2023/24 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, with Tominaga coming back, I think this changes a lot on this team.  We lose Walker and Griesel.  I think we have players that can replace Griesel with Grace, Lawrence, or Lloyd.  The big thing is, can we replace Walker.  Hopefully, Keita can do that.  I think he has the potential.  He just needs to put his whole game together.  Sam Hoiberg is going to be interesting to watch.  He really came on towards the end of the season as a role player and his defense added a spark.  Hopefully, Wilcher is still coming off the bench....every once in a while....when there isn't anyone else.

The team caught some fire at the end of the season when things really started clicking between Walker and Tominaga.  That chemistry was fun to watch. How Fred replaces that is key.

Tominaga and Brice Williams won't be with the team this month.  Williams finishing up classes at Charlotte.  Tominaga probably playing for Japan in the FIBA World Cup and won't be back until late August.

Gary hoping to be cleared to play when the team goes to Spain.  He's ahead of schedule on his recovery.

Keita also looks to be good to go for the Spain trip.

Allick probably not ready to go this summer but should be good in the fall.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:27 AM, BigRedBuster said:

So, with Tominaga coming back, I think this changes a lot on this team.  We lose Walker and Griesel.  I think we have players that can replace Griesel with Grace, Lawrence, or Lloyd.  The big thing is, can we replace Walker.  Hopefully, Keita can do that.  I think he has the potential.  He just needs to put his whole game together.  Sam Hoiberg is going to be interesting to watch.  He really came on towards the end of the season as a role player and his defense added a spark.  Hopefully, Wilcher is still coming off the bench....every once in a while....when there isn't anyone else.

The team caught some fire at the end of the season when things really started clicking between Walker and Tominaga.  That chemistry was fun to watch. How Fred replaces that is key.

Hopefully Mast and Allick can replace Walker

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

I still feel that the team is lacking in alot of areas.  I know they have added guys but I don't feel so strongly on this team but others do.  I think this is going to be Fred Hoiberg's last season here or don't know if he last the whole season.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they will be better than last year.  I think they have a lot of pieces to be a good team.  The biggest question in my mind is how team chemistry will work out.  It certainly doesn't help that Tominaga & Mast won't be on the trip to Spain and may not be back on campus at the start of the school year depending on how well their national teams do.  They aren't going to be a Sweet 16 team, but they should at least be an NIT/bubble team.

I agree that if they aren't better this year Hoiberg will be gone.  I think the one thing he has going for him is that he changed some of his philosophy to fit the B1G instead of trying to make everyone adjust to him (unlike Frost), so as long as they show progress he will stick around.