2023 Spring Practice Notes - Defensive Backs

9 hours ago, Farms said:

Is there a possibility that Clark could not count against our scholarship limit? Could he technically be called a covid guy still?

Every scholarship counts against the limit.  The extra year just means they can count longer.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

White listed Hartzog, Javier Morton, Tommi Hill and Farmer as some of his best cover guy working for the starting CB spot opposite Newsome.

Farmer at corner doesn’t exactly install a lot of confidence. I would be fine if his role was diminished this year rather than elevated. 

• Plus1 4
18 hours ago, Decked said:

Farmer at corner doesn’t exactly install a lot of confidence. I would be fine if his role was diminished this year rather than elevated. 

I agree. I haven't seen anything from him that would give me any sort of confidence. He is always out of position, doesn't tackle at all and is a liability. 

• TBH 1

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

White listed Hartzog, Javier Morton, Tommi Hill and Farmer as some of his best cover guy working for the starting CB spot opposite Newsome.

I'm holding out hope that Hill can still reach his "Sunday Guy" potential that we heard about last year.  

• Plus1 1

Cool bc Farmer is better suited for corner than safety. 

Lining up 5-10 yards off the ball (receiver) and immediately backpedaling.  Like he do at Safety, but 15 yards back.  On every play, including obvious running plays.

He does have some good hands tho.  So as a corner, that's something. :thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...