**** What did we learn - Miami Edition ****

walksalone

Rozier was the greatest. AA actually reminds me of him a LOT. That switchback run he did near the goal line was a less successful version of Rozier's UCLA TD.

On a drive, Rozier wouldn't have one 3 yard run and one 80 yard run; he'd have three 30 yard runs. Ameer kinda does the same thing. Big gains, consistently.

Phillips would have been the greatest. Should have been the greatest. What a tool.

Agreed, when talking about these four (Rozier, Phillips, Green, Ameer), Rozier and Ameer are the most similar. Green and Phillips were so big and strong that they would run over people (I know, I know, Ameer is tough and puts his shoulder down and drives through people, but not like those two did).

Phillips is the best running back I have ever seen anywhere. If you consider what he did as a sophomore and then consider what he did in his first two games as a junior...and what he did in the Fiesta Bowl against the #2 Gators....and think about what he COULD have done with a complete junior year and a complete senior year....his numbers would have been off the charts.

It is really a shame. He obviously had problems and nobody...not even Dr. Tom seemed to be able to help him. It is really too bad. Not just for us Husker fans who missed the opportunity to possibly have a two-time Heisman winner...but for him personally. To throw everything away and end up in prison. His life story is a true tragedy.

What I learned last night:

- Bo chews bubblelicious, and has an assistant keep a piece warm in his pocket for him.

- Josh Mitchell ain't never skurd (throwing down with 300+)

- Trevor Roach can tackle

- Miami is still thug U

- ACC refs blow

agree with all of the above (and I now think I need a Bubblelicious assistant).

But plus one for the Miami is Thug U and those refs....geez, what a bunch of tools.

I think we are one player away from being vicious in defense. We need a really nasty LB.

I kinda agree except I think it is a couple of players. We need more speed at safety and yes we could use (as you put it) "a really nasty LB. But I think we may have those players right now...they are just not playing right now for various reasons (injuries, etc. )

That Nebraska can beat an unranked team at home and it can still feel like something. Miami just has that talismanic quality for NU

That there are thugs, and there are wimpy, whiny, undisciplined poor losers who deliberately went after the best players when it became clear they were going to lose. Al,Gooden will likely never get another head coaching job of prominence ever again and he has no control of his team.

This team will go as far as Ameer can carry them. And I'm not sure if he can carry them past MSU or Wisconsin, but it might be fun to watch.

That when Tommy threw that pick, I made a vow to not come here to hear the idiotic hate, and it was probably a good call.

For all the good I saw (and there was a lot of good') I'm still scared of the leaky defense. NU only out gained Miami by I believe 35 or so.

But for now, I don't particularly care. I hate Miami and that was fun.

• Fire 6

You guys act like you beat a great team last night. We are not good at all.

Yet our TRUE freshman qb and his offense scored 31.

Our D is terrible. AA is a damn good back.

But it's not like you beat a top team. This team will barely get 6 wins this year

I think we're all well aware of that. It's just that Nebraska of late has lost games like these. This time we didn't.

And you act like the points after the first 24 are meaningful in any way.