2023 Spring Practice Notes - Defensive Backs

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like Hartzog may be a safety going forward.

I don't hate it - shouldn't have to handle as many one on one deep shots where the height is a real problem. He seems like a willing tackler, I guess we'll see about how effective he can be. But I like him on the field, some guys just make plays and he is one of them.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Newsome and Hartzog seem to have spots locked up.  Farmer, Collier and Omar Brown have been with the first unit.  Gifford didn't seem to be practicing while they were watching but he would be out there as well.

Clark, NPG, Singleton, Hill and Gage Stenger looked to be the second unit.

Just now, Mavric said:

Newsome and Hartzog seem to have spots locked up.  Farmer, Collier and Omar Brown have been with the first unit.  Gifford didn't seem to be practicing while they were watching but he would be out there as well.

Hartzog at safety, newsome at CB1, & Omar at a hybrid role I like a lot. Not sure who is CB2. Buford back in the fall is a large wildcard. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Is there a possibility that Clark could not count against our scholarship limit? Could he technically be called a covid guy still?