Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

On 9/25/2020 at 6:37 PM, RedDenver said:

Aberlour 12 and Macallan 15 are my go to scotch. But a more recent favorite is the Laws Whiskey House 4 Grain Straight Bourbon.

Amen to that!!  AD Laws 4 grain is easily one of my favorite whiskeys/bourbons.  I've since added their bottled in bond to my collection as well.  

Once I finish off the scotch I have on hand, I think I'll pull the trigger on a Macallan 15.  I don't drink scotch often, so might as well have a nice one on hand for when I do.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Calvin said:

Amen to that!!  AD Laws 4 grain is easily one of my favorite whiskeys/bourbons.  I've since added their bottled in bond to my collection as well.  

Once I finish off the scotch I have on hand, I think I'll pull the trigger on a Macallan 15.  I don't drink scotch often, so might as well have a nice one on hand for when I do.  

I want to try the 4 grain bonded but haven't gotten around to it yet.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:07 PM, Redux said:

This is a love it or hate it bottle.  Some consider it far too weak for the price and not complex enough.  For me, this is some of the finest stuff I've ever had.  Smooth, sweet, fruity, no burn what so ever, spices in the right place.  If you're looking to drop some cash on a nice bottle I recommend it if you like Fiddich.  The best bang for your buck is still hands down the 15yr though.  The 18 is excellent as well.  And Bourbon lovers should pick up the 14yr.  The 12yr is pretty basic but affordable, not one I'd go out of my way for.  Glenfiddich has quickly become one of my favorites.

Well, a problem with living in a small town is that the liquor selection at the store can be limited.  I picked up a bottle of the 12 year today because that's all they had.  

Hope it's good.

gfdob.12yo.jpg

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, a problem with living in a small town is that the liquor selection at the store can be limited.  I picked up a bottle of the 12 year today because that's all they had.  

Hope it's good.

gfdob.12yo.jpg

Depending on what you paid for it, it's pretty decent.  I find it to be petty good as an entry level.  I was just shicked how much more I liked the 15 and 18 comparatively to this one.

14 minutes ago, Redux said:

Depending on what you paid for it, it's pretty decent.  I find it to be petty good as an entry level.  I was just shicked how much more I liked the 15 and 18 comparatively to this one.

I'm trying it right now and might need another one to make sure I like it.  :P

It's pretty good.

I'm really interested now to try the other versions.

FYI...paid about $45.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm trying it right now and might need another one to make sure I like it.  :P

It's pretty good.

I'm really interested now to try the other versions.

FYI...paid about $45.

Perfect, that's right about where it should be priced. I can't recommend the 15yr enough.  Another bargain Scotch is Loch Lomond, under $40 at Wal Mart.  The 12yr is in the red box I believe.  Great Value Scotch with a touch of Peat but not too much.

And the ultimate value Scotch, would be this guy:

0081206602023_0_A1C1_1200.png

My Wal Mart has a handle for I believe $20ish bucks.  It's very smooth for very little cash.  Perfect scotch if you want to get snockered.

45 minutes ago, Redux said:

Perfect, that's right about where it should be priced. I can't recommend the 15yr enough.  Another bargain Scotch is Loch Lomond, under $40 at Wal Mart.  The 12yr is in the red box I believe.  Great Value Scotch with a touch of Peat but not too much.

And the ultimate value Scotch, would be this guy:

0081206602023_0_A1C1_1200.png

My Wal Mart has a handle for I believe $20ish bucks.  It's very smooth for very little cash.  Perfect scotch if you want to get snockered.

Since most of my life has been thinking Scotch was turpentine because I was always trying cheap Scotch, I'm probably going to stay not eh higher end.  If I want a bottle of whisky to suck down and get drunk, there's a lot fo good Irish stuff that will more than do the trick.

• Plus1 1