Cosgrove leaving?

coz ain't no dummy.....he sees a top notch defense coming up over the next couple years and his stock will go even higher.....much higher in my opinion....

i think he feels he owes cally at least 1 or 2 more seasons....but then all bets are off....especially if the D is dominating as i expect it will be.....then NU will have to come up with some huge bucks, and that may not be enough.....the lure of the NFL is huge for these guys......

hunter

Wow, what a difference a few wins make....

I can recall this board exploding after the meltdown at MU and KU..... Holy cow, some of you were ready to run Coz and Co. out of town..

I had my doubt as did many, but as I said, a few wins sure change attitudes of everyone..... including mine

I am still not completely sold on Coz, but I am very happy he is staying... the last thing we needed was to change faces and schemes at this point.

Just keep showing improvement.

I can recall this board exploding after the meltdown at MU and KU..... Holy cow, some of you were ready to run Coz and Co. out of town..

I had my doubt as did many, but as I said, a few wins sure change attitudes of everyone..... including mine

I am still not completely sold on Coz, but I am very happy he is staying... the last thing we needed was to change faces and schemes at this point.

Exactly. I am not completely sold on him, but he has had success in the past, and seemingly has things moving in a positive direction. Continuity will contribute greatly to success.

i was just listenin to the alamo bowl again on the computer here and i just realized... nu could have the best d-line and linebackers in the big 12 and maybe the country. wow, the lb's played great and it was pretty much the backups from the start of the season... got great depth there, and d-line will be stacked 2... its gonna be awesome now that coz is stayin put

:yeah well said. next year's defense is going to be good. a fantastic LB corps and our CB position will be solidified. safety and DT are uncertain. Regardless its just another testament that these guys we have coaching at Nebraska know what they are doing. The ship just corrected it's course by a couple degrees.