If Nebraska wore Nike Pro Combat gear

knapplc

So did we lose tradition when we went to these

1428086_display_image.jpg?1298867968

I bow down to your 'subtle change is good' sir or madam, whatever the case may be :) What year were those uniforms used?

2002. And I was probably one of few that liked these. Especially the red ones.

I'm just going to add that if push comes to shove and we decide to wear a "pro combat" or whatever adidas' version would be called for 1 game a year or every other year, I would say "fine." But that uniform better be something stylish and classy, sort of within the confines of traditional. The unis in the OP are garbage, high-school photoshop class nonsense. They are all awful.

For example, here is Alabama's Pro Combat from a couple years ago:

alabama.jpg

This is fine.

A corn helmet is just stupid and juvenile.

Agree. I would be one for a black jersey or something along those lines, though.

I'm just going to add that if push comes to shove and we decide to wear a "pro combat" or whatever adidas' version would be called for 1 game a year or every other year, I would say "fine." But that uniform better be something stylish and classy, sort of within the confines of traditional. The unis in the OP are garbage, high-school photoshop class nonsense. They are all awful.

alabama.jpg

This is fine.

That is the same uniform Alabama wears regularly -- it won't sell more jerseys for adidas, which is half the reason for having a cool alternate (the other being recruiting).

Every school and their sister has a black helmet variant. Big Deal.

If you are gonna go, go all out. Go green and yellow, make it look like Green Bay with an N on the side. Put ears of corn on the side. Who cares.

Have Ahman lead them out of the tunnel wearing a green #30 (we know he looks good in that).

alabama.jpg

This is fine.

That is the same uniform Alabama wears regularly -- it won't sell more jerseys for adidas, which is half the reason for having a cool alternate (the other being recruiting).

If you are gonna go, go all out. Go green and yellow, make it look like Green Bay with an N on the side. Put ears of corn on the side. Who cares.

Have Ahman lead them out of the tunnel wearing a green #30 (we know he looks good in that).

Uhhh... Eff that.

Who is coming undone?? Being 23 I'm part of that younger generation of kids that are growing up in husker nation. I vaguely remember the 97' championship and I'm a husker fan. Kids that grow up out of Nebraska aren't going to care we used to win championships BACK IN THE DAY. It's about "what have you done lately", and I don't like that anymore than you do. As much as I love Nebraska, it isn't where it was 15-20 years ago. In college football you have to adapt or it leaves you behind.

I apologize for that comment. I've had my feathers (no pun intended) ruffled a little today-unfortunately, I didn't take my time in replying to you. I do apologize and ask that you forgive me that comment. :) I understand completely where you're coming from. I have a daughter about your age so I know all about change and being current. (I have to make sure I know the names of all the books and movies my K-6th graders are reading so that I know what they're talking about! lol)

I guess, and I shared this before, I'm just not convinced that changing our uniform is that big of a deal. Will it happen-yep, you're right about that. Do I want it to happen-Nope. Will it make that much difference in the way our boys play? The color? Hmmmm I don't know. The fabric might make a change because there won't be anything to grab if they use the blend they're using now. We'll see. I've enjoyed our discussion. Again, I apologize for making that 'coming undone' comment. I'm the one that has come 'undone' not you! ;)

My post wasn't really addressing your individual points you made, more of a vent on the subject. I think it's a fascinating topic and a great discussion piece for the offseason.

We both agree that a black alternate would be cool. I'm just more optimistic in terms of the future of our uniforms than you, I guess. I wouldn't mind some tweaks here and there, as long as the foundation of the uniforms stays the same. I love tradition as much as the next guy/girl, even though I'm a just a youngster (20). ;)

I agree! It's been a well received topic. It's a very timely topic as well-it seems that everyone is talking about it. You have a more current outlook on the uniforms than I do, and that's ok. I figured you loved tradition too. All of here love our Huskers.

So did we lose tradition when we went to these

1428086_display_image.jpg?1298867968

Damn, I kind of like those...

HAHA! Be careful what you're saying. I wasn't real old, but I remember 2002 and when we wore those jerseys, people were pissed. It was a big sh#t-storm of bitchin' about those jerseys. But I'm with you. I also like them.

alabama.jpg

This is fine.

No. It was their Pro Combat uniform from 2 years ago, tastefully done. How did you possibly miss that from my post?