Jump to content


"Offensive" issues


Recommended Posts

These numbers are too hard to ignore.  Looks like the Big has already figured out the mastery of Scotty Frosty......damn sad.

 

 

Do the last 3 games constitute the worst offensive 3 game stretch in the history of Nebraska Football ?

The last 34 Times (Drives) we've had the ball (193 Plays):
1 non-garbage time touchdown
85% of Drives (29 of 34) ending in punt or turnover
16 (out of 34) "Three and Outs"
110 of 193 plays (57%) resulting in 3 yards or less
5 Air Yard completions (in 193 plays) of over 10 yards
Average Drive over the 3 games: 5.5 plays / 23 yards / punt

Plays / Yards / Result
06 / 31 : Interception
03 / 02 : Punt
08 / 49 : Interception
02 / 00 : Interception
03 /-07 : Punt
03 / 08 : Punt
03 / 03 : Punt
06 / 15 : Punt
05 / 75 : TD (garbage time)
03 / 04 : Punt
08 / 80 : TD
03 / 06 : Punt
10 / 51 : FG
03 / 05 : Punt
04 / 12 : Punt
03 /-04 : Punt
04 / 24 : Punt
09 / 65 : Missed Field Goal
03 / 09 : Punt
03 / 02 : Punt
06 / 22 : Punt
03 /-04 : Punt
06 / 42 : Field Goal
12 / 46 : Turnover on Downs
05 / 37 : Punt
08 / 27 : Punt
06 / 17 : Punt
03 / 07 : Punt
06 / 22 : Downs
03 / 02 : Punt
03 /-05 : Punt
14 / 80 : TD (garbage time)
04 / 21 : Turnover on Downs
08 / 35 : Turnover on Downs

 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

I think we will be retooled and look better after the bye. I expect Bando to start the rest of the season and wouldn't be surprised to see more Warner, Chase and Woodyard than Noa and Williams. Seems like personell changes sparked the offense last year, and with an extra week of practice hopefully we can get a jump start for the Indiana game. The offense we have seen thus far this season is not acceptable to our staff and I'm sure they are doing everything possible to fix it.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

I think we will be retooled and look much better after the bye. I expect Bando to start the rest of the season and wouldn't be surprised to see more Warner, Chase and Woodyard than Noa and Williams. Seems like personell changes sparked the offense last year, and with an extra week of practice hopefully we can get a jump start for the Minnesota game. The offense we have seen thus far this season is not acceptable to our staff and I'm sure they are doing everything possible to fix it.

You got a time machine?

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm a little concerned with Allen's comments about the time away from each other during the bye week being good. I get it, it's a grind and a break is nice, but you don't often hear guys on a team talking like that. Am I reading too much into that?

I think there is a chemistry issue yet.  You can't cut all the cancer out of the last regime and there are younger guys who are probably pissed right now, but are holding back on saying too much.  Just guessing, but how many times do you see our guys really coming together during a game?

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm a little concerned with Allen's comments about the time away from each other during the bye week being good. I get it, it's a grind and a break is nice, but you don't often hear guys on a team talking like that. Am I reading too much into that?

With how poorly the OL is performing, there will be some issues like that.  If I was in Allen's shoes, I'd be frustrated too.

 

The OL issues hurt the production of the TEs.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

If I'm not mistaken, Hixson got benched because he got pancaked. 

 

How is it that we've recruited these four star guards like John Raridon and then instead of them seeing the field we see a walk-on? WTF are we doing wrong with our offensive line coaching and more importantly offensive line DEVELOPMENT to be in this position?

 

I'm honestly surprised that Hixson got benched at all. 

 

But there's no use at singling out certain individual offensive linemen's play at this point. Here's the bottom line: As a unit, we can't pass block. We suck as a pass blocking unit and it's killing the season.

  • Plus1 4
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm a little concerned with Allen's comments about the time away from each other during the bye week being good. I get it, it's a grind and a break is nice, but you don't often hear guys on a team talking like that. Am I reading too much into that?

 

I suspect, he was just repeating what Frost said in their team meeting after the game, that they need to take a little break, heal up and get away from each other for a little bit. Would not over analyze that comment, to mean something more. 

Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Undone said:

If I'm not mistaken, Hixson got benched because he got pancaked. 

 

How is it that we've recruited these four star guards like John Raridon and then instead of them seeing the field we see a walk-on? WTF are we doing wrong with our offensive line coaching and more importantly offensive line DEVELOPMENT to be in this position?

 

I'm honestly surprised that Hixson got benched at all. 

 

But there's no use at singling out certain individual offensive linemen's play at this point. Here's the bottom line: As a unit, we can't pass block. We suck as a pass blocking unit and it's killing the season.

And run blocking.  Per Hail Varsity 26% of our runs were TFL or at the LOS........Our OL is a crap show....Seeing the stats come out and Noah being in against Minnie, I can see why AM looks off.......I'm sure he has no time for reads or adjustments as he's worried how bad his protection is going to be....I'm guessing he saw this in the spring and fall and new the season would be rough.

  • Plus1 6
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, lo country said:

And run blocking.  Per Hail Varsity 26% of our runs were TFL or at the LOS........Our OL is a crap show....Seeing the stats come out and Noah being in against Minnie, I can see why AM looks off.......I'm sure he has no time for reads or adjustments as he's worried how bad his protection is going to be....I'm guessing he saw this in the spring and fall and new the season would be rough.

Add in the snaps and there ya go. Weren't any for Vedral which is weird.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Add in the snaps and there ya go. Weren't any for Vedral which is weird.

 

I thought that game was Cam's best. He cleaned up his snaps and he held his own in blocking. I feel like I remember on more than one occasion defenders crashing on Vedral and Cam holding his own against their DT at the original line of scrimmage.

  • Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...