ECisGod said:

His feelings were hurt because he got booed? If that hurts his feelings, then we don't want him. He needs to "suck it up buttercup".

Not sure if it was just getting booed.   All I can confidently speak on is that it was more than just Chuckie that had his feelings hurt, talking to members of his family, the entire family was very upset with how they were treated when he came back.   I didn't ask for elaboration on all that happened.

3 minutes ago, sho said:

Not sure if it was just getting booed.   All I can confidently speak on is that it was more than just Chuckie that had his feelings hurt, talking to members of his family, the entire family was very upset with how they were treated when he came back.   I didn't ask for elaboration on all that happened.

If it's just the booing....suck it up.  It's sports and fans are going to make PBA hard for him to come in and play at....as they should.  If it's something more than that, especially something off the court, then probably the fans need to chill out.

But, you're a top player in the state and you pick a rival to go play for and you don't expect some negativity around you coming back to play from the fans like booing?  Well.....welcome to reality.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If it's just the booing....suck it up.  It's sports and fans are going to make PBA hard for him to come in and play at....as they should.  If it's something more than that, especially something off the court, then probably the fans need to chill out.

But, you're a top player in the state and you pick a rival to go play for and you don't expect some negativity around you coming back to play from the fans like booing?  Well.....welcome to reality.

I'm assuming, that based on the entire family being upset, that the comments weren't exclusive to just Chuckie.   I'd bet dollars to donuts that family members were on the receiving end of some comments.  And that's where they felt the fans crossed the line.   That's my opinion based on how upset the family was.

4 minutes ago, sho said:

I'm assuming, that based on the entire family being upset, that the comments weren't exclusive to just Chuckie.   I'd bet dollars to donuts that family members were on the receiving end of some comments.  And that's where they felt the fans crossed the line.   That's my opinion based on how upset the family was.

OK, that's a little less OK.  But, still, the context of it matters to me.  But, I'll never know so I'm not going to worry about it.

I personally don't think, even if he and the family were treated like royalty, that he would come back to Nebraska and play.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, that's a little less OK.  But, still, the context of it matters to me.  But, I'll never know so I'm not going to worry about it.

I personally don't think, even if he and the family were treated like royalty, that he would come back to Nebraska and play.

Know the family, and have friends that talk to both Max and Hunter's families.   General belief of the families is that none of the three will finish their college careers where it started.   That doesn't mean that coming home is a foregone conclusion, but for both Max and Hunter I think it's still an open door.  Not so much with Chuckie at the moment.   And who knows what the local schools will want when they are ready to move on.

5 minutes ago, sho said:

Know the family, and have friends that talk to both Max and Hunter's families.   General belief of the families is that none of the three will finish their college careers where it started.   That doesn't mean that coming home is a foregone conclusion, but for both Max and Hunter I think it's still an open door.  Not so much with Chuckie at the moment.   And who knows what the local schools will want when they are ready to move on.

Are you talking about Max Murrell at Stanford?

I would really love to know what Isaac Traudt's plans are.

29 minutes ago, sho said:

My season tickets are right behind the opposing team's bench.  The opposing team's fans usually are sitting a few rows in front of me & didn't hear anything directed toward their fans during the game (or Chucky's family specifically).  That doesn't mean there wasn't or that it didn't happen outside, in the concourse or while they waited for Chucky to come out of the locker room and greet them after the game or any other time.  It was pretty clear he had a subpar game and it appeared that the student section (and other parts of the crowd) booing him affected his game.

I rarely yell anything directly at an opposing team's player unless he is constantly complaining about the way the game is being called or is acting like a complete a$$.  I do a lot of yelling, but it is usually encouragement for the Huskers, complaining to the ref's or directed toward the opposing team's coach.  Fran McCaffrey & Juwan Howard are easy targets because Fran whines about every call against Iowa & you can tell when you get under Juwan's skin.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

My season tickets are right behind the opposing team's bench.  The opposing team's fans usually are sitting a few rows in front of me & didn't hear anything directed toward their fans during the game (or Chucky's family specifically).  That doesn't mean there wasn't or that it didn't happen outside, in the concourse or while they waited for Chucky to come out of the locker room and greet them after the game or any other time.  It was pretty clear he had a subpar game and it appeared that the student section (and other parts of the crowd) booing him affected his game.

I rarely yell anything directly at an opposing team's player unless he is constantly complaining about the way the game is being called or is acting like a complete a$$.  I do a lot of yelling, but it is usually encouragement for the Huskers, complaining to the ref's or directed toward the opposing team's coach.  Fran McCaffrey & Juwan Howard are easy targets because Fran whines about every call against Iowa & you can tell when you get under Juwan's skin.

And...that's pretty much the type of fan I am.  I really don't get into yelling at opposing players..etc.  But, my point is, Chucky and his family shouldn't expect to come in to PBA and not have the place fans try their best to get into his head and make it difficult.

7 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I wasn't at the game, and I can only base it on the comments and anger the family has.  Not sure how bad it actually was or if they were overly sensitive because it was also his BDay and it was a rough game for him.  But my gut says the family was on the receiving end of things.