ISU Game tonight - Huskers watching?

DaveH

Last night on the news Callahan said the guys will have today and tomorrow off practice. He also said "they" would be watching the ISU game tonight. It wasn't clear if they were all getting together as a team to watch the game? Anyone have any more info on this?

What time is the game? I need to get my bowling and drinking done before the game :) Friday night bowling leagues are teh win.

Well, I must apologize for some of my disparaging comments earlier in the week. I'm not so sure if Nebraska is really as out of this next game as I previously thought. Iowa State versus Army was one of the most lukewarm football game performances I have seen by either side in quite some time. This means that our mediocrity will clash and I think our far superior defense will make the difference in the game next week, and I think we will be able to pull out of this winners in the end. Here is looking at 4-0 for the beginning of the season!

Well, this figures... :rolleyes:

I don't mean to rain on a parade, but this smells SO much like looking toward NU, it isn't even funny.

Not to mention those two INT's that were VERY lucky AGAINST ISU.

I just hope the Huskers aren't perceiving this the same way my buddies and this board seems to be.

I like our 'D' vs. these guys, but I also think we've seriously got our work cut out for us.

And I still think our offense has to at least double their output to run with ISU.

Is ISU beatable in Lincoln? Yes.

Will it take a HUGE improvement by the offense, another STELLAR effort by the 'shirts', and the crowd completely riled up? Yes.

I for one was hoping for a huge win by the clones. This close win is very dangerous for the Huskers, if you ask me.

But let's get'er done, Big Red!!! :thumbs

Iowa St. looked horrible against Army. I mean, this Army team isn't a slouch but, they certainly shouldn't have hung around. The holes Army created in ISU's D-line was amazing... and they look to have about 0 speed on defense. I don't want to get too optimistic here but, this looks like the making of a breakout for our team. Ross, Glenn and Lucky should be able to tear apart their D. I think we should let Lucky run a lot, because of his speed and the way he can cut.

Here are my main points.. take them for what you'd like. (it is 1:30am)

Meyer: 18/26 passing for 158yds with 2TD, 3INT (we should be able to disrupt the passing game pretty good with the way we've been able to rush the passer)

Rushing: 32 carries for 71 yards for 2.2yds/carry (blackshirts should have no trouble here.. our D-line is nasty)

3rd Downs: ISU was 3-11 (blackshirts haven't given up much on 3rd down.. look for ISU to be stalling on offense)

Sacks: Meyer was sacked 4 times for 25 yards (blackshirts should be able to beat that right?)

Posession: ISU 26:36 - ARMY: 33:24 (their offense was stalling out alot, and reflects their poor rushing defense)

To sum it up, ISU looks bad. I said they were overrated when they beat what I called an overrated Iowa team. Folks, this Army team is not this good. ISU made them look very good, they lost by 10points to Baylor at home. Okay okay, some are saying that ISU will be geared up for payback time, to show they're better than what they showed in the army game. I don't think so.. if they lost, I'd say ya probably.. but I think they're more relieved that anything right now. They will probably show some improvement when we play them next week.

Here is my final say on why we beat ISU next week:

The blackshirts will shut them down, and their offense will sputter. Ross & co. will tear up their defense. (If you have a bad run defense, you have a bad run defense.. you can't improve much in 1 week).

I may be wrong, though I really hope I'm not. But one thing you guys will learn about me is, I will say what I think when I think it, but I'll be the first to own up to it if I'm wrong.

Here's hoping for a great week of practice, and hopefully McKeon learns all their plays before the game.

NU: 29

ISU: 6

Yeah if Meyer throws 3 interceptions against Army we can only hope for a similar performance against our blackshirts :blink:

Nice to see you didn't watch the game. If you did, you'd know that 2 of those INT's were COMPLETE flukes. He11, I think one of them made Sportcenter's top 10 plays of the day.

Look, I'm not trying to boost ISU to the ranks of a BCS team...I don't think that they are. They should have handled Army big time. But this was a televised night home game for Army, they said it hadn't happened in quite some time. They were VERY excited and pumped up. Let's not forget that this is a service academy, a program that must feel like they can't embarrass themselves with many of their fellow servicemen fighting for our country. Army had everything to play for, ISU really didn't, except come out with a win. And they had to do it without Hicks for most of the game.

The ONLY advantage NU has, in my mind, is that ISU WILL struggle somewhat on the road. They always have. And I truly think the Blackshirts will perform well next week.

But to laugh at the 3 INT's, and ISU's offensive struggles on the road...well, the NU offense hasn't even went on the road, can't do diddly squat at home, so it is WAY too premature to start chalking up the 4-0 on the Husker side of it.

My feel is, a good offensive game plan will win this game for NU. If we run ANYTHING like the previous 3 games, sans the Glenn plays, the 2nd quarter of the Pitt game (add Jackson, minus Stuntz) it will be close or we will lose. I'm putting this one SQUARE on the shoulders of the coaching staff. This is a winnable game if we do it right. GBR.

NU: 29

ISU: 6

one can only hope.

i figured ISU would have walked all over Army. heck, everyone else has these past few years.

if Nebraska can actually, y'know LINE-UP AND NOT GET CALLED ON PROCEDURE, the huskers may have a shot.

and taking candy away from clones is always fun.

*always*.

Nice to see you didn't watch the game. If you did, you'd know that 2 of those INT's were COMPLETE flukes. He11, I think one of them made Sportcenter's top 10 plays of the day.

Yeah Sorry about that! I am still working. Not that I would watch two pathetic teams play football anyway. Army isnt that good regardless of what you might think. They are better than most teams in the past but they are a military academy team therefore going nowhere.

Well regardless, if our D shows up and plays to potential we should be able to pressure the QB just like Palko. Indeed our offense needs a breakout but even if we just run and pound the ball that will keep our D fresh. It may be ugly but as long as we win who cares. :smokin

Army handed that game over to ISU. Barney Ball doesn't look any better then Nebraska's offense. They scored all there points against Iowa off turnovers and that crappy INT by the Army QB cost them the game. People are giving ISU way to much credit when they haven't earned it. Don't give me the ISU didn't have anything to play for line. That's crap. They have a ntional ranking and need to prove that they are worth it. The truth is they went out and SHOULD have lost to a team that won 2 games last year and 0 the year before. A team that also lost to Baylor. If this would have been NU people on here would be yelling and screaming. ISU does it and there is excuse after excuse why they struggled. Come on folks.

Army handed that game over to ISU. Barney Ball doesn't look any better then Nebraska's offense. They scored all there points against Iowa off turnovers and that crappy INT by the Army QB cost them the game. People are giving ISU way to much credit when they haven't earned it. Don't give me the ISU didn't have anything to play for line. That's crap. They have a ntional ranking and need to prove that they are worth it. The truth is they went out and SHOULD have lost to a team that won 2 games last year and 0 the year before. A team that also lost to Baylor. If this would have been NU people on here would be yelling and screaming. ISU does it and there is excuse after excuse why they struggled. Come on folks.

:yeah