What level of "infractions" would you be okay with?

It's not a free education. And often, it's not even quality.

The logic is, if an action doesn't gain you an advantage in competition, then it's not "immoral." It can be improper or even illegal, but it's not immoral to accept money when a cheater is giving it away.

Who defined accepting money as being an "advantage in competition"? I'm sorry but this is some seriously flawed logic.

The ACTUAL definition of morality is:

conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct.
hmm, nothing about a competitive advantage.

So, you consider speeding to be immoral?

For me, and many others, the label of immoral is only attached to acts or omissions that are harmful to others.

I am sure others don't think it is immoral, and it is very clear you don't think it is either.

Can speeding hurt others? Yes, it can, but no, it isn't immoral. The two are not comparable!

The definition of morality said nothing about being against the law, it said "right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct."

but enough about this particular part of the subject. You disagree with me, and I disagree with you. Life goes on.

I would be totally okay with most of them...if they didn't get caught!

How refreshing to know that someone with such high morals and scruples is teaching the youth of today. Please find another line of work.

So, is it okay for your students to cheat as long as they don't get caught?

How refreshing to know that someone with such high morals and scruples is teaching the youth of today. Please find another line of work.

Navy seals have a motto: if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

I thought parents were who their kids looked to for their moral compass. Hmmm, guess not.

There is no fun in cheating, even if you don't get caught. It's disrespectful to yourself, your sport and the fans who watch. I would quit watching CFB before I would support cheating.

But, you know it goes on and you still watch...right?

Just because it goes on doesn't make it right or mean that we should partake of such nefarious activities. Wrong is still wrong no matter how many people partake of wrong doing.

Some of the answers in this thread speak volumes about their owners character.

What about the roids back in the 80s...Seemed like NU got some press about that.

Was that sponsored by the University? Or was it just some of the players partaking of an illegal substance? If it was sponsored by the University, then NU should have been investigated and sanctioned. If it was just players, they should have been removed from the team if found guilty.

Cheating should not be tolerated in any form.

I thought parents were who their kids looked to for their moral compass. Hmmm, guess not.

Nice excuse for your own lack of morals.

Yes, parents should be the primary force for shaping their kids morals but, as a teacher or coach, you also help shape their opinions and feelings on things. Those kids are influenced by your feelings and thoughts whether you or I like it or not. If you are passing on the message that cheating is okay as long as you don't get caught, then you should not be teaching/coaching kids in any capacity. If that truth hurts or hits too close to home, it might be time for you to look in the mirror and reevaluate why you are teaching or coaching youth. It really has nothing at all to do with the parents or anyone other than yourself. I'll do my job as a parent. The question is, will you be helping me reinforce the good messages or will you actively be working against me?

• Fire 1

Navy seals have a motto: if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

That is motto number 8 and it doesn't mean what you might think it does.

8. “If You Ain’t Cheating, You Ain’t Trying”
Meaning: In combat, the larger force dictates the rules and Navy SEALS are always the smaller group. To win, you need to break the rules. (It is understood that you should also not get caught)

Don't be all that surprised. This is coming from someone who has admitted to having sex with women without consent and treating it like a joke.

The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.

John Wooden

Nice excuse for your own lack of morals.

Yes, parents should be the primary force for shaping their kids morals but, as a teacher or coach, you also help shape their opinions and feelings on things. Those kids are influenced by your feelings and thoughts whether you or I like it or not. If you are passing on the message that cheating is okay as long as you don't get caught, then you should not be teaching/coaching kids in any capacity. If that truth hurts or hits too close to home, it might be time for you to look in the mirror and reevaluate why you are teaching or coaching youth. It really has nothing at all to do with the parents or anyone other than yourself. I'll do my job as a parent. The question is, will you be helping me reinforce the good messages or will you actively be working against me?

Got it...teachers should think just like the parents...

Also, John Wooden cheated like crazy