Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

Cody Glenn hasn't been a Husker for approximately 170 days. Why on earth are these hundreds of topics devoted to this not in the former huskers forum?

The guy obviously is embarrassed to talk about whatever it is that happened and would prefer to let it go. So he made a dumb mistake and lied about it, thinking maybe he'd get away with it. Nothing is going to happen. Maybe he gets a slap on the wrist from the Redskins, but other than, that... why is this still being discussed? Nothing bad is going to happen to the University or Cody and we will never know what actually happened (for certain).

Now could we talk about Husker Football now?

A ot don't want to admit it but this does affect Husker Football.

I'm sorry but if everything comes out every party including University is not gonna walk away clean from this situation.

I doubt its gonna be anything serious like resignations or probation but its gonna be a pretty big credibility hit.

If the statutory rape story is true, what did the University do improperly?

I really don't care if he had sex with a younger girl (happens all the time) or sold tickets. He was punished by not getting to play an amazing Senior Day game and an amazing bowl game. He seems like a pretty likable guy and I'll be rooting for him with the Skins.

I have to admit it seems fishy that the whole thing was kept so private if it really was selling tickets.

But, it also seems pretty fishy that Bo would lie to someone in the Redskins organization to help Cody. I'm not naive enough to think Bo is some kind of saint, but he doesn't strike me as someone that would go out of his way to tell a bold face lie to someone like that.

So, to me, neither story holds up particularly well.

Yeah..

I feel bad for believing (even remotely) what a poster that doesn't know the difference between "quite" and "quiet" is...Or spells like he copied Tuff Tiger's homework.

But it is sorta strange that if this is all it was..why not go public sooner and head off all the wild speculation?

I'd imagine, if there was any truth to the statutory rape thing, the Redskins were probably more concerned with what could later become publicized..and hurt their image. (Although..being Washington D.C...that might fit in with their image).<_<

Bo wouldn't need to lie to them..just assure them it was taken care of.

Brasky:

I'm sorry if I offended you by pointing out the "quite" thing...I'm told that's a common mistake outside the Nebraska School system....but I can't divuldge my sources :box

I read way too slow to re-read the whole thread, but I don't recall other posters comming down on you because you were saying the reason for the suspension was Statuatory Rape..I think it was more for the way you were saying it..That you knew that to be true.

Now..Unless you are a certain underage girl, or Cody himself..I doubt you can "know" anything.

Before this thread started, I highly suspected the Stat Rape thing was what really happened...I'm neither more nor less convinced of that, now..

I type response fast and never really check for grammar or spelling, its a problem I have and I get called out for it all the time.

Anyways posters immediately came down on me for the stat rape allegation. Multiple people said I should be ashamed of myself, I was called multiple derogatory terms and I believe one poster even said that I should be charged with libel. Truth be told though after some of the things that were said I really wanted to (still do) rub in it some these people's faces. Not because I'm happy about the situation but because I know these people won't man up to what they said. Its easy to talk a big game on these boards and then run and hide when you're proven wrong.

I'm sorry if some of my posts came off as gloating that I know everything or something like that but I'm telling you I wouldn't post something like this unless I knew it was true.

I'm also sorry there is no way for me to physically prove to you any of this happen but I'm telling you this is 100% the truth.

I'd like to know what exactly you'd like to rub in everyone's faces? Last time I checked to my knowledge the only thing we know to be a fact is that Cody lied about selling tickets as the reason for his suspension. I certainly dont recall reading any story where Cody or anyone from the NU athletic department came out and said that Cody was suspended for Statuatory Rape. So until a lot of posters see facts showing Statuatory Rape as the reason for suspension, you are not going to be seeing anyone appoligizing to you. I'm not saying that it isn't a possible reason that he could have been suspended, but I think most agree that it is a pretty severe thing to be throwing around without any proof other than Kenny Wilson says so.

I realize its serious, that's why I stated above I would never post something if I wasn't sure it was true.

Btw Kenny Wilson didn't tell me crap, I made that up so people would stop hounding me about sources. I'm sorry but I'm not gonna throw out my actual sources names.

And now que the posters who are going to say "Brasky admitted he lied about his source he is obviously lying about what happened too".

Sorry folks the story is true, and by looks of things its gonna find its way out soon.

Here is the thing brasky... I understand you not wanting to toss out your sources, but you have to realize that a lot of people aren't going to consider your story ligit until you either A: give a source of your information, or B: a breaking story in the media gives proof to what you say is true. Im not saying its not legit what you are claiming... Im just sayin that you can't get too upset. I am also one of those people that I only believe something when I see it. And for me seeing it means facts when a story breaks. I haven't seen that yet.

Its kind of like the old legal term... Innocent until proven guilty. I haven't seen any proof yet to go out and hang the guy infront of a crowd. I'll give him the benifit of the doubt until I see some facts. If it is found out to be true, then I will form my opinion of him after that.

I think a lot of people just had a bad taste in their mouth because of the way you came out and made your claim without giving a real source or them seeing any facts in the media or elsewhere. Therefore without a source you are going to have a very hard time getting someone to just take your word for it.

This thread is turning into a pis*ing match.

Last chance .....

I'm sorry I just wish some would give me a little benefit of the doubt after cody himself admitted he lied.

Brasky, while I haven't posted on this particular thread yet, I have read all the posts. I will say that I give you the benefit of the doubt, and you are getting a pretty bad rap over what's going on. While I'm not sure if I believe it 100%, nobody has found any evidence that shows you aren't telling the truth.

Yet NOBODY has found ANY evidence to say that he is telling the truth. All he has is his notion that we should just take his word for it, and then we should choose to believe him or not.

My problem about this though is that if somebody has an "inside scoop" on what is going on with the Husker program, I would want them to freely share on the message board without fear of being attacked. If they are lying, we can lay the smack-down all we want. Yes, there are a lot of losers on the message board who post phony information for whatever reason, but there are some good guys (and gals of course) so I'm just saying we should be careful before we pass judgement. That's all :)

You are absolutely right. My biggest problem is that yes, brasky may have the inside scoop, but how can we trust him or his sources if we don't know who they are? All this seems to be is speculation. The evidence says it wasn't tickets but it was a violation of team rules, short of that we have no other cold hard fact about what happened/what was said.

I don't want to pass judgement, I just want people to understand we shouldn't believe what we are told. It's unfair to Glenn and the fan base to speculate.

braskypants . . . I've been there too. I was similarly questioned when I broke the news of Green's injury.

I think if you had come off a little less sure of yourself and a little less arrogant about your sources people then might have reacted better.

Plus it's a touchy subject because in this instance we are talking about fairly serious criminal allegations against a young man...when we really don't know the whole story....well....ANY of the story.

Eh. Don't take anything too personally. It's just a message board.

braskypants . . . I've been there too. I was similarly questioned when I broke the news of Green's injury.

I think if you had come off a little less sure of yourself and a little less arrogant about your sources people then might have reacted better.

Plus it's a touchy subject because in this instance we are talking about fairly serious criminal allegations against a young man...when we really don't know the whole story....well....ANY of the story.

Eh. Don't take anything too personally. It's just a message board.

:yeah

I went back and reread the thread and here is what I found:

These are Brasky's posts:

1st post.

Nope because they are 100% true. The tickets thing was used by athletic department to divert attention away from what really happened.

Come on do expect him to admit to statuary rape? He'd be put in jail. The only reason he was never charged in the first place is because athletic department and the booster dad kept things quite.

I know nobody on here believes this but I'll see which on of you is still talking if/when the real story ever comes out. (INFLAMATORY)

2nd post.

Yes and its laughable how naive so many of you are. (INFLAMATORY)

There not lying to help a kids career, they are lying to save there own asses.

Give me a break if you honestly believe it was just selling tickets. Do you think if it was just tickets this information would have been kept so quite.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but I'll here the day the truth comes out so I can watch you eat a giant plate of crow. (INFLAMATORY)

3rd post.

I've always questioned what they've gained by covering it up but fact of the matter is that they did. I guess they did what they felt was best for Cody. (PERHAPS THE YOUNG LADIES FAMILY REQUESTED THAT THINGS BE KEPT QUIET IN ORDER TO PROTECT HER REPUTATION, OR PERHAPS THERE WAS NO YOUNG LADY.)

Once again I could truely careless who believes me or not.

Great for Cody but he should thanking a terrible parent, Bo and TO (PURE CONJECTURE) that he is not in jail right now.

4th post.

What facts do you have that he sold tickets other the lie that came out of this mouth?

What do the Redskins care, they interview 100s of players, I highly doubt they have to time to dig into everything. They have to take people at there word, if I were the Redskins I'd probably believe him too.

Once again you have to be pretty naive the athletic department kept something as stupid as selling tickets (which is an NCAA violation by the way and would have had to have been reported to the NCAA) quite for so long.

5th post.

Haha NFL scrutiny, give me break. They drug test the kids, they fail and they still draft them.

Cody told them he got caught selling tickets they believed and he got drafted.

6th post.

First off things aren't libelous if they are true. Secondly you might want to get a new "reliable" source.

Listen I've said it from the first post I doubt any of you will believe me because the truth is not something that paints a very position light on University.

7th post.

What proof do you want? A DNA test?

Keeping living in your little naive world.

Call me a troll (THE WORD “TROLL” WHEN USED ON THIS THREAD WAS USED AS A VERB NOT AS A NOUN. WHAT WAS SAID WAS THAT YOU WERE TROLLING FOR COMMENTS FROM OTHER MEMBERS IN AN INFLAMATORY MANNER.) if you want but again I'll be hear laughing when the truth comes out.

8th post.

Kenny Wilson you jackass (THE FIRST NAME CALLING TAKES PLACE) is that good enough for you. I've also had other people with in the program confirm the same thing.

I don't care you if you believe and you can call me troll all you want. Seems like an awful terrible thing with people with such strong ties to program make up.

9th post.

Listen I didn't include names to start with because I knew nobody was gonna believe me anyways so whats the point of throwing peoples name out there.

Ya I get the story sounds made up but I'd like someone out there to explain to me that if it was only selling tickets why in the world was it kept so quite. Something as minor as that would have leaked and in been in the news within weeks.

10th post.

What's a guy supposed to do when your mom raises her prices??

See I can be immature too.

12th post.

I get no satisfaction out of the truth of this story, in fact I was pretty disappointed when I heard it. The only satisfaction I'm gonna get is when all the people that sit here and bash me by calling me names end up with egg on there faces.

13th post.

First I already named one of the sources but again whats the point, I'm just troll liar.. Secondly don't sit here and throw legal terms at me like you have any clue what you are talking about, you just look stupid.

14th post.

You are correct, the name calling was uncalled for. (THIS ISN’T AN APOLOGY AND H B-R STILL DESERVES ONE)

15th post.

So for all those bashing me yesterday and calling me troll, etc will you at least take back all the names you called me.

Once again I still don't expect some of you to believe me but at least give me the benefit of the doubt by admitting my story is sounding alot more plausible than it did at this time yesterday.

16th post.

Because when I'm right about something I'm gonna keep pushing it. I can't make you believe me and I'd probably let it be if it wasn't for all the juvenile comments that get thrown back at me.

Once again I get no satisfaction out of the way this situation was handled but I will get alot of satisfaction watching half of you eat your words.

I have a feeling though when the story finally comes out the same people bashing me will be nowhere to be found.

18th post.

I apologized (NO YOU DIDN'T) to the guy I called a jackass and admitted it was uncalled. I'm stilling waiting for others to admit the same.

20th post.

Give me a break you grilled me more than anyone. What happened to your reliable source who told you it was tickets. My tone wouldn't have been the way it was if it wasn't for people like you. I hope that crow taste terrible. (YOUR TONE WAS INFLAMATORY FROM THE FIRST POST ON.)

I'm sorry if I was a little hard on you yesterday, and yes my source may not be as reliable as I thought but then yours may not be that reliable either. All we really know is that Cody Glenn was suspended from the team foe violating team rules. Oh, and, that he lied to the Washington press about what the infraction was, and that you lied about who your source was.

T_O_B

I went back and reread the thread and here is what I found:

These are Brasky's posts:

1st post.

Nope because they are 100% true. The tickets thing was used by athletic department to divert attention away from what really happened.

Come on do expect him to admit to statuary rape? He'd be put in jail. The only reason he was never charged in the first place is because athletic department and the booster dad kept things quite.

I know nobody on here believes this but I'll see which on of you is still talking if/when the real story ever comes out. (INFLAMATORY)

2nd post.

Yes and its laughable how naive so many of you are. (INFLAMATORY)

There not lying to help a kids career, they are lying to save there own asses.

Give me a break if you honestly believe it was just selling tickets. Do you think if it was just tickets this information would have been kept so quite.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but I'll here the day the truth comes out so I can watch you eat a giant plate of crow. (INFLAMATORY)

3rd post.

I've always questioned what they've gained by covering it up but fact of the matter is that they did. I guess they did what they felt was best for Cody. (PERHAPS THE YOUNG LADIES FAMILY REQUESTED THAT THINGS BE KEPT QUIET IN ORDER TO PROTECT HER REPUTATION, OR PERHAPS THERE WAS NO YOUNG LADY.)

Once again I could truely careless who believes me or not.

Great for Cody but he should thanking a terrible parent, Bo and TO (PURE CONJECTURE) that he is not in jail right now.

4th post.

What facts do you have that he sold tickets other the lie that came out of this mouth?

What do the Redskins care, they interview 100s of players, I highly doubt they have to time to dig into everything. They have to take people at there word, if I were the Redskins I'd probably believe him too.

Once again you have to be pretty naive the athletic department kept something as stupid as selling tickets (which is an NCAA violation by the way and would have had to have been reported to the NCAA) quite for so long.

5th post.

Haha NFL scrutiny, give me break. They drug test the kids, they fail and they still draft them.

Cody told them he got caught selling tickets they believed and he got drafted.

6th post.

First off things aren't libelous if they are true. Secondly you might want to get a new "reliable" source.

Listen I've said it from the first post I doubt any of you will believe me because the truth is not something that paints a very position light on University.

7th post.

What proof do you want? A DNA test?

Keeping living in your little naive world.

Call me a troll (THE WORD “TROLL” WHEN USED ON THIS THREAD WAS USED AS A VERB NOT AS A NOUN. WHAT WAS SAID WAS THAT YOU WERE TROLLING FOR COMMENTS FROM OTHER MEMBERS IN AN INFLAMATORY MANNER.) if you want but again I'll be hear laughing when the truth comes out.

8th post.

Kenny Wilson you jackass (THE FIRST NAME CALLING TAKES PLACE) is that good enough for you. I've also had other people with in the program confirm the same thing.

I don't care you if you believe and you can call me troll all you want. Seems like an awful terrible thing with people with such strong ties to program make up.

9th post.

Listen I didn't include names to start with because I knew nobody was gonna believe me anyways so whats the point of throwing peoples name out there.

Ya I get the story sounds made up but I'd like someone out there to explain to me that if it was only selling tickets why in the world was it kept so quite. Something as minor as that would have leaked and in been in the news within weeks.

10th post.

What's a guy supposed to do when your mom raises her prices??

See I can be immature too.

12th post.

I get no satisfaction out of the truth of this story, in fact I was pretty disappointed when I heard it. The only satisfaction I'm gonna get is when all the people that sit here and bash me by calling me names end up with egg on there faces.

13th post.

First I already named one of the sources but again whats the point, I'm just troll liar.. Secondly don't sit here and throw legal terms at me like you have any clue what you are talking about, you just look stupid.

14th post.

You are correct, the name calling was uncalled for. (THIS ISN’T AN APOLOGY AND H B-R STILL DESERVES ONE)

15th post.

So for all those bashing me yesterday and calling me troll, etc will you at least take back all the names you called me.

Once again I still don't expect some of you to believe me but at least give me the benefit of the doubt by admitting my story is sounding alot more plausible than it did at this time yesterday.

16th post.

Because when I'm right about something I'm gonna keep pushing it. I can't make you believe me and I'd probably let it be if it wasn't for all the juvenile comments that get thrown back at me.

Once again I get no satisfaction out of the way this situation was handled but I will get alot of satisfaction watching half of you eat your words.

I have a feeling though when the story finally comes out the same people bashing me will be nowhere to be found.

18th post.

I apologized (NO YOU DIDN'T) to the guy I called a jackass and admitted it was uncalled. I'm stilling waiting for others to admit the same.

20th post.

Give me a break you grilled me more than anyone. What happened to your reliable source who told you it was tickets. My tone wouldn't have been the way it was if it wasn't for people like you. I hope that crow taste terrible. (YOUR TONE WAS INFLAMATORY FROM THE FIRST POST ON.)

I'm sorry if I was a little hard on you yesterday, and yes my source may not be as reliable as I thought but then yours may not be that reliable either. All we really know is that Cody Glenn was suspended from the team foe violating team rules. Oh, and, that he lied to the Washington press about what the infraction was, and that you lied about who your source was.

T_O_B

Careful TOB, don't throw stones from inside a glass house. Same thing could easily be done with your posts to show how derogatory you were to brasky.

Wow. Throwing Kenny Wilson under the bus to cover your ass. How very Cody Glenn of you.

Can't have it both ways. people were blasting him for not giving a source and when he does he gets blasted for throwing his source under the bus.

This is probably why our athletic dept has said virtually nothing on the matter. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I also reread my posts and I was fairly direct in my questioning of brasky's position but I will stand behind my posts. My wife says I can be rather straight forward and blunt at times and I know that's true, its certainly not my only fault. Again, I apologize braskypants for being straight forward and blunt, they are just two of the faults This Old Bull has.

T_O_B

Oh, I don't know. Only covering up a *serious sexual crime!!!

* Unlike the opinions many of you have expressed, yes this would be a BIG deal if it really was stat. rape. And for those who already cast doubt on the young woman's character ahead of Cody's. You should be ashamed of yourselves, especially about your views on women! <_<

* Unlike the opinions many of you have expressed, yes this would be a BIG deal if it really was stat. rape. And for those who already cast doubt on the young woman's character ahead of Cody's. You should be ashamed of yourselves, especially about your views on women! <_<

There is a great deal of difference between 'rape' and 'statutory rape.' Rape is a crime of violence. Statutory rape is an act committed by two people one of whom is not of legal age. When the elder is a male it is often punished by our legal system. But let's look at it from the opposite side. What if an older female has sex with an underage male? I can hear a lot of father's saying, "Atta boy son."

T_O_B

Wow. Throwing Kenny Wilson under the bus to cover your ass. How very Cody Glenn of you.

Can't have it both ways. people were blasting him for not giving a source and when he does he gets blasted for throwing his source under the bus.

This is probably why our athletic dept has said virtually nothing on the matter. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Uhm.....no. Brasky cited Kenny Wilson as his source. Then he said no, it wasn't Kenny Wilson, he was just trying to get people to leave him alone. Traditionally, telling a lie does not enhance one's credibility. It's also a pretty crappy thing to do to Kenny Wilson.

And if the rumor is true, keep in mind that all parties might prefer to keep this mum to protect the victim as much or more than Cody or UNL.

They do tend to run these actions by lawyers.

There is a great deal of difference between 'rape' and 'statutory rape.' Rape is a crime of violence. Statutory rape is an act committed by two people one of whom is not of legal age. When the elder is a male it is often punished by our legal system. But let's look at it from the opposite side. What if an older female has sex with an underage male? I can hear a lot of father's saying, "Atta boy son."

T_O_B

:yeah

Of course the politicaly correct, couldn't say that even if they were thinking it.

GBR!!!