Thunderin' Bolts vs Omaha

11 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I realize the need for 6pm first pitch games but in March (at least early/mid March) why can't they play earlier.. 4pm (warmer) and would still enhance ticket sales. I'd make the drive for a mid march 45° game but I won't for a 6pm (home at 10:00pmish) 45° game.

I get your point about starting in warmer weather, but then people would complain about having to leave work early to be able to make a 4 PM start.  Plus, a later start in the middle of the week, enables fewer class disruptions for the players.

• TBH 1

Omaha got us last year.  I think twice maybe?

This year's Husker baseball team is in a groove (after a rough start in SD- no biggie), and I'd feel a lot better if they recall last year - and take it to them (Omaha) this game and each time they meet up.

15 minutes ago, admo said:

Omaha got us last year.  I think twice maybe?

This year's Husker baseball team is in a groove (after a rough start in SD- no biggie), and I'd feel a lot better if they recall last year - and take it to them (Omaha) this game and each time they meet up.

Ugh... I forgot that I had myself on probationary posting... Last post in the baseball thread until tomorrow. I'm such a jinx. 

• Haha 1

Ok, not as bad as I thought.  The series last year was a split.  But still...

Huskers 3 Omaha 4 - in Omaha  (LOST)

Huskers 6 Omaha 5 - in Lincoln  (WON)

Huskers 5 Omaha 6 - in Omaha (LOST)

Huskers 14 Omaha 3 - in Lincoln (WON)

I think the meeting between the two baseball programs is good for the state of Nebraska.  I think the same thing when the Huskers play Creighton, but most Husker fans disagree.  

Having said that, it is all good!  GBR - kick some butt tonight !

9 minutes ago, admo said:

Ok, not as bad as I thought.  The series last year was a split.  But still...

Huskers 3 Omaha 4 - in Omaha  (LOST)

Huskers 6 Omaha 5 - in Lincoln  (WON)

Huskers 5 Omaha 6 - in Omaha (LOST)

Huskers 14 Omaha 3 - in Lincoln (WON)

I think the meeting between the two baseball programs is good for the state of Nebraska.  I think the same thing when the Huskers play Creighton, but most Husker fans disagree.  

Having said that, it is all good!  GBR - kick some butt tonight !

I think it’s good for the state, sport and the programs to play these teams. I just want to kick their a$$ every time. Especially crieghton. 

• Oh Yeah! 1