Legacy v. Donors

Just want to say that I am a donor and I don't think that this would be fair because of how long some people have had their seats. Although I do wonder HOW they have been kept that long in some families. According to the agreement you sign it says the original ticket holder may pass the tickets to a son or daughter ONE TIME. If they get passed generation to generation then there must be some season ticket holders ages approaching the century mark. I just find that interesting.

What reseating should be done is that those people that sell their tickets game in and game out should be stripped of their tickets (as they are suppose to be) and let those that actually attend regularly be allowed ot move up. nothing pisses me off more then to see the same seats occupied by different people every single game. You know that the people that own the seats care about the money more then the team. To me that is not right.

For what it's worth, my wife's grandmother has season tix and distributes them to different family members for each game........

I know this isn't your complaint, but I thought I'd bring this up before someone starts a totally new rant instead of staying on topic.

Cheers. :wasted

Just want to say that I am a donor and I don't think that this would be fair because of how long some people have had their seats. Although I do wonder HOW they have been kept that long in some families. According to the agreement you sign it says the original ticket holder may pass the tickets to a son or daughter ONE TIME. If they get passed generation to generation then there must be some season ticket holders ages approaching the century mark. I just find that interesting.

What reseating should be done is that those people that sell their tickets game in and game out should be stripped of their tickets (as they are suppose to be) and let those that actually attend regularly be allowed ot move up. nothing pisses me off more then to see the same seats occupied by different people every single game. You know that the people that own the seats care about the money more then the team. To me that is not right.

Lets not start stripping tickets just yet, yes we should take away the tickets from ticket brokers, but I am a donor also and when you see different peaple in my seats why don't you ask them what they paid. Because of my job and not knowing what saturday's I will have to work sometimes I only get to see a couple of games. I understand what you are saying but many of my tickets have sold right here on this board for face value. I have given tickets to peaple that have never been to a husker game just so they could experience what alot of peaple take for granted. I to sat on that waiting list for years and when I got the chance to buy I scraped up the money and now I save it in the off season. You don't have to be rich to be a husker you just have to have your priority's straight. I will continue to drive my 400 miles one way on sat to watch our huskers play and if I have to give up something out of life to do so then so be it. I would rather have my broke a$$ at the game then money in my pocket sitting at home bitching on my computer. :boxosoap:boxosoap

As someone who hasent lived here for 3 genarations, I have to donate to get tickets. I dont have a problem with this, but I sit next to people that do not give at all. I understand that these people (or there parents) supported the team before we were great, but that was almost 40 years ago. I think the University is missing out on millions. If we are to stay at the very highest levels of play we need to have the money to compete. It gets old hearing people complain that donors get special treatment. I am sorry that I get a 5 dollar pizza party for my donation. Do any of you think the entire stadium should be re sat in order of donation (giving people who dont a chance to give). I know this would make people mad in the short term, but we would raise more money and keep ticket prices at the same level for years to come.

Just to give some stats. Texas is over 105 million, Ohio State over 110 million (tops in NCAA), LSU over 70 million. Also keep in mind that we dont take any University funds, we need to maximize our money to ensure we have a future at the top.

Just my thoughts :madash

That smacks of Bill "Dollar Bill" Bryne talk. What a way to piss more people off other then changing the uniforms or mascott.

Re-seating by donation level would only create animosity. The way seating is handled at Memorial Stadium is what makes it so special. If we change to a donation based seating, it will only piss off those who have had tickets for years, rendering their years of loyal support useless. Man up, pay your dues and serve your time, just like those before you. Just because you have money doesnt mean you deserve better than those who have been coming to the games for 40+ yrs. Consider yourself lucky that you can even get season tickets, there are far more of us wanting to get season tickets than actually have them.

Memorial Stadium serves as a moral compass for those with this kind of backwards thinking. Just because you can come in with your big wallet, doesnt mean you care more about the program than a family that has been coming to games for 25 yrs and has to save up all year just to buy next years tixs. This is Nebraska where you have to earn respect, it isnt given just because you wipe your ass with $20's.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

Lets not start stripping tickets just yet, yes we should take away the tickets from ticket brokers, but I am a donor also and when you see different peaple in my seats why don't you ask them what they paid. Because of my job and not knowing what saturday's I will have to work sometimes I only get to see a couple of games. I understand what you are saying but many of my tickets have sold right here on this board for face value. I have given tickets to peaple that have never been to a husker game just so they could experience what alot of peaple take for granted. I to sat on that waiting list for years and when I got the chance to buy I scraped up the money and now I save it in the off season. You don't have to be rich to be a husker you just have to have your priority's straight. I will continue to drive my 400 miles one way on sat to watch our huskers play and if I have to give up something out of life to do so then so be it. I would rather have my broke a$$ at the game then money in my pocket sitting at home bitching on my computer. :boxosoap:boxosoap

I understand the job aspect as I am the same way. When I am not able to make a game I try to sell/give my tickets to someone who is not able to go regularly, and have donated them as well. And for every person like yourself there is someone who is just as willing to make a buck. The seat owners on one side of me have been to one game in two years. I asked him about it and his reply was quote "Yeah this is the only game im ever going to be able to make it to but i just want to make some money off the seats." It is those people that bother me. There are seats in front of me that have NEVER been used. If they are upgrading their seats when they get in the stadium fine but that still means there are unused seats that could go to people wanting to attend. Sorry to have ranted on this but one thing that I actually liked about Steve P. was that he believed every fan should be able to attend a game. Weed out the money grubers and get the true fans in there.

I understand the job aspect as I am the same way. When I am not able to make a game I try to sell/give my tickets to someone who is not able to go regularly, and have donated them as well. And for every person like yourself there is someone who is just as willing to make a buck. The seat owners on one side of me have been to one game in two years. I asked him about it and his reply was quote "Yeah this is the only game im ever going to be able to make it to but i just want to make some money off the seats." It is those people that bother me. There are seats in front of me that have NEVER been used. If they are upgrading their seats when they get in the stadium fine but that still means there are unused seats that could go to people wanting to attend. Sorry to have ranted on this but one thing that I actually liked about Steve P. was that he believed every fan should be able to attend a game. Weed out the money grubers and get the true fans in there.

Maybe they should stripp all season tickets found on that POS ebay take away their personal gain and things might be different.

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

My family and I love to load up and head to Lincoln for a game. There have been years when we only made it to the Spring game because I ran a golf course and Saturday, every Saturday, was a work day. The last few years have gotten better but its still an expensive weekend with motel rooms, food, drink and any where from two tickets to eight tickets to buy. I'd love to be able to make donations and buy a couple season tickets but with C~Bear starting college next year things are going to be somewhat tight. Basically what it comes down to is if there isn't someone selling their tickets we don't go. As far as I'm concerned if somethings not broke don't F--k with it, and this thing is not broke.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:madash:horns2:madash:bonez

We're caught smack in the middle of this argument... my father-in-law let the family contributions and season tickets just dwindle and go away (starting with 12 seats and yearly contributions enough to be 'gold club' boosters, or something like that - stretching back to the 50's). My wife and I came back to Lincoln to 'start the family' about 15 years ago; but we didn't know about, and were horrified to find out; what 'papa' had done (he just didn't think we were coming home). The new North expansion gave us our chance to get back N... but, honestly, we hate it! We're glad to be in the stadium, but the physical expansion really 'blows'.

Point is, I hate it... but I love it!!! This is MY legacy, and we're always gonna be there. I guess that make us Nebraska!

They did this for KU basketball a couple of years ago, and the backlash was terrible. I know people that have had basketball and football tickets there for 40 years, and they turned them in. Of course, the big money people bought them up, but many, many are hot and cut KU off.

Maybe I'm naive (don't think so) or dumb (don't thimk so), but I think it would be a mistake to sacrifice years of loyalty for a fistful of dollars.

That is what brought us Pederson and Callahan, after all...

Wow, is this a touchy topic. I can see both sides on this one. I would bet that there are fewer big donors over all by a wide margin, than the working stiff who saves up for their purchase of season tickets each season. I get to go to a game each season if I get back during the season, because my buddy was lucky enough to get picked for season tickets after the expansion was completed. He doesn't use them for every game as his daughter and son in law, another close friend and his wife also use them. If this is annoying to some, you have to understand that this may be the only way any of us would get to see them, without paying more than face value for some of the bigger games. He told me last year he could have got $2000.00 for the USC game that we went to together. After the knot hole tickets were done away with in the early 60's most of us got to enjoy the games on the radio or if they were on TV, that's about 20+ of us getting together at one of our houses. I remember sitting in the south bleachers at some of the games, freezing our a$$es of and maybe there were 5 or 6 other people in the bleachers with us. We were all in grade school back than, that was in 60 and 61 when know one seemed to care much, except a few of us. Once they started winning of course, everyone jumped on the band wagon. Once we were forced out so those seats could start bringing in more revenue, it got harder to see the Huskers play, until it became impossible for many of us to get in any more. So rooting in the house or out side if the weather was good enough, became the way we showed our support. I guess what I'm saying is, we are fans know matter how much money we have or our parents had. The big donors and the little guy are what made Husker Nation what it is today. No one seems to care what you have or who you are, when your in the stands rooting for the Huskers.

GBR!!!

Re-seating by donation level would only create animosity. The way seating is handled at Memorial Stadium is what makes it so special. If we change to a donation based seating, it will only piss off those who have had tickets for years, rendering their years of loyal support useless. Man up, pay your dues and serve your time, just like those before you. Just because you have money doesnt mean you deserve better than those who have been coming to the games for 40+ yrs. Consider yourself lucky that you can even get season tickets, there are far more of us wanting to get season tickets than actually have them.

Memorial Stadium serves as a moral compass for those with this kind of backwards thinking. Just because you can come in with your big wallet, doesnt mean you care more about the program than a family that has been coming to games for 25 yrs and has to save up all year just to buy next years tixs. This is Nebraska where you have to earn respect, it isnt given just because you wipe your ass with $20's.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

"Yeah That" saying Memorial stadium is the moral compass for nebraska is just plain stupid. If keeping checking accounts of your long dead grandfather open in order to pay for his tickets, instead of turning them in and getting the donation from someone on the waiting list is not my idea of Nebraksa. If that is the case people from here are greedy, and self centered, not the Nebraska I know, but again the people I respect wipe our asses with $20's. People on this site that think things should never change with football are keeping there head in the sand, lets just turn all of the tickets in a give them out every year based on who is the best fan (with out a doubt everyone here but me because I donate) that way we will be broke and never when a game, the best part is we are halfway there.... At least the stands will be filled with "true" fans

Just so you know I came from nothing. I am not rich, but comfortable. 99% of you would'nt do what I do. I leave my family and friends behind for long periods of time to work in some of the most horrible places on earth, it happens to pay me very well. I dont ask for your respect or to even show any. I have brought up a fair question. People can sit here and talk about "Husker like", while I can watch legacy guys whore out there tickets to the highest bidder. What is fair in that? I choose to give my money to the U. The fact is donations are the second biggest source of money to this program. If your family did something for the U in the past great, but I think the debts from the 60's have been paid in full. It is time to let the next generation into the stands, we understand that it takes a little more than just showing up every week to keep the Huskers great. I have invested in this program, I dont think I am a better person or a bigger fan than a legacy, but the first time we lose a coach because we cant come up with the money, then lets see the cries on this site.

I bet you feel soooo much better that you got that little gem out how you're better than all of us too.

Do you think every person who owns land that has been passed through the generations should forfeit so everyone else can have a chance to buy it? Just wondering comrade.