2024 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/6/2023 at 6:35 AM, hskrpwr13 said:

Would be an easy victory

It sure would be! Pelini's defenses haven't been relevant since 2010. Once people figured out his match up zone he didn't really have any answers. Frost is just.....Frost. We have much better coaches now IMO. Obviously time will tell if i am correct in that assessment. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Curious to see what the ticket cost of Colorado will be. Paid $330 to watch Sims fumble last year. Have to expect a 1-0 husker team, vs a possibly 1-0 Colorado team (good chance NDSU beats them) 

Best guess $400. Doesn't really matter find me there. 

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

In my opinion the Huskers should start the season either 6-1 or 7-0. Plus a later win against UCLA gives you a 7-8 win season if you don't win a tough game. If you win 2 out of 3 vs Wisc, Iowa and USC, you've got a 9-10 win season. I don't think you beat the Buckeyes. 

9 hours ago, GoDucks349 said:

In my opinion the Huskers should start the season either 6-1 or 7-0. Plus a later win against UCLA gives you a 7-8 win season if you don't win a tough game. If you win 2 out of 3 vs Wisc, Iowa and USC, you've got a 9-10 win season. I don't think you beat the Buckeyes. 

I would say welcome to the board, but I see you joined two weeks before I did! :lol:  Welcome back anyway.  I think most of us agree Nebraska SHOULD start that well, but after 7 straight losing seasons I will believe it when I see it.  This team loves to drop a couple it shouldn't, and we will have a 2 freshman depth chart at QB most likely so a lot of things are possible.  

Looking forward to getting out to Eugene for a game soon.  I for one am excited for new places to go and have a trip planned to LA this fall already. 

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, runningblind said:

I would say welcome to the board, but I see you joined two weeks before I did! :lol:  Welcome back anyway.  I think most of us agree Nebraska SHOULD start that well, but after 7 straight losing seasons I will believe it when I see it.  This team loves to drop a couple it shouldn't, and we will have a 2 freshman depth chart at QB most likely so a lot of things are possible.  

Looking forward to getting out to Eugene for a game soon.  I for one am excited for new places to go and have a trip planned to LA this fall already. 

I  actually have been to one game in Lincoln, back in 1974 I watched my Ducks get destroyed 61-7. I was born in Nebraska and decided to make a trip to see family and take in the Duck game while back there. Oregon was a basketball and track school in those days, certainly some of the darkest days for Oregon football were the 70s. 

I think you guys come to Autzen in 2026. I'd recommend spending a few extra days if you haven't been here before. All depends on what you enjoy, the Oregon coast is very different from Calif and well worth a visit. If you're a golfer, check out Bandon Dunes, if  you enjoy a nice Pinot Noir, you'll love a visit to Oregon wine country. And yes, the mountains and rivers are stunning. Also, check out the University of Oregon athletic facilities, Hayward Field is stunning and by far the best track and field facility in the USA. I do believe the new indoor football facility will be finished by 2026 as well. 

New indoor practice facility.jpg

hayward field 2021.jpg

• Plus1 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:25 PM, soup said:

Seems interesting that there are no late November games they have to travel east for (last 3 weeks of the season).  Oregon to Wisconsin will be interesting, as the only late season travel.

As far as weather goes, it will probably be a bit like going to WSU in Nov. Pullman can get very cold and windy in Nov. Use to love seeing the LA schools go up there with a couple feet of snow on the sidelines. Plus, Pullman was one of those places that is just difficult to get to. 

5 hours ago, GoDucks349 said:

I  actually have been to one game in Lincoln, back in 1974 I watched my Ducks get destroyed 61-7. I was born in Nebraska and decided to make a trip to see family and take in the Duck game while back there. Oregon was a basketball and track school in those days, certainly some of the darkest days for Oregon football were the 70s. 

I think you guys come to Autzen in 2026. I'd recommend spending a few extra days if you haven't been here before. All depends on what you enjoy, the Oregon coast is very different from Calif and well worth a visit. If you're a golfer, check out Bandon Dunes, if  you enjoy a nice Pinot Noir, you'll love a visit to Oregon wine country. And yes, the mountains and rivers are stunning. Also, check out the University of Oregon athletic facilities, Hayward Field is stunning and by far the best track and field facility in the USA. I do believe the new indoor football facility will be finished by 2026 as well. 

New indoor practice facility.jpg

hayward field 2021.jpg

I actually lived in Boise for a few years and the wife and I road tripped up the Oregon coast while we were there.  Loved it so much we took the kids back last year for a week.  I didn't spend much time in Eugene, but did drive through.

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

I actually lived in Boise for a few years and the wife and I road tripped up the Oregon coast while we were there.  Loved it so much we took the kids back last year for a week.  I didn't spend much time in Eugene, but did drive through.

One of the great things about coming to Autzen in the fall is that some of the best weather on the coast is in the fall. Of course flyfishing the McKenzie in October is great also. It's just a beautiful time of year in Eugene. 

On 2/22/2024 at 10:13 PM, GoDucks349 said:

One of the great things about coming to Autzen in the fall is that some of the best weather on the coast is in the fall. Of course flyfishing the McKenzie in October is great also. It's just a beautiful time of year in Eugene. 

Love Oregon. Have spent a lot of time in the Bandon area as well as the Salem area. Such a cool place. 

• Plus1 1

Really hoping the home opener is a night game...planning to be there. I've never been to a night game in Lincoln.

Any idea when they might announce some of the game times? I know they do not always announce the start times due to TV and other factors and yes, it is VERY early, but thought I would throw it out there.