What does the rest of husker nation feel about this

I think at this point if we were to change O.C.'s we should pursue dana holgorson, or Jason Phillips from Houston. They seem to put teams on the field every year that move the ball on anybody. Just a thought in which i would value the opinion's of others. (sorry watson, but when you're making big six figures you should be finding a way to move the ball with girl scouts) :horns2

I don't know about firing Watson.. he's just been too good everywhere else he has been. But his offensive strategy has just down right been terrible this year.

Personally I think Bo should keep Watson at O.C. but that he needs to bring in somebody with an offensive mind to help run the offense. I think he has given Watson way to much control of the offense and another perspective to go along with his (Watsons) may be beneficial.

There are a lot of teams going with a passing coordinator and a running coordinator on the offensive side of the ball.. I think Bo should strongly consider this because something on our O just isn't right.

I think at this point if we were to change O.C.'s we should pursue dana holgorson, or Jason Phillips from Houston. They seem to put teams on the field every year that move the ball on anybody. Just a thought in which i would value the opinion's of others. (sorry watson, but when you're making big six figures you should be finding a way to move the ball with girl scouts) :horns2

Just my opinion, but I want a physical smash mouth offense to go along with the Blackshirts mentality.

I just think that is the best way to win in the Big 12.

Tough defesne and a tough offense that should be the Nebraska way.

Watson's offense has worked here in the past, but it's not working this season. It's Pelini's second year as head coach with us and he was upfront at the very beginning that this would take a while and there would be hurdles.

Sorry, but removing an OC after one poor season when his previous offenses have been downright dangerous is just insane. Add to it the fact that we lost a fair amount of talent that many of us took for granted (and are now sorely missing) and you will be extremely sorry if we do let Watson go.

Nebraska has never fit in when it comes to football. It has always been our mentality to go against the grain and run whatever the hell we want to run. That should still be our mentality.

Bringing in a pass heavy OC like the one from Houston would not be a good idea because, again, those offenses are all predicated on timing and finesse. Even with Wats as our OC it is obvious we can't recruit the guys who can finesse their way down the field.

We need an offense that can take the best guys we can get and make them successful, and I don't think the Spread is the way for us to go.

Watson's offense has worked here in the past, but it's not working this season. It's Pelini's second year as head coach with us and he was upfront at the very beginning that this would take a while and there would be hurdles.

Sorry, but removing an OC after one poor season when his previous offenses have been downright dangerous is just insane. Add to it the fact that we lost a fair amount of talent that many of us took for granted (and are now sorely missing) and you will be extremely sorry if we do let Watson go.

Um no it hasn't and to keep repeating that like a mantra in every thread does not make it so. Even when everyones all american qb Ganz was the QB and had the duo of Peterson and Swift this offense still struggled to score against the like of Oklahoma and Missou (at home)last year. <_< I will wait for the stadard they were ranked 11 or whatever last year in offense last year response. :sarcasm

If Nebraska just had a top 25 defense this year instead of a top 5 one then this team would have had at least two more losses.

It's funny how most of the yardage Nebraska got was through running the old fashion way.

Agree with only the bolded part.

I think if anybody needs to leave it should be Cotton. Our O-line is the main reason IMO why our offense has struggled. Last year we had Slauson, et al, and the o-line did pretty good.

I agree 100% he baffles me.

How come you can have D-1 talent and do nothing with them??????

Maybe we don't need a new OC...if only Watson would evolve and adapt to a different offense that works with the type of players we can easily recruit then I think he would be just fine. I still believe and always have that we need to have a power running game as our offensive identity. We won't beat out other schools for the top WR's or QB's. But I still think we can get the big run blocking lineman, good RB's/FB's, and good TE's. I am not saying this has to happen this year or the next, because I think we need to just try to win however we can with the guys we have now. Our guys right now are not really made for the all out power game, but that is the direction I think we need to go to...the run game lets you wear down the defense, gives us an identity, should be easier for us to recruit for and teach to the guys, and in the end it should imbed a physical nature to our guys.

So maybe we don't need to get rid of Watson, but he does have a lot of learning he needs to do. Unless he can show he can evolve with his offense, then I would say it is time for him to go...plus I feel Bo needs to say at some point what he wants to do with the offense and then say that to Watson and let him try to accomplish that. Just what I think though.

quote name='HuskerGBR' date='Nov 8 2009, 11:44 AM' post='513364']

Maybe we don't need a new OC...if only Watson would evolve and adapt to a different offense that works with the type of players we can easily recruit then I think he would be just fine. I still believe and always have that we need to have a power running game as our offensive identity. We won't beat out other schools for the top WR's or QB's. But I still think we can get the big run blocking lineman, good RB's/FB's, and good TE's. I am not saying this has to happen this year or the next, because I think we need to just try to win however we can with the guys we have now. Our guys right now are not really made for the all out power game, but that is the direction I think we need to go to...the run game lets you wear down the defense, gives us an identity, should be easier for us to recruit for and teach to the guys, and in the end it should imbed a physical nature to our guys.

So maybe we don't need to get rid of Watson, but he does have a lot of learning he needs to do. Unless he can show he can evolve with his offense, then I would say it is time for him to go...plus I feel Bo needs to say at some point what he wants to do with the offense and then say that to Watson and let him try to accomplish that. Just what I think though.

barney is straight up a barney (sorry for surf lingo)... i remember reading people say he should be the next OC if Watson left... HELLLLL NOO

the guy is a tool... thought a tool who could kick my ass...... i respect him but i think hes too much of an old dog.....

as for watson the dude had us ranked 12th nationaly in total offense last year... he knows what he is doing to an extent... but what i've gathered from my own questions and others maybe isnt the most flexible with what he has to work with...c ant always fit a triangle into a square peg.... but the guy isn't going no where... neither is C. Pelini... which i think is a good thing... stable staff is priceless in college football