Big Ten Network-Will they show any of the old NU games?

ladyhawke

Look you two, offseason just began, and we're already getting into message board scrapes.

Let me leave it at this: while ESPN Classic may show the occasional NU win, they sure do show a f*** ton of losses for one of the top five programs in college football history with the most wins.

Don't you think there's something wrong with that?

That was the original point. It's a valid, and undeniable fact. Yet, somehow we're crazy tinfoil hat wearers believing in "myths."

Look you two, offseason just began, and we're already getting into message board scrapes.

Let me leave it at this: while ESPN Classic may show the occasional NU win, they sure do show a f*** ton of losses for one of the top five programs in college football history with the most wins.

That was the original point. It's a valid, and undeniable fact. Yet, somehow we're crazy tinfoil hat wearers believing in "myths."

It's an opinion, not a fact, and whether it's valid is debatable. I didn't and don't have a problem with replays of ANY Husker games.

Every fanbase thinks the media is against them. I'm sure there's a thread on a Florida message board talking about how often ESPN shows the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, and how they always screw UF.

It's an opinion, not a fact, and whether it's valid is debatable. I didn't and don't have a problem with replays of ANY Husker games.

Every fanbase thinks the media is against them. I'm sure there's a thread on a Florida message board talking about how often ESPN shows the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, and how they always screw UF.

It's a fact that the majority of games shown are NU losses. It was also a fact that quite a few of those contained blowout losses. There are no blowout NU wins.

NU Wins

'95 Miami 24-17

'97 Mizzou 45-38

'71 Oklahoma 35-31 (GOTC)

2005 Michigan 32-28

NU Losses

'84 Miami 30-31

'86 Oklahoma 17-20

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'93 FSU 16-18

'96 ASU 0-19

'96 Texas 27-37

'98 Texas 16-20

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'02 Ole Miss 23-27

'05 Oklahoma 24-31

'06 Texas 20-22

'07 Texas 25-28

'08 Oklahoma 28-62 (REALLY???)

'09 Texas 12-13

Recordings that I've pulled from my DVR in the last 18 months, only from ESPN classic.

• Fire 1

It's a fact that the majority of games shown are NU losses. It was also a fact that quite a few of those contained blowout losses. There are no blowout NU wins.

NU Wins

'95 Miami 24-17

'97 Mizzou 45-38

2005 Michigan 32-28

NU Losses

'84 Miami 30-31

'86 Oklahoma 17-20

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'93 FSU 16-18

'96 ASU 0-19

'96 Texas 27-37

'98 Texas 16-20

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'02 Ole Miss 23-27

'05 Oklahoma 24-31

'06 Texas 20-22

'07 Texas 25-28

'09 Texas 12-13

Recordings that I've pulled from my DVR in the last 18 months, only from ESPN classic.

That's a good list and lends a lot of weight to your point, but there's really no way to tell if those were the only Husker games shown unless somebody has the actual ESPN programming schedule.

But we're just arguing semantics really. Is your point merely that ESPN Classic showed more Husker losses, which given all the data could be proved or disproved, or is it that ESPN is biased against the Huskers, which is how I'm reading a lot of the comments (not just yours) in this thread?

NU Wins

'95 Miami 24-17

'97 Mizzou 45-38

2005 Michigan 32-28

NU Losses

'84 Miami 30-31

'86 Oklahoma 17-20

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'93 FSU 16-18

'96 ASU 0-19

'96 Texas 27-37

'98 Texas 16-20

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'02 Ole Miss 23-27

'05 Oklahoma 24-31

'06 Texas 20-22

'07 Texas 25-28

'09 Texas 12-13

That's a good list and lends a lot of weight to your point, but there's really no way to tell if those were the only Husker games shown unless somebody has the actual ESPN programming schedule.

But we're just arguing semantics really. Is your point merely that ESPN Classic showed more Husker losses, which given all the data could be proved or disproved, or is it that ESPN is biased against the Huskers, which is how I'm reading a lot of the comments (not just yours) in this thread?

It's a list of every game that was recorded by my DVR since 1/1/10. I have it set to automatically record anything containing "Nebraska Football."

Do I think ESPN is biased against, NU, I would say no. They bandwagon on winners or who they have money invested in (like the Big 10 & SEC). My point is that they show a inordinate amount of losses compared to wins.

NU Wins

'95 Miami 24-17

'97 Mizzou 45-38

2005 Michigan 32-28

NU Losses

'84 Miami 30-31

'86 Oklahoma 17-20

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'93 FSU 16-18

'96 ASU 0-19

'96 Texas 27-37

'98 Texas 16-20

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'02 Ole Miss 23-27

'05 Oklahoma 24-31

'06 Texas 20-22

'07 Texas 25-28

'09 Texas 12-13

It's a list of every game that was recorded by my DVR since 1/1/10. I have it set to automatically record anything containing "Nebraska Football."

Do I think ESPN is biased against, NU, I would say no. They bandwagon on winners or who they have money invested in (like the Big 10 & SEC). My point is that they show a inordinate amount of losses compared to wins.

Everybody knows Missouri broadcasting and journalism grads are all over ESPN. If you consider that, it makes perfect sense! :LOLtartar

NU Wins

'95 Miami 24-17

'97 Mizzou 45-38

2005 Michigan 32-28

NU Losses

'84 Miami 30-31

'86 Oklahoma 17-20

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'93 FSU 16-18

'96 ASU 0-19

'96 Texas 27-37

'98 Texas 16-20

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'02 Ole Miss 23-27

'05 Oklahoma 24-31

'06 Texas 20-22

'07 Texas 25-28

'09 Texas 12-13

Everybody knows Missouri broadcasting and journalism grads are all over ESPN. If you consider that, it makes perfect sense! :LOLtartar

You missed Nebraska losing to UCLA a la Troy Aikman that was on last year. I guess your list isn't all-inclusive. The hilarious part about your system of measurement is it detracts when it only shows the Missouri game once but gives no credit for how many times the wins are actually shown. Not to mention, how many teams get their own game of the century special broadcast with fanfare and all that crap? ESPNC shows a lot of flash in the pan games that are relevant for other programs, they also love to showcase exceptional quarterbacks. What better way to show off a QB's talent than shredding the legendary blackshirts? Seriously, how does that not make sense to you? Beating a top 5 wins program is a big deal. Of course that makes the game a classic because few teams won more than Nebraska and the stats prove it. There's nothing sinister about the fact that, as you said, they apparently can't show one of Nebraska's biggest triumphs stomping the gators, so the repeatedly show what they do have. Not to mention the sun doesn't rise and set on Husker football. It's not about showing Nebraska losing it's about showing the other team winning. When you're on top it's a big deal when you get brought down.

Cliffs notes: beating Nebraska or dismantling the blackshirts (who else than the defensive unit that has its own name?) = classic. A lot of teams tried for a very long time, very few succeeded.

By the way, you're a tinfoil hat wearer because your system of measurement is stupid for the reasons I already mentioned. Sorry I missed that gem the first time.

There's no bias, i'd think they were unaware of it actually. though knowing Husker fans I'm sure ESPN was made aware of it in the form of several million emails.

I think the reason they don't show, say, 97 vs Tenn or 95 vs Florida is becasue those games were on CBS. I don't know for certain but I would assume ESPN may not have the rights to 1990s CBS games. 94 vs Miami was on NBC. since NBC is all Notre Dame now maybe they were more leniant with the broadcast rights. All just guessing on my part.

Nearly all of our decent regular season televised games were on ABC of course. so plenty for ESPN to chose from there.

As for Big 10 Network. They seem to be geared towards a Nebraska love-fest as we join the league (don't think that will last, so we should enjoy it!). so maybe they will dig up our SEC wins. chuckleshuffle

what could be more endearing to big 10 fans than that?

NU Wins

'95 Miami 24-17

'97 Mizzou 45-38

2005 Michigan 32-28

NU Losses

'84 Miami 30-31

'86 Oklahoma 17-20

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'93 FSU 16-18

'96 ASU 0-19

'96 Texas 27-37

'98 Texas 16-20

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'02 Ole Miss 23-27

'05 Oklahoma 24-31

'06 Texas 20-22

'07 Texas 25-28

'09 Texas 12-13

You missed Nebraska losing to UCLA a la Troy Aikman that was on last year. I guess your list isn't all-inclusive. The hilarious part about your system of measurement is it detracts when it only shows the Missouri game once but gives no credit for how many times the wins are actually shown. Not to mention, how many teams get their own game of the century special broadcast with fanfare and all that crap? ESPNC shows a lot of flash in the pan games that are relevant for other programs, they also love to showcase exceptional quarterbacks. What better way to show off a QB's talent than shredding the legendary blackshirts? Seriously, how does that not make sense to you? Beating a top 5 wins program is a big deal. Of course that makes the game a classic because few teams won more than Nebraska and the stats prove it. There's nothing sinister about the fact that, as you said, they apparently can't show one of Nebraska's biggest triumphs stomping the gators, so the repeatedly show what they do have. Not to mention the sun doesn't rise and set on Husker football. It's not about showing Nebraska losing it's about showing the other team winning. When you're on top it's a big deal when you get brought down.

Cliffs notes: beating Nebraska or dismantling the blackshirts (who else than the defensive unit that has its own name?) = classic. A lot of teams tried for a very long time, very few succeeded.

By the way, you're a tinfoil hat wearer because your system of measurement is stupid for the reasons I already mentioned. Sorry I missed that gem the first time.

Hey champ, you should really look at who you're responding to before you hit the submit button. I'm not saunders.

We have airtime, one way or the other. The stat i wanna see is how many appearances do various schools make on those ESPN classic broadcasts. I wonder if one could make the argument the reason many 'classic' Nebraska game WINS are not played, rather than the losses, is simply because in others eyes complete domination does not make a classic, or something like that...make any sense? Who besides us wants to see Florida wiped out by 40 over and over again? A couple schools? Maybe its more of a compliment that so many classic games with Nebraska losing are shown. Its not too hard to think. If Im some random NBA player from the 90's, I have pictures on my wall of me shooting on MJ. Not Penny Hardaway.

and as a response to the ladyhawke post(s): that is the very game that defines nebraska football for me, no matter that it was a loss. thats the game i'd show someone that had never seen nebraska football before, just because of the talk it would open up after it. i watch it every time i see it is on, and i sit on the edge of my seat every time at the end. thats one, among many, I thank ESPN for playing all the time. who cares its a loss...its nebraska never give up, never surrender, ill fight to the end attitude in full display. even the best gunslingers caught one eventually.

NU Wins

'95 Miami 24-17

'97 Mizzou 45-38

2005 Michigan 32-28

NU Losses

'84 Miami 30-31

'86 Oklahoma 17-20

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'93 FSU 16-18

'96 ASU 0-19

'96 Texas 27-37

'98 Texas 16-20

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'02 Ole Miss 23-27

'05 Oklahoma 24-31

'06 Texas 20-22

'07 Texas 25-28

'09 Texas 12-13

So my DVR missed one game, whoopty freakin doo. That doesn't change the fact that that it is still a 3:1 ratio. I simply showed all the games that were broadcast, (which is a huge difference). I also doubt they showed each of the wins 4 times for every time they showed a loss to even it out. You claim that my "system of measurement" is broken because is doesn't take into account the amount of times each win is shown. Well, I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't show how many times each loss is shown either. My point still stands. Oh, and the '84 OB against Miami is on like every other week.

No need to get all butthurt because I showed that your "myth" statement was bullsh#t. My "system of measurement" is fine, you just don't like being wrong. Once again, show me a blowout NU win? Oh wait, you can't.

Yea and the fact that ESPN shows some of the games we win 3x per year makes the sentiment that ESPN doesn't show games because we play well bullsh#t. 3:1! Except for the fact that they show the same game we win multiple times a year (by your own admission) means that, your theory is bullsh#t. But please, I was just tryng to save you from wallowing in a sea of your own malcontent. By all means, keep drowning.

Revisionist history, hah. My bad for trying to stop you from believing what you want to.

By the way, I have a recording of the '98 orange bowl vs Tennessee from last year. Could you get your godly DVR to remind me which channel it was on? Knowning you, you'll probably disappear. "I missed one, big deal," that's what I said, oh great reviser of history.

If you knew I wasn't talking to you, why did you bother, champ? Come on now, really.

You're insinuating you wouldn't have said anything if you had been me which I highly doubt.

Now that it's cleared up, you two can resume you're bickering.