The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

I don't get where people are seeing Suh "leaning" on Dietrich-Smith. He repeatedly pushed his head into the ground.

I read an article on ESPN I think saying that Dietrich-Smith wasn't letting go of Suh and was in fact pulling him towards the ground. If Suh was trying to get his balance while getting pulled down, it only looked like he was pushing Dietrich-Smith's head into the ground.

Any fan (especially any Badger fan) that comes on here acting as if the Packers were completely innocent in this situation is either completely naive or they're worse homers than any of the Nebraska fans in this thread. The Packers O-Line was baiting Suh all game long - they even said as much after the game. And point, Packers - they got him to commit the foul, and even got him kicked out of the game for taking the bait - but stop with all this high-and-mighty "That's not the way the game is meant to be played" BS.

Who came on here saying the Packers were completely innocent? Not I said this fan...and for the record being a UW and a GB fan are not the same thing. I know plenty of people that are one and not the other.

Oh one last thing, the Packers may not have been completely innocent but there wasn't a penalty was there? The Packers are one of the least penalized teams in the NFL, we play some of the cleanest most respectable football around. Suh and Detroit? meh not so much.

Even if Dietrich was holding Suh explain to me how that is an even halfway reasonable response. It isn't, and his post game comment just proves he has piss poor character. Suspend him.

No no no. Suh doesn't have piss poor character. He's done many things that have shown his good character. Don't crucify him for how he plays and his excuse.

I agree with you that he needs to be suspended. I agree with you that his excuse was pretty piss poor. But he is by no means a terrible person because of what he did.

I wonder...if he would've done that to a Vikings player, would you as upset?

I can only judge a man off of what I see. I didn't go to NU, I don't live in Lincoln and I'm not going to spend my time reading up on every kid that plays CFB, maybe he's a great guy but not from what I've seen.

Suh pledged 2.6 million dollars to the University (to the athletic side and to the academic side) of Nebraska before he was even drafted.

Suh helped fundraise for and donated money to a Detroit high school that had just been burglarized, saving their football program/season.

The worst off the field incident Suh ever had was getting into a car accident after drinking (with his blood-alcohol level well below the legal limit).

Erik Walden of the Packers just got arrested for physically assaulting his girlfriend. Remind me again, who should be getting suspended?

Suh is one of the nastiest, old-school motherf***ers you'll ever see on the football field. But the dude is a straight-up gentleman off the field. Right now he's just got to figure out exactly how much he can be like Lawrence Taylor on the field in this day and age without putting his team in a hole.

• Fire 1

The biggest :facepalm: in this thread is your excessive use of exaggeration.

Agreed. For all the objectivity you're claiming Husker fans lack here, Badger, you're not exactly the picture of objectivity yourself.

1. Blah

2. Blah

3. Blah

4. Blah

You're calling out others for being inobjective, while doing so yourself. It's the hypocrisy that I'm talking about.

I don't get where people are seeing Suh "leaning" on Dietrich-Smith. He repeatedly pushed his head into the ground.

I read an article on ESPN I think saying that Dietrich-Smith wasn't letting go of Suh and was in fact pulling him towards the ground. If Suh was trying to get his balance while getting pulled down, it only looked like he was pushing Dietrich-Smith's head into the ground.

Any fan (especially any Badger fan) that comes on here acting as if the Packers were completely innocent in this situation is either completely naive or they're worse homers than any of the Nebraska fans in this thread. The Packers O-Line was baiting Suh all game long - they even said as much after the game. And point, Packers - they got him to commit the foul, and even got him kicked out of the game for taking the bait - but stop with all this high-and-mighty "That's not the way the game is meant to be played" BS.

Who came on here saying the Packers were completely innocent? Not I said this fan...and for the record being a UW and a GB fan are not the same thing. I know plenty of people that are one and not the other.

Oh one last thing, the Packers may not have been completely innocent but there wasn't a penalty was there? The Packers are one of the least penalized teams in the NFL, we play some of the cleanest most respectable football around. Suh and Detroit? meh not so much.

Even if Dietrich was holding Suh explain to me how that is an even halfway reasonable response. It isn't, and his post game comment just proves he has piss poor character. Suspend him.

No no no. Suh doesn't have piss poor character. He's done many things that have shown his good character. Don't crucify him for how he plays and his excuse.

I agree with you that he needs to be suspended. I agree with you that his excuse was pretty piss poor. But he is by no means a terrible person because of what he did.

I can only judge a man off of what I see. I didn't go to NU, I don't live in Lincoln and I'm not going to spend my time reading up on every kid that plays CFB, maybe he's a great guy but not from what I've seen.

Suh pledged 2.6 million dollars to the University (to the athletic side and to the academic side) of Nebraska before he was even drafted.

Suh helped fundraise for and donated money to a Detroit high school that had just been burglarized, saving their football program/season.

The worst off the field incident Suh ever had was getting into a car accident after drinking (with his blood-alcohol level well below the legal limit).

Erik Walden of the Packers just got arrested for physically assaulting his girlfriend. Remind me again, who should be getting suspended?

Suh is one of the nastiest, old-school motherf***ers you'll ever see on the football field. But the dude is a straight-up gentleman off the field. Right now he's just got to figure out exactly how much he can be like Lawrence Taylor on the field without putting his team in a hole.

Well that's very nice. Those pursuits are all quite admirable but on a personal level he doesn't sound like someone with whom I'd like to associate, just from his demeanor and inability to own his actions.

As far as Walden is concerned, he should not be suspended. If the charges prove to have merit he should be removed from the league and dealt with by the proper legal authorities. So let me be clear, not suspended from the league but suspended from the free world. Beating someone to the point of hospitalization should lead to imprisonment.

What were you expecting me to say? I have very little tolerance for poor behavior on or off the field. I don't make exceptions simply because they're Packers, which Walden has barely been for a year...oh and what does he have to do with Suh anyway? Did they party together or something? Was Suh there when Walden was arrested? If so than Suh is even worse than I thought, what a horrible man to be involved in such violence...if he wasn't I have to ask why you brought it up in a thread about neither domestic abuse or the Green Bay Packers but about Ndamukong Suh.

The biggest :facepalm: in this thread is your excessive use of exaggeration.

Agreed. For all the objectivity you're claiming Husker fans lack here, Badger, you're not exactly the picture of objectivity yourself.

1. Blah

2. Blah

3. Blah

4. Blah

You're calling out others for being inobjective, while doing so yourself. It's the hypocrisy that I'm talking about.

...and with that I think I'm done here.

Suh is one of the nastiest, old-school motherf***ers you'll ever see on the football field. But the dude is a straight-up gentleman off the field. Right now he's just got to figure out exactly how much he can be like Lawrence Taylor on the field without putting his team in a hole.

Well that's very nice. Those pursuits are all quite admirable but on a personal level he doesn't sound like someone with whom I'd like to associate, just from his demeanor and inability to own his actions.

As far as Walden is concerned, he should not be suspended. If the charges prove to have merit he should be removed from the league and dealt with by the proper legal authorities. So let me be clear, not suspended from the league but suspended from the free world. Beating someone to the point of hospitalization should lead to imprisonment.

What were you expecting me to say? I have very little tolerance for poor behavior on or off the field. I don't make exceptions simply because they're Packers, which Walden has barely been for a year...oh and what does he have to do with Suh anyway? Did they party together or something? Was Suh there when Walden was arrested? If so than Suh is even worse than I thought, what a horrible man to be involved in such violence...if he wasn't I have to ask why you brought it up in a thread about neither domestic abuse or the Green Bay Packers but about Ndamukong Suh.

I brought up Walden to add some perspective. Lots of talk in this thread (some of it from Packer fans) about what a bad guy Suh is, when basically he got into a fight in a football game. A few posts up, you talked about how the Packers play some of the "cleanest, most respectable football" in the league, even when they were involved with several fights in the Lions game as well, including the Suh incident.

You can keep saying that Ndamukong Suh is a bad guy off the field, or someone you wouldn't like to "associate" with, but this is Husker forum and we've all known about the guy for much longer than you, and you have no off-the-field incidents to come close to backing up your claim that he's a sub-par guy.

I mean, I thought the kick was over the line, and I thought the ejection was fair. Maybe a suspension would be too. But I'm not going overboard condemning the guy's character, and apparently for that reason I'm not being "objective." And I generally like you Badgerfan, but as a Packer fan coming onto a Husker board to tell us that we're not being objective by not condemning one of our own when he's shown nothing but tremendous character off the field, you're coming off as a bit ridiculous.

Look man, you seem like a stand up guy on here. But your on a Husker board talking about this while were pointing out that. Yes he did bad, did others on the packer team do bad as well. What Suh did is on Suh, but you were trying to spin the idea that the Packers were angels when clearly they arent. The lions are playing like the Raiders of yesteryears. Is it good, is it bad. It depends on where your looking at it. Either way, both Suh and the other rPacker player have some explaning to do.

I can only judge a man off of what I see. I didn't go to NU, I don't live in Lincoln and I'm not going to spend my time reading up on every kid that plays CFB, maybe he's a great guy but not from what I've seen. Had he done what he did on the field, came out and said "I got frustrated, I snapped and I shouldn't have done it" I'd have much less of a problem with him, I'd still think he played dirty but I wouldn't think he was a dirty as a person...unfortunately he didn't man up, he completely bitched out in that comment. I have very little respect for him now.

Interesting question about the Vikings. I think I would be just as outraged because its bad for football and just a sh**ty thing to do. Would I argue as much about it on HB? Probably not.

I just want to say I find it interesting how much my posts have stirred people up. I simply described the incident how I saw it, what I thought of Suh and what I thought should happen to him. I wasn't demeaning to anyone or to NU, can't say the same about some HB posters around here. Kind of like the Iowa-Gameday thread, when people flipped sh#t after I kindly pointed out that several games have a claim to the "Game of the Century" moniker. People around here sometimes...I'm telling ya... :facepalm:. Not everything is personal, not everything I say is because I'm a UW-GB homer, sometimes, just sometimes I'd like to talk about Football objectively in a friendly manner. I guess that's too much to ask of some people.

I hate the packers, i hate them with every fiber of my body. I hate them more then my rich, petty inlaws. I loathe Brett Farve for only the fact that he played there. I loathe there stadium and there chest thumping fan base. There the Ohio St of the NFL. But that still doesnt mean what Suh did should at all be remotely ok. You dont violently drive one foot down to get your balance. He was pissed and caught up in the moment. Maybe he was just stomping because he was pissed and he didnt realize his arm was there, fine but just admit it. Admit you made a mistake and your actions will be looked at with alittle less scrutiny then someone throwing a fit.

Lol you hate Lambeau? That's a new one...

• Fire 1

What the f#*k is this sh#t

New York Jets guard Matt Slauson played with controversial Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh in college, but he is no fan of his former teammate.

"He was well-respected for his ability, but everybody kind of knew who he was," Slauson said. "He wasn't well-liked."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Former-teammate-Matt-Slauson-blasts-Detroit-Lions-star-Ndamukong-Suh-112511

What the f#*k is this sh#t

New York Jets guard Matt Slauson played with controversial Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh in college, but he is no fan of his former teammate.

"He was well-respected for his ability, but everybody kind of knew who he was," Slauson said. "He wasn't well-liked."

http://msn.foxsports...kong-Suh-112511

I wish these idiots would quit talking sh#t about their Husker teammates.

"There's a lot of people in Nebraska that aren't very pleased right now," Slauson said. "The University of Nebraska has always prided itself on producing high-character guys, and [he isn't one of them]."

I prefer Suh to Slauson right now...

• Fire 1