Something you wish you had done...

For me...about 10 years ago we took a trip to the Ozarks for a bachelor party...ColoHusk was there! It was a great time.

Well...I started looking into lake homes there, even today they are very reasonably priced for moderate homes...I wanted a bunch of us guys to chip in and buy one...

None of my friends were interested, of course, but 10 years later that thing would have been paid off (or destroyed) and we could still rent it out..

It is something I really wish I would have pushed harder for with my friends.

There are also lots of girls that I wish I had done...

I dont see what couldve possibly gone wrong entering into a business/real estate venture with a bunch of drunken high school/college buddies. Seems like a good plan you shouldve taken advantage of imo.

Its a house...we weren't buying 100 babies and trying to raise them...Recreating some odd 3 men and Baby movie.

You buy it...you have a property management company take care of the rentals and some of the cleaning.

I am not saying it would have been flawless but really...5 guys splitting a 125K home is not that huge of a risk.

Wish I had taken my high school football career a bit more seriously. Worked a little harder. But good ole Mary Jane, she had me putting things off, taking it easy, chillin' instead of liftin', eating like a damn baffoon. It wasn't all her fault though, she just contributed. I had a deep love affair with her for quite a few years in there. I also couldn't keep my nose out of trouble. Lack of direction, lack of structure, and growing up with no father in the home, a lack of a real role model...someone to point me back in the right direction when my road was winding a bit too much. I look back sometimes and think maybe I could've played a little more ball if I had given a bit more work towards it....but maybe not. Just one of those things I'll never know.

Wish I had taken my high school football career a bit more seriously. Worked a little harder. But good ole Mary Jane, she had me putting things off, taking it easy, chillin' instead of liftin', eating like a damn baffoon. It wasn't all her fault though, she just contributed. I had a deep love affair with her for quite a few years in there. I also couldn't keep my nose out of trouble. Lack of direction, lack of structure, and growing up with no father in the home, a lack of a real role model...someone to point me back in the right direction when my road was winding a bit too much. I look back sometimes and think maybe I could've played a little more ball if I had given a bit more work towards it....but maybe not. Just one of those things I'll never know.

True, don't be too hard on yourself. We all have thoughts about how things could have been different in high school. You also don't want to be one of those guys who thinks that the best days in their life were as a high school football player.

I dont see what couldve possibly gone wrong entering into a business/real estate venture with a bunch of drunken high school/college buddies. Seems like a good plan you shouldve taken advantage of imo.

Its a house...we weren't buying 100 babies and trying to raise them...Recreating some odd 3 men and Baby movie.

You buy it...you have a property management company take care of the rentals and some of the cleaning.

I am not saying it would have been flawless but really...5 guys splitting a 125K home is not that huge of a risk.

I was just being a smart ass. But I have seen problems with 5 people just trying to rent a place together for 1 year...... Somebody going to come away unhappy about something.

I was just being a smart ass. But I have seen problems with 5 people just trying to rent a place together for 1 year...... Somebody going to come away unhappy about something.

I know! I was kidding around!

True, don't be too hard on yourself. We all have thoughts about how things could have been different in high school. You also don't want to be one of those guys who thinks that the best days in their life were as a high school football player.

Yea, I'm not that guy either. I have a few regrets, mostly just because I was a real idiot as a kid. I had fun, but I made some mistakes. I learned from it. I just missed some opportunities, academically as well,must because my lack of effort. I had what my mom called a "don't give a sh#t" attitude. It's the past. I know a lot of people probably have those what if's. I don't want to sound like I sit around and beat myself up about it too much. Just on the small list of woulda, shoulda, coulda's.

My happiest days in my life started when I met my little girl, the day she came into the world and looked right at me. Then seven years later my little boy was born. Now I get to come him to my wife and my two kids every day. My 12 year old daughter still hugs me and says "hi daddy" when I come home, I hope she always does. My son doesn't speak a lot due to his epilepsy, but boy he sure as hell waves like crazy and he does know how to say "hi". He gets all excited and runs up to me almost every single day and I pick him up. He hugs me, and gives kisses. That boy loves the heck outta me same as I love him. I'd do anything to make him better, but I've still got him here with me and to me, that means these are the best days. As long as I get to see their smiling faces, I'm grateful.

Sorry for the rant. Weird day today.

• Fire 3

Two things:

a) I REALLY wish I would have taken my college education more seriously. I went to college and for about 2 1/2 years I was a drunk idiot. It obviously took me longer to get through school and my grades suffered drastically. I could have gotten a lot better job and start out of college if I had done it right.

b) I was at a charity auction once and a house rental for a week of Sturgis was on the block. The minimum allowed bid was $1000. I could have had a week in Sturgis for $1000 and passed it up. STUPID!!!

Kind of sounds like "a" and "b" are contradictory.....LOL....maybe there was a reason why I was smart to pass on the house rental.

Yea, I'm not that guy either. I have a few regrets, mostly just because I was a real idiot as a kid. I had fun, but I made some mistakes. I learned from it. I just missed some opportunities, academically as well,must because my lack of effort. I had what my mom called a "don't give a sh#t" attitude. It's the past. I know a lot of people probably have those what if's. I don't want to sound like I sit around and beat myself up about it too much. Just on the small list of woulda, shoulda, coulda's.

My happiest days in my life started when I met my little girl, the day she came into the world and looked right at me. Then seven years later my little boy was born. Now I get to come him to my wife and my two kids every day. My 12 year old daughter still hugs me and says "hi daddy" when I come home, I hope she always does. My son doesn't speak a lot due to his epilepsy, but boy he sure as hell waves like crazy and he does know how to say "hi". He gets all excited and runs up to me almost every single day and I pick him up. He hugs me, and gives kisses. That boy loves the heck outta me same as I love him. I'd do anything to make him better, but I've still got him here with me and to me, that means these are the best days. As long as I get to see their smiling faces, I'm grateful.

Great post. My son's smiling at me puts a lot into perspective.

Don't worry about the rant. Kids are great!!!