2023 Spring Practice Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

56 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's because he didn't want to play safety.  If he would have refused TE also he probably would have been cut after his rookie year and we would have never heard from him again.

Exactly. When your NFL team tells you that you are too slow to play wide receiver, you bulk up, become a tight end/H-back and you have a good NFL career. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

In Rhule and Sat's new scheme using Chance Brewington would have been a star with them talking about using 3-4 TE's on some sets with them use as TE, HB, FB etc.... 

His name is Chancellor.  Don't dishonor his memory like that!  He worked so hard to get promoted.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

On 3/20/2023 at 12:53 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

It’s like Niles Paul I never really understood why the NFL made him a tight end bc I thought he looked slower and it cut his playing days short bc of injuries.

He played several years in the NFL at TE.   Does that help your understanding?

Weight/Position change causing his injuries is speculation.

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Exactly. When your NFL team tells you that you are too slow to play wide receiver, you bulk up, become a tight end/H-back and you have a good NFL career. 

And he did have a really nice career, to be honest.  Vastly exceeded my expectations anyway.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, The Dude said:

And he did have a really nice career, to be honest.  Vastly exceeded my expectations anyway.

My diehard Redskins fan loved him, especially playing the tough and dirty role on special teams and killing it.  And then toss him in as H-Back, Fullback, TE.  They loved him on their team, and I did too.  

These days they are still Washington diehard fans, but still trying to become Commander fans.  If that makes sense (to some it don't - to me it does).  

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...