Dude, you are not a villain. How many posts in a row do you have to imagine something that someone is calling you?

White people don't benefit from their standing because they are ignorant - they benefit because they are white. It doesn't matter how accepting and fair you are, you are still privileged in ways that non-white people are not. A lot of ways. Nobody is saying that white people are inherently evil and prejudiced and other groups aren't - people are only saying that white people have greater standing and advantages in our country due to the systems and institutions that support it. Because that is the reality.

You don't have to apologize for it you just have to acknowledge that it exists and then use it for good.

This I agree with. But sadly don't think racism will ever go away. Hatred will always be taught down to the lower generations in certain groups. Plus with stereotypes being said and joked about, and how they supposedly exist for a reason. Not to mention how news is reported and skewed depending on race or ethnicity. Pretty much means racism is a never ending thing, but I do hope I'm wrong.

White people don't benefit from their standing because they are ignorant - they benefit because they are white. It doesn't matter how accepting and fair you are, you are still privileged in ways that non-white people are not. A lot of ways.

I'm not saying you're totally wrong here or anything, but I've been to many impoverished rural areas that would probably make you second guess that belief.

White people don't benefit from their standing because they are ignorant - they benefit because they are white. It doesn't matter how accepting and fair you are, you are still privileged in ways that non-white people are not. A lot of ways.

I'm not saying you're totally wrong here or anything, but I've been to many impoverished rural areas that would probably make you second guess that belief.

What do you mean?

Okay that's what I figured.

Obviously there are macro and micro levels of privilege and opportunity and etc., and a white kid with no dad with a junkie mom living in a trailer court does not have the same opportunities as Will Smith's kids or something. The point is that a white person is generally, outside of rare circumstances, going to have more advantages than a non-white person given the same set of circumstances, ie, growing up next to each other in the same impoverished rural area.

Okay that's what I figured.

Obviously there are macro and micro levels of privilege and opportunity and etc., and a white kid with no dad with a junkie mom living in a trailer court does not have the same opportunities as Will Smith's kids or something. The point is that a white person is generally, outside of rare circumstances, going to have more advantages than a non-white person given the same set of circumstances, ie, growing up next to each other in the same impoverished rural area.

How so?

Specific examples? Less likely to be accused and convicted of crimes and serve jail time, less harsh critiquing of schoolwork leading to better grades, better odds at renting/owning a home and applying for loans, 50% more likely to get call-backs for job applications, not being profiled (as much) because of certain ways you want to dress, those sorts of things.