2023 Spring Practice Notes - Running Backs

Just now, Decked said:

He gave more than an indication last year that he had could be quite good. I’m all for it if Grant isn’t in. 

Could be.  I'm preparing for the possibility that both he and Grant flake out this season.  If anyone emerges, Ervin seems by far the most likely at this point, based on Rhule's comments.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Could be.  I'm preparing for the possibility that both he and Grant flake out this season.  If anyone emerges, Ervin seems by far the most likely at this point, based on Rhule's comments.

I think Allen comes around. Not to minimize his actions or rather inaction the other day. It's just part of the process. He's certainly got the talent. Now he's got to work on the mental aspect of his game. I think he and Ervin will be battling for the lead back. He (Gabe) has had limited opportunity. There were opportunities that he missed receiving the ball on the outside too where there were other open receivers. He'll be making better cuts. They have the highest ceilings. Johnson likely contributes as well.  Quite versatile. Anthony Grant has work to do and needs to pick it up. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Call me crazy, probably am but honestly, my gut is telling RJ will be used more than any other back. RJ has always ran with aggression, not a dancer, a north/south runner that isn't afraid of contact and I think because of that we'll see a lot of RJ. I like Grant a bunch too and Allen, if RJ and Grant can handle the load might be redshirted. 

• Oh Yeah! 1