2023 College Football Playoff

suh_fan93

6 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

"As of today".  They simply had to account for league champions I'm thinking (automatic bids - 2024 CFB playoff format).  Hence the reason why Tulane is even listed at #12.

Aaah. I didn’t consider that the playoff seeding for the new 12T playoff may be a bit different than the current system. IDK how it’s setup but it would make some sense to have conference champions trumping some in the overall rankings thus B1G #2 moving down below 2 other conf champs.

Honestly I was just surprised that tOSU was #1 and ahead of both Michigan and UGA. Maybe meatchicken is being punished in the poll for their cheating scandal but IMO they have been the most dominant team thus far this season.

16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Aaah. I didn’t consider that the playoff seeding for the new 12T playoff may be a bit different than the current system. IDK how it’s setup but it would make some sense to have conference champions trumping some in the overall rankings thus B1G #2 moving down below 2 other conf champs.

Honestly I was just surprised that tOSU was #1 and ahead of both Michigan and UGA. Maybe meatchicken is being punished in the poll for their cheating scandal but IMO they have been the most dominant team thus far this season.

I'm still on the edge about Michigan.  Their toughest teams on their schedule so far have been UNLV and Rutgers.  At the same time yeah they've definitely been all dominating victories.  I feel like we'll really know once they play a team with a good defensive line imo which so far they haven't.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm still on the edge about Michigan.  Their toughest teams on their schedule so far have been UNLV and Rutgers.  At the same time yeah they've definitely been all dominating victories.  I feel like we'll really know once they play a team with a good defensive line imo which so far they haven't.

Yeah we’ll know more about them after they play PSU and tOSU. Their schedule has been ridiculously easy this far. I didn’t realize how easy until I just looked at it again.

• Fire 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

5 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

UGA's schedule is somehow worse than that of Michigan.  The two teams combined have zero top 25 wins and only a few in the top 50.

• Plus1 1