Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 7/24/2022 at 4:45 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He was a bad guy in "Scott Pilgrim vs the World"

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Also a bad guy in 

Hide contents

Knives Out

Hmm, it didn’t even occur to me that he was in Knives Out when I watched it. I usually pick up on those things.  I haven’t seen Scott Pilgrim…

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hmm, it didn’t even occur to me that he was in Knives Out when I watched it. I usually pick up on those things.  I haven’t seen Scott Pilgrim…

its different.  but it had some funny parts in it.  came out in 2010.  they kinda tried to make it have a Sin City Vibe in some scenes or maybe an Anime type feel but for teens/20 somethings.  Hard to explain

2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

its different.  but it had some funny parts in it.  came out in 2010.  they kinda tried to make it have a Sin City Vibe in some scenes or maybe an Anime type feel but for teens/20 somethings.  Hard to explain

Yup, Scott Pilgrim is an interesting watch.  It's has an anima/magna almost Street Fighter like quality to it.  It's a fun watch with a really solid cast.  Edgar Wright directed it and he's the same guy who did Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead/World's End.  He also did Baby Driver which kicks a$$.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Yup, Scott Pilgrim is an interesting watch.  It's has an anima/magna almost Street Fighter like quality to it.  It's a fun watch with a really solid cast.  Edgar Wright directed it and he's the same guy who did Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead/World's End.  He also did Baby Driver which kicks a$$.

Yes very video game esque with the collection of coins after battle.  

• Plus1 1

Way late to the party with this one but From The Earth To The Moon, 1998 HBO docudrama series, is excellent if you haven't seen it yet.  I believe it came out a few years after the Apollo 13 movie. Touches on the Mercury and Gemini programs but is primarily about Apollo.  It is available on HBO Max/HBO.

Sorry if you've already seen it :ph34r: but well worth it if you haven't.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Not the ending I was expecting in BCS and honestly the last 4 episodes kind of waned some for me.   All in all though I loved BCS.  Sucks that it's over...  Til' the next rewatch... :cheers

I agree about the 2 or 3 episodes heading into the finale. They were sort of all over the place. But I thought they did very good wrapping it up. Jimmy found some peace yet didn’t get away with his misdeeds.

Thirteen Lives on Prime is worth the watch. True story about that Thai soccer team that got stuck in the cave due to floodwaters.  Directed by Ron Howard and starring Viggo Mortensen and Colin Farrel. Guess I never understood how much of a miracle it really was that they made it out alive.

7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Thirteen Lives on Prime is worth the watch. True story about that Thai soccer team that got stuck in the cave due to floodwaters.  Directed by Ron Howard and starring Viggo Mortensen and Colin Farrel. Guess I never understood how much of a miracle it really was that they made it out alive.

Thanks for spoiling the ending.  ;)

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Ha. Figured everybody knew how things ended since it was only 4 years ago. Although TBH I couldn’t remember. :lol:

Moron!  What's next...Are you going to tell us Romeo and Juliet DON'T live happily ever after???

I know it is only 400 years old but I have not finished it yet.

• Haha 1