Dr Tom--Big 12 exit fee, being full share member of Big 10

I didn't read the article but when I click the link I get this picture

fatkids-311155840_std.jpg?w=300&h=212

Now it may be my lack of patinece but I'm not waiting to see how this kid eating mcdonalds relates to husker football

That kid isn't eating McDonald's. He's promoting it. That's Grimace.

How sick and sad is that picture :(

I believe I would consider this as borderline child neglect. Look as his fat little brother next to him. This kids parents need to sit that boy down and feed him right rather than constant fast food. The poor kid will be 300 pounds by the time HS comes around and be laughed at over and over. Some people need to get a license to be parents.

We won't know officially for awhile. They have stated multiple times that the financial process concerning the big ten network is proprietary, and the details of that arrangement is probably covered by an NDA. They've said we'd be made whole, as well as their conference members. So I don't really think there is anything to worry about on that front.

The conference exit penalties however I'd like to not see us pay them, but as anything dealing with business I'm sure they'll come to an arrangement that is less then the cost of fighting it and agree to that.

Now it may be my lack of patinece but I'm not waiting to see how this kid eating mcdonalds relates to husker football

I believe I would consider this as borderline child neglect. Look as his fat little brother next to him. This kids parents need to sit that boy down and feed him right rather than constant fast food. The poor kid will be 300 pounds by the time HS comes around and be laughed at over and over. Some people need to get a license to be parents.

Well, at least that kid will never feel like the Lone Ranger. Go to any Walmart in the USA and see endless women the size of garages loading up on chips and pizzas.

Well, at least that kid will never feel like the Lone Ranger. Go to any Walmart in the USA and see endless women the size of garages loading up on chips and pizzas.

And doing it while riding a store scooter. <_<

No kidding. As a person that has dealt with weight issues, seeing people do that, and seeing people allow their kids to get to that extreme is very, very sad.

Not saying this isn't true, but Jack Mitchell isn't exactly a trusted source on news like this.

EDIT - not to mention that UNL has been accepted as a full member of the CIC beginning July 1, 2011. It would be surprising that the Big 10 wouldn't bring us in as a fully vested member from the get-go.

As for the fee, while I think there are grounds for Nebraska to pay nothing, I can see us paying a reduced fee just to cut ties and be done with it.

Harvey and Dr. Tom specifically mentioned that we wouldn't receive a full revenue distribution until a "later date", the ESPN\Big Ten contract runs through 2016, so 2017 makes a lot of sense. And they've never said they didn't think that we would have to pay something, they just said it would be innapropriate.

Like Harvey and Tom, I'm not saying that we won't have to pay anything, I'm saying I think there are grounds for Nebraska to pay nothing. And I know what they said about later dates, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete on it. If you find a link, be sure to share. I've been looking for something in print and can't find it.

Only thing i've heard that was semi concrete was this, but it does make sense that the Big Ten would make us a full member once the ESPN deal is redone in 2016-2017.

No kidding. As a person that has dealt with weight issues, seeing people do that, and seeing people allow their kids to get to that extreme is very, very sad.

Why do people let themselves become obese?

Why do people choose to smoke?

Why do people choose to drink and drive?

Why do people choose to be gay?

Why do people decide to be 7 foot tall?

Why do people decide to be midgets?

It's not always a matter of letting yourself become something, genetics and social interactions define it a lot of the time. There are cultures where obesity is valued, and there are families that can't afford, or don't know how to feed their children properly.

What does this have to do with the Big Ten anyway? loltartar.gif

It's not always a matter of letting yourself become something, genetics and social interactions define it a lot of the time. There are cultures where obesity is valued, and there are families that can't afford, or don't know how to feed their children properly.

Whoa whoa whoa I know this is off topic but "why do people choose to smoke" and "why do people decide to be midgets" are NOT the same brand of question...

Whoa whoa whoa I know this is off topic but "why do people choose to smoke" and "why do people decide to be midgets" are NOT the same brand of question...

Pretty sure that was his point.