Commitment

RADAR

Jim McElwain....not taking him 4-5 years at Florida.

Urban Meyer....didn't take him 4-5 years at Ohio State.

I mean, Nebraska is one of those blue blood programs. It's time to quit giving the excuse that NU doesn't recruit...blah blah blah, hot beds, blah blah blah....

This staff SUCKS. 2-3? Loss to a 2 loss BYU, loss to Illinois, and a loss to freaking Miami team that we made look like a top 10 team, and they turn around and get beat by Cincy? By more than one possession?

Commitment? How bout the commitment the head effin coach gives the fans by not being a dipwad in playcalling.

Here is another thing that pisses me off. Coaches like MR and his staff are digging they're own grave. Coaches at that level know offense, and it doesn't matter what offense they run, they should know it and it's concepts and should be able to apply ANY offense they want. Yet, they still, despite what the fans WANT, what a legend said they need, run something that makes us pass 30-40 times a game.

Cool, thanks MR....

What happened to you?

Just watched the worst game I've ever seen as a Husker Fan.

So you didn't pay much attention when 408 was the coach. Well at least you are watching the games now.

• Fire 2

You act like the coaches spend unlimited time with these kids. This isn't the NFL bro. They are limited in every way and are just coming out of the starting blocks. They can barely decide who should do what and when let alone you expect them to be able to communicate with perfection game management. A child like expectation. Give it time.

Illinois HC has been with his team 4 weeks...

No, he has been there for years

You act like the coaches spend unlimited time with these kids. This isn't the NFL bro. They are limited in every way and are just coming out of the starting blocks. They can barely decide who should do what and when let alone you expect them to be able to communicate with perfection game management. A child like expectation. Give it time.

He's been there for two years. But not as HC. He's been HC for 4 weeks.

He's been there for two years. But not as HC. He's been HC for 4 weeks.

right, so the statement I replied to was false

He has been OC for 2 years...guess its a smooth easy transition having the HC canned a week before the season starts.

Wow...now there's a textbook example of double standard logic. The "commitment" you refused to be held to yesterday is now demanded from others today. How do you people keep all that horses#!t straight in your heads?

RADAR, you need to be more careful where you go looking to pull quotes from, the places you're going to for stuff like this is picking up more hairballs than a wad of gum rolling across a barbershop floor.

and Lux.. if we're all "children" for refusing to march over the cliff with the rest of you lemmings, I guess it's because of crappy excuse-making, enabler "parents" like you.

• Fire 1

We were told we were getting experience. How come this experience can't seem to put a game away? Time management? I feel Bo was better at this.

Bo is a better coach.

And no, I don't want him back.

Neither do I but I feel violated as I was lied to. Sometimes I feel I can call better plays.

Run up the middle

Now run to the outside

Now go deep and QB draw.

We are committed. If we werent. This board and all others would be dead after yesterdays game.

Well...
well what.

If we didnt care no one would say anything at.

Dont you simply small font response my comment. If you got something to say, come out with it.

Okay. Here is my biggest problem.

All offseason 90% of level headed posters kept talking about how they thought we should win 9 games, but all understood how it's a process. He's gotta get his schemes installed, recruit his own players, yada, yada. So we will give him his time. This season will be about football, not about giving him a timeline, because it's not fair to base it all off 1 season... With that, I understand that to be commitment to the program (staff included). Now suddenly, not playing well and everyone is running around with head chopped off forgetting all about the idea of giving the guy a god damn season before being UNCOMMITED to the staff.

It just doesn't add up. Everyone was HOPEFUL, we'd be great this year, but understood we might struggle. Now that were actually struggling guys want to burn more money and can MR and staff.

The biggest reason I didn't want Bo fired at the time because I was committed to NEBRASKA and at the time, Bo was a part of the program that I was committed to. I hated some of the things he did, but at the end of the day, if someone wanted to talk trash about or HC, I found it within myself to come up with something to defend the man.

I feel the exact same way about this situation with MR. You can be committed to the program without loving the HC, but you can't be sending up airplanes with banners and pretend you are truly committed to anything. All that crap(yes that is an extreme) just causes more issues for our program. Sure, I'm pissed we've lost 3 games. I have a problem with the way we played yesterday as far as play calling and management at the end. I also loved the way we called O the first 3 games. Life(or football) isn't always gumdrops and rainbows. You guys have to understand that we fired Bo with the UNDERSTANDING that we were committing to a new staff that we believed could do better over a certain period of time, now that time frame is different for everyone, but GOD DAMN IT, it's not fair that he gets 4 f'ing games.

Be committed, question this staff in a respectable way, without every god damn word out of mouths being fire this guy, fire that guy. God damn it. I AM COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA.

I gottcha. I actually agree with you. Demending a firing is extreme. And wont happen Not for a couple years. And I havent done that. But Ive also been pretty vocal-i think anyway-that I already see some negative trends in regards to simple football basics that have nothing to do with talent level, player fit, mentality, etc that are costing games. Multiple games. So i have no issues with legit criticism like you said.

If we go 4-8 Eichorst will be fired as well as the staff. We were told this wasn't a rebuild. We were told he was coming here to win now. Well we don't have to worry about winning the games that matter this season because we are more or less out of the west race with one more L

We were told that money wasn't an issue, and that he would hire the best coach to lead the program.

It's starting to look like we were told some BS...

So we're supposed to commit to mediocrity? This isn't one of the scenarios where our famed HC just retired and we hired a new HC and we have to give him time. We've had four head coaches in less than 20 years. The Husker fan base has been dealing with this sh#t pile for 15+ years. I'm committed to the program but I don't have to be committed to the staff.

At this point mediocrity would be an improvement. We may end up last in the BIG this year. I would not be surprised if we are not favored in another game this year. A five year contract at a minimum of $2.7 million per year is a big commitment.

Wow...now there's a textbook example of double standard logic. The "commitment" you refused to be held to yesterday is now demanded from others today. How do you people keep all that horses#!t straight in your heads?

RADAR, you need to be more careful where you go looking to pull quotes from, the places you're going to for stuff like this is picking up more hairballs than a wad of gum rolling across a barbershop floor.

and Lux.. if we're all "children" for refusing to march over the cliff with the rest of you lemmings, I guess it's because of crappy excuse-making, enabler "parents" like you.

No double standard, I gave 408 four years before I knew there was no hope of improvement, Riley will get the same.