Transfer Szn 2023

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

He fell out of favor the last month of the season.  Understandable from his point of view.

I get it from his point of view, but if he was more consistent as a three point shooter, he'd get plenty of PT as a 3 & D guy.  I think he would have played 15+ minutes per game next year.

• TBH 1
15 hours ago, ECisGod said:

I get it from his point of view, but if he was more consistent as a three point shooter, he'd get plenty of PT as a 3 & D guy.  I think he would have played 15+ minutes per game next year.

Never progressed as any type of consistent offensive threat 

32 minutes ago, Comish said:

Never progressed as any type of consistent offensive threat 

Which is why he lost playing time late n the season & the solution is to put in time in the off-season working on his shot.  Unless he transfers to a mid-major school, it won't change anything in his PT.

• TBH 1

25 minutes ago, Farms said:

Apparently there's starting to be some real smoke around Hunter Sallis.  

The only way is through a HUGE NIL deal. 

I think its easy to mention hometown kids but did any of these guys truly root for Nebraska like Griesel did? 

I have no sources, so just using my logic here but those who toss around Sallis, Traudt and Hepburn seem like more wishful thinking.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

The only way is through a HUGE NIL deal. 

I think its easy to mention hometown kids but did any of these guys truly root for Nebraska like Griesel did? 

I have no sources, so just using my logic here but those who toss around Sallis, Traudt and Hepburn seem like more wishful thinking.

Not being a smartass but do you really think a guy like Sallis has a lot better NIL opportunities at Gonzaga than he'd have here?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

But I’d be real surprised if Gonzaga has more NIL money

At Gonzaga basketball is all they have.  I would guess they have more NIL dollars dedicated to basketball than NU does.

Take Creighton for example. Creighton is supposedly offering $110k/year + a car for incoming freshman, which was more than both Nebraska (pre-1890) and Wisconsin were offering.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Farms said:

Not being a smartass but do you really think a guy like Sallis has a lot better NIL opportunities at Gonzaga than he'd have here?

Yes. I think he probably does since all they have is basketball and I think most of our NIL money goes to football.

I also think we would need to pay more than others since we are less likely to be good.

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

At Gonzaga basketball is all they have.  I would guess they have more NIL dollars dedicated to basketball than NU does.

Take Creighton for example. Creighton is supposedly offering $110k/year + a car for incoming freshman, which was more than both Nebraska (pre-1890) and Wisconsin were offering.

I think Gonzaga and Creighton are fair comparsions.  However, there are two differences.  And they are kind of big.

1.  Spokane is kind of isolated

2. Attendance - Nebraska and Creighton are both in the top 10 in the 2022 NCAA data (2nd Link).  Gonzaga averages 6,000 per game. 6K is 10K less than Creighton per game.  9K less than Nebraska.

25 men's college basketball teams with the highest attendance in 2019-20 | NCAA.com

Attend.pdf (ncaa.org)

• Plus1 1

Any chatter about Jamison battle?  It would be nice to have a legit stretch 4 who can defend...

Also, Ed Jarvis from Yale, Chris Ledlum from Harvard, kahlif battle from temple, paxson wojcik from brown, mike mitchell jr from pepperdine, elijah hutchins-everett from austin peay are intriguing...but what do I know!