Jump to content

Pickering...


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean I'm an optimist and all, but I don't know how you spin recruiting a club soccer player as an emergency kicker as a positive. They're not the first staff to try finding specialists already on ca

Somebody could also spin this as desperation.  They had the entire Spring, Summer, and Fall camp with these kickers and they are just now realizing they are screwed if the #1 guy goes down?

Posted Images

Just now, Mavric said:

Neither Pickering nor Jorgensen suited up today

 

Who the hell is Gabe Heins?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

 

Somebody could also spin this as desperation.  They had the entire Spring, Summer, and Fall camp with these kickers and they are just now realizing they are screwed if the #1 guy goes down?

 

How often does the number 1 kicker go down to an injury? I can't hardly think of one time, so most teams have no back up plan. However, the coaches did have a back up plan in Dylan Jorgensen and he didn't practice today either. So, you can spin it as desperation, but literally every other team in the country would be in the same boat if their number 1 guy went down.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

 

How often does the number 1 kicker go down to an injury? I can't hardly think of one time, so most teams have no back up plan. However, the coaches did have a back up plan in Dylan Jorgensen and he didn't practice today either. So, you can spin it as desperation, but literally every other team in the country would be in the same boat if their number 1 guy went down.

 

I’m not saying that everybody has a great back-up kicker that they can turn to. Look how the NFL chews up and spits out kickers. Kicking is hard. Which is probably why all teams should have a backup plan. College coaches are such control freaks I find it hard to believe that most of them do not.

 

But, they could also just be following the plan.  A.) Open competition kickers, punters and safeties.  2.) Try-outs with the club soccer team.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

 

Somebody could also spin this as desperation.  They had the entire Spring, Summer, and Fall camp with these kickers and they are just now realizing they are screwed if the #1 guy goes down?

 

It's not just the #1 guy, it's the backup as well. Jorgensen wasn't in pads at practice today, either.

 

I don't know what kind of roster management most teams do, but I would think two PKs is pretty standard. Not a lot of teams going to waste a roster spot on a third place kicker.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

 

It's not just the #1 guy, it's the backup as well. Jorgensen wasn't in pads at practice today, either.

 

I don't know what kind of roster management most teams do, but I would think two PKs is pretty standard. Not a lot of teams going to waste a roster spot on a third place kicker.

 

Except there are 3 kickers and 4 punters listed on the roster.  

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

 

Except there are 3 kickers and 4 punters listed on the roster.  

 

Sure. And that third kicker is true Freshman walk-on Gabe Heins from Kearney. And if he's out there against NIU and gets hurt... shouldn't we have a guy on the squad who could possibly kick for us?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

 

Sure. And that third kicker is true Freshman walk-on Gabe Heins from Kearney. And if he's out there against NIU and gets hurt... shouldn't we have a guy on the squad who could possibly kick for us?

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

 

Sure. And that third kicker is true Freshman walk-on Gabe Heins from Kearney. And if he's out there against NIU and gets hurt... shouldn't we have a guy on the squad who could possibly kick for us?

 

And then they can open it up to the students like Florida did in 2015.  https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/no-13-florida-holds-open-tryout-in-hopes-of-finding-kicker-102115

 

Interesting note, the guy that won the competition for Florida made 2 out of 3 extra points and then tore his ACL. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...