New Husker Tradition Idea

MidtownJK

That is one of the worst ideas I have every heard, the rest of the country already thinks that all Nebraska is are farms, lets just add another reason for them to think that

Can't say I blame them for thinking that since well...

95% of the state is farms and corn and whatever. Have you ever driven outside of Omaha and looked around?

(of course, 80% of all percentages are made up and 60% of the time people believe those percentages every time.)

But you get my point...

The rest of the country thinks that, because that's exactly what we are...

Doesn't bother me at all. 'Course I growed up in a farm town... I don't know nuttin' 'bout nuttin'. hillbilly.gif

Ya we could plant this huge crop of corn outside of the tunnel walk and when our 'New' tunnel walk music that everybody wants to change since they don't like Sirus anymore, they'll open up those doors and our 2008 Cornhuskers will run out that tunnel through these corns stocks and onto the football field to represent "The Children of the Corn" :sarcasm

I like to eat corn as much as everybody else here but this is the stupidest Idea that I've heard since the changing of the Tunnel Walk Music thread. I much rather have BLUE TURF field like Boise State has then to put corn in the stadium (Which I can't stand the BLUE TURF, freakin ugly).....kindof cheesy to me.

This isn't the worst idea i read on this board. (bringing newspapers to gameday for when herbstreit talked took the cake on that one) Whoever said there isnt enough room inside the stadium is right but having the "field" outside the stadium wouldnt be half bad of an idea. Turn that empty grass field onto the east side of the stadium into a cornfield no problem.

Take out the trees from the batters eye at haymarket and grow a cornfield there. :sarcasm

:koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2: the new icon is TOO cool :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

yeah....I got an idea, lets just plant about 8 or 10 rows of corn in front of the tunnel, so that the players have to come out of the corn to play....film it and put that on the tunnel vision....like in "Field of Dreams". Have Bo step out of the corn, followed by a couple of players, kind of looking around wondering where they are....then the rest of the team rushes out of the tunnel mowing over the corn...

Have Bo step out of the corn, followed by a couple of players, kind of looking around wondering where they are....

Cos and the defensive squad already did that last year...I don't think many people liked it.

If you really want a tradition that represents Nebraska, just water the turf in a big circle in the middle and leave the rest of the grass to wither up and die. THEN it would remind people of Nebraska...

If we wanted to make it more accurate, we should rename ourselves the Soybeanhuskers . . . isn't that what most of the Nebraska farmers grow these days?

Um, no. We are the third largest corn growing state in the nation. We produce over 1 billion bushels of corn. We produce just a fraction of that in soybeans. If you really want to get technical, we should probably change our name to the beefeaters as Nebraska fights with Texas over feeding the most cattle in the nation year in and year out.

Beef state used to be on the license plates if I remember correctly.

Something to do with the grim reaper has it's positives. But I doubt seriously anything will ever change. I kind of like it that way to be honest.

Still proud to be a Cornhusker fan. No shame in it as it is as far as I am concerned.

If we wanted to make it more accurate, we should rename ourselves the Soybeanhuskers . . . isn't that what most of the Nebraska farmers grow these days?

Um, no. We are the third largest corn growing state in the nation. We produce over 1 billion bushels of corn. We produce just a fraction of that in soybeans. If you really want to get technical, we should probably change our name to the beefeaters as Nebraska fights with Texas over feeding the most cattle in the nation year in and year out.

I thought Nebraska was known for Sugar Beets, Illegal Packing Plant Employees and the longest stretch of straight, flat and barren interstate known to mankind....

I thought Nebraska was known for Sugar Beets, Illegal Packing Plant Employees and the longest stretch of straight, flat and barren interstate known to mankind....

LOL, I think the longest stretch of straight flat and barren interstate goes to none other than I70 through Kansas. I don't think there are that many Sugar Beets produced in the state. Most of them are a specialty crop grown in SW Nebraska and the Panhandle. I guess pick your poison on the Illegal Packing Plant Employees. Go to whichever state has the most packing plants and you'll find your answer to who has the most. Kansas or Texas I believe have the largest beef slaughtering capacity, so I'm assuming either one of them own that record.

Elementary school has done me wrong. :(

:P

:rant

who crapped in your cereal bowl this morning Cy? :bs: