Transfer Szn 2023

On 3/17/2023 at 7:57 AM, Red Five said:

At Gonzaga basketball is all they have.  I would guess they have more NIL dollars dedicated to basketball than NU does.

Take Creighton for example. Creighton is supposedly offering $110k/year + a car for incoming freshman, which was more than both Nebraska (pre-1890) and Wisconsin were offering.

Nvm.. go big red

On 3/16/2023 at 11:37 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

The only way is through a HUGE NIL deal. 

I think its easy to mention hometown kids but did any of these guys truly root for Nebraska like Griesel did? 

I have no sources, so just using my logic here but those who toss around Sallis, Traudt and Hepburn seem like more wishful thinking.

Gary Sharpe on 1620 has been hinting/talking about Sallis and lately has been making veiled comments about Hepburn potentially leaving Wisky also, though he hasn’t made the link to NU like he did for Sallis. He is pretty tuned in so I have to assume there is some smoke for both of them, not sure on Traudt. 

Rienk Mast entered the portal today.  3 yr starter at Bradley...a 4 who has a great back to the basket game and can stretch the floor a bit.  +6 plus/minus this year...nearly 14 ppg and 8 boards. 35% from 3 this year, 74% from the line...plus 2.5 and Ows and plus 1.8 Dws. probably the 2nd best player in the mvc this year...6'9"  240 lbs.  He's built for the big ten as a 4...been playing a 5 for Bradley. 

We won't get him lol, but damn he'd be a great addition 

8 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

We won't get him lol, but damn he'd be a great addition 

Following up on that theme, Andrew Rohde from St Thomas (MN) entered yesterday (St Thomas is in their 2nd year of D1, was a D3 powerhouse.  Can't go to the NCAA Tournament for a couple more years due to dumb NCAA rules).

Rohde is a 6'6" SG and averaged 17/4/4 this year as a true freshman.  He was 6th in the Summit league in scoring.  35% from 3, 82% from the line.  First team All-Summit and Summit freshman of the year.

He's originally from the Milwaukee area, so Marquette and Wisconsin have to be the favorites.

I saw him play in person a couple times this year.  He definitely passes the eye test.

Best big man you either haven't heard of, or forgot about just entered the portal.   Graham Ike 6'9" 245 Rs So from Wyoming.  A legit 19 & 9 guy last year...redshirt this year rehabbing a leg injury.  This guy's legit.  Fun stats.  222 FTs attempted in 21-22...71.6%.  Usage rate was 35.4. Average usage rate tends to fall around the 20 mark...the cowpokes were very dependant on he and Maldonado last year.  And they sucked this year with 1 graduating and Ike redshirting.

Nelly Junior Joseph from Iona Portaled yesterday...15 & 9 guy...guy is a beast inside....may very well follow pitino to St. Johns, but he'd be worth a feel out text 

Love the length of Mustapha Amzil from Dayton 6'10" 220 stretch 4

In the gym range of Josh Nickelberry from Lasalle...A10 6th man of the year

This portal is starting to fill up with some dogs 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

John Tonje entered yesterday from Colorado St.  Supposedly we have already been in contact. Went to Omaha Central.

6'6" guard.  Will be a 5th year senior.  Averaged 15 pt, 5 rb, 1 ast this past season.  39% from 3, 81% from the line.

Yes, saw this yesterday.   He'd be a good addition too.  

• Plus1 1