Idaho State "fair catch"

We scored 73 points.

It was more a curiousity question.

I know. I also heard an interesting question earlier regarding the kickoff that went into the endzone that our guys recovered. I also did not realize that college kinda has a half assed high school rule that once the ball crosses the goal line, it is technically dead, but the returner can bring it out, but in the NFL it is live all the way through.

The "high hit" call on Baptiste was total bs. Enjoy it now folks, cuz this football thing is going downhill in a hurry. Now I'm gonna open another can of worms. This concussion obsession bs is being blown way out of proportion, and it is right before our eyes ruing the true american pastime. Football, not futbol.

• Fire 2

I'm sorry, but this:

The "high hit" call on Baptiste was total bs. Enjoy it now folks, cuz this football thing is going downhill in a hurry. Now I'm gonna open another can of worms. This concussion obsession bs is being blown way out of proportion, and it is right before our eyes ruing the true american pastime. Football, not futbol.

Deserves nothing short of this: :facepalm:

I agree with the call on Baptiste. In slow-mo you could clearly see it was his forearm that hit the receiver. But since you can't review penalties and in real-time it did look like targeting, we're stuck with it. But the concussion topic, we're going to have to agree to disagree. We're starting to see evidence that players at any level, are dealing with long-term negative effects as a result of concussions.

I'm sorry, but this:

Concussions are very scary and we are only just beginning to realize how scarry. The players are bigger, faster and carry a lot less body fat than 15/20 yrs ago. The size of the field has remained the same and is a dangerous place to spend an autum afternoon... And yes...

This concussion obsession bs is being blown way out of proportion

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

T_O_B

I agree with the call on Baptiste. In slow-mo you could clearly see it was his forearm that hit the receiver. But since you can't review penalties and in real-time it did look like targeting, we're stuck with it. But the concussion topic, we're going to have to agree to disagree. We're starting to see evidence that players at any level, are dealing with long-term negative effects as a result of concussions.

Yes, and he was not leading with his head or doing anything detrimental. All he did was basically run into him. It just didnt make any sense.

Well then the sport of football should just be shut down all together. Are concussions "scary". I suppose. I guess I didnt make it clear that I believe they are too. But to think they can do something about blows to head in the sport of football is ludicrous. Penalize all you want for the big hits. I wish I could find the article and link it from sports illustrated that had a doctor explaining that it's not the big individual hits that cause long term damage, but rather the less dramatic repeated helmet to helmet contact that takes place between lineman on every play. I guess I did come off a little assish about it, but I just dont see how they think theyre going to control it, and at what point in time are people going to start taking responsibility for their own actions in this world and understand that when you take part in something risky, like football, and you get hurt, it's no one's fault but your own. Guys who play ball are not forced to play. I guess that would be my whole issue with it all, that we ruin things in an effort to make it a perfect world because everyone needs something or someone to blame when something doesnt go according to plan for them.

Edit--> I also need to add that doing things within the sport such as TRYING to eliminate the helmet to helmet contact is fine, but it has gotten carried away. Baptiste's hit is a perfect example.

We scored 73 points.

It was more a curiousity question.

I agree with you 100% +1

My view on the subject is this: IMO football players accept the possibility that anything could happen when they strap on the pads. It might not be pretty, but when guys step foot on the field, they ought to understand that sometimes accidents happen.

Let me clarify this by saying that I don't think we should allow defenders to launch themselves into opposing players' heads with intent to blow them up and possibly injure them. BUT officials and front office people have gone too far, and the hit by SJB was a perfect example. Even in real time to me, it was clear that he didn't hit him high and didn't lead with his head. It was a perfect example of supposedly how you are supposed to avoid the targeting penalty.

So SJB does exactly what society has been asking of defenders, and he still gets the flag thrown. Then the commentators keep talking about how horrible of a hit it was and whatnot... Sorry for the rant, but the whole principle of how far these rules have gone is total BS.

End rant.