Jump to content

Who's Next?


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. But someone close to the program sent me this last night. Maybe graduate transfer?  

I think Jaylin Bradley is going to leave. With that loss, to go with Devine, Mikale, and Bell leaving early, ideally you would like to bring in at least three guys. So we have Deidrick Mills, Rahmir J

Someone who I don’t want to get into trouble. Sorry. But, they said it came from coach Held.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, BigRedN said:

 

With eight [8] teams in the B1G ahead of us in four * ranked players ... I'd love to see this ... call it "necessary thinking"!  Two [2] isn't nearly on pace.  At present, we have Northwestern, Iowa, Minny, Iowa and Wisky all ahead of us ... just on our side of the conference.  OSU, Mich and Penn State are way out in front.

This is a good take. I think the staff has brought in some good size at positions and has identified developmental talent. 

 

But they have to start bringing in higher talent players. 

Link to post
10 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is a good take. I think the staff has brought in some good size at positions and has identified developmental talent. 

 

But they have to start bringing in higher talent players. 


If I understand the numbers correctly, we need seven [7] more 4* players out of the next 14 commits to get to 9-10 4*'s in our class [which is more of our norm].  Additionally, we are actually ahead of pace in terms of our normal commits ... so it's interesting that we are in no rush, but are ahead ... and in that we only have two [2] 4* recruits.

I'm not trying to focus on star rating in our recruitment ... but it's the only way at present to observe our current recruitment as it relates to the past.  We have added some nice size and speed at positions like LB [even if they are 3* rated].  That might not be measurable this early in the process obviously.  In Scott we trust ... so my guess is that on their board some of these guys are ranked higher on their board ... obviously.  

Thanks for chiming in.

Link to post
15 minutes ago, BigRedN said:


If I understand the numbers correctly, we need seven [7] more 4* players out of the next 14 commits to get to 9-10 4*'s in our class [which is more of our norm].  Additionally, we are actually ahead of pace in terms of our normal commits ... so it's interesting that we are in no rush, but are ahead ... and in that we only have two [2] 4* recruits.

I'm not trying to focus on star rating in our recruitment ... but it's the only way at present to observe our current recruitment as it relates to the past.  We have added some nice size and speed at positions like LB [even if they are 3* rated].  That might not be measurable this early in the process obviously.  In Scott we trust ... so my guess is that on their board some of these guys are ranked higher on their board ... obviously.  

Thanks for chiming in.

I've been watching the same thing, it'll be interesting to see if we can continue at a comparable pace without winning. Imo, it'll get tougher and tougher until we win. 

Link to post
Just now, Warrior10 said:

I've been watching the same thing, it'll be interesting to see if we can continue at a comparable pace without winning. Imo, it'll get tougher and tougher until we win. 


Yes, I can see Wisky and us switching in spots recruiting wise.  We are already seeing that in recent recruiting years on various players.  I'm cool with 3*'s, quite honestly ... but in time, you have to prove to me that you are a great developmental program.  If you are not ... then it has to be addressed.  At present, this is getting to be like this scene in Remember The Titans ... and it's time to be Coach Boone's assistant and call out our own BS.

PS.  Maybe we can be more like the player at the end as well and surrender our pride and stop protecting our "privileged" we seem to place upon our own program.  It has to be earned.  
 


 

Link to post

28 minutes ago, BigRedN said:


If I understand the numbers correctly, we need seven [7] more 4* players out of the next 14 commits to get to 9-10 4*'s in our class [which is more of our norm].  Additionally, we are actually ahead of pace in terms of our normal commits ... so it's interesting that we are in no rush, but are ahead ... and in that we only have two [2] 4* recruits.

I'm not trying to focus on star rating in our recruitment ... but it's the only way at present to observe our current recruitment as it relates to the past.  We have added some nice size and speed at positions like LB [even if they are 3* rated].  That might not be measurable this early in the process obviously.  In Scott we trust ... so my guess is that on their board some of these guys are ranked higher on their board ... obviously.  

Thanks for chiming in.

I would be curious how many kids under frost were not 4 stars when they committed but ended up a 4 star to help those numbers. Or were 3 stars while we were pursuing heavily then got large bump in rankings before they committed. 

 

My memory may be off but it seems like frost has had a good track record so far of our commits and targets mostly rising in ranking over time. Kpai is one of the first who fell I can think of 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:


Yes, I can see Wisky and us switching in spots recruiting wise.  We are already seeing that in recent recruiting years on various players.  I'm cool with 3*'s, quite honestly ... but in time, you have to prove to me that you are a great developmental program.  If you are not ... then it has to be addressed.  At present, this is getting to be like this scene in Remember The Titans ... and it's time to be Coach Boone's assistant and call out our own BS.

PS.  Maybe we can be more like the player at the end as well and surrender our pride and stop protecting our "privileged" we seem to place upon our own program.  It has to be earned.  
 


 

To your point on Wisc, I believe they have already matched their highest # of 4stars in a class and it's only June. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

To your point on Wisc, I believe they have already matched their highest # of 4stars in a class and it's only June. 

So basically Alvarez stole the Nebraska model for how to build a program. After nearly 25 years their recruiting is on the uptick. Pair more elite talent with the success they have already had the last 20 years could be dangerous. Just proves our old model is not outdated and could still make NU a winner today 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, BigRedN said:


If I understand the numbers correctly, we need seven [7] more 4* players out of the next 14 commits to get to 9-10 4*'s in our class [which is more of our norm].  Additionally, we are actually ahead of pace in terms of our normal commits ... so it's interesting that we are in no rush, but are ahead ... and in that we only have two [2] 4* recruits.

I'm not trying to focus on star rating in our recruitment ... but it's the only way at present to observe our current recruitment as it relates to the past.  We have added some nice size and speed at positions like LB [even if they are 3* rated].  That might not be measurable this early in the process obviously.  In Scott we trust ... so my guess is that on their board some of these guys are ranked higher on their board ... obviously.  

Thanks for chiming in.

Typically lineman and lbs don't get the 4* spots unless they are elite.   Wr db and rb get the vast majority and we will see those in the back half of our class

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

5 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

To your point on Wisc, I believe they have already matched their highest # of 4stars in a class and it's only June. 

That's just it, they only have a few more spots left. They usually have much of their class filled before fall camp starts, as they don't invest a lot of time recruiting uncommitted prospects in-season. They've done much of their damage at OL and LB the past few years, but areas they routinely are good at. Because of this should Nebraska get on campus visits and even improve by 3 wins(Bowl game included), we'll not only catch them but might even pass them. Their average might be higher but volume will allow us to pass them. Let me be clear, that I give them props for taking what they've done and built on it.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So basically Alvarez stole the Nebraska model for how to build a program. After nearly 25 years their recruiting is on the uptick. Pair more elite talent with the success they have already had the last 20 years could be dangerous. Just proves our old model is not outdated and could still make NU a winner today 

 

So agree ... but I don't fully know if Scott believes in the "old model".  We all love what he has learned [various schemes] from various sources ... and we like what he brings ... but does/will will recruit OL and DL like in the old model and develop them like the old model?  That is, to me, what is still a question mark.  It's actually a bigger question mark than I'd hoped at this stage.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So basically Alvarez stole the Nebraska model for how to build a program. After nearly 25 years their recruiting is on the uptick. Pair more elite talent with the success they have already had the last 20 years could be dangerous. Just proves our old model is not outdated and could still make NU a winner today 

Yep. Let's install that baby and I will see you in 2045. Looking forward to it!  :cheers

 

In all seriousness they do have a good thing going and would love to be at 9/10 wins again every year. If that is all we ever get back to, great. However Frost is shooting higher than that (i.e beating Ohio State in Indy and getting to the playoff).  He may still fall on his face (continue right on at 5-7 until the end of time) or he may get us there but I am on board with shooting for the stars one more time before we all hang up our fan cleats and start watching the premiere league instead. 

 

628994_b.jpg.77aab5e31b532f7e56222e03359a7edc.jpg

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Yep. Let's install that baby and I will see you in 2045. Looking forward to it!  :cheers

 

In all seriousness they do have a good thing going and would love to be at 9/10 wins again every year. If that is all we ever get back to, great. However Frost is shooting higher than that (i.e beating Ohio State in Indy and getting to the playoff).  He may still fall on his face (continue right on at 5-7 until the end of time) or he may get us there but I am on board with shooting for the stars one more time before we all hang up our fan cleats and start watching the premiere league instead. 

 

628994_b.jpg.77aab5e31b532f7e56222e03359a7edc.jpg

I’m not saying we should at this point, I think you run with what Frost is doing. I just think it shows maybe we abandoned our identity too soon 17 years ago just because the media said our system was outdated and we wanted to be hip and go west coast. Here we are 17 years later- we suck and someone else is doing what we used to and are successful 

 

solich needed to hire some recruiters and let someone else call plays. 

 

We are where we are I just think Wisconsin shows that philosophy is not dead. It just fit us so well, now we compete for the same players as everyone else because we run the same system. Everyone is ready for spread fast paced offense. Imagine 1 game a year you gotta prepare for a big bruising option attack no one else runs. It would make us unique, hard to prepare for and cause matchup problems. We not going back to that but it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work great still. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...