Fall Camp...

Amen to that. I'm jonesing for some NU football. Pro football is entertaining as well of course, but I don't have near the allegiance to the 49ers (my favorite pro team) as I do to the Huskers. Football is really the only sport I follow very closely and I dislike summer heat, (fall is my favorite season) so I've been itching for fall to come for quite some time.

It will be interesting to see what the new guys (Purify, Culbert) will do at fall camp.

It's great that football is back in both pro and college. It will be good to watch some, starting with the HOF game next Sunday. I look for my Cowboys, with the addition of the hated T.O., to do great things this year. Though I am not a fan of him personally, I think Parcells will hold him in check.

Aim9, I am also a 49ers fan. Hopefully Alex Smith can surprise people the way that Zac Taylor did last year. But I have a felling it is going to be another long year for them. Unlike the Huskers who are on the verge of doing something pretty great this year if they play well.

I would have to agree that the Huskers are definitely headed towards a better season than the 49ers. Alex Smith will do much much better this year (although that isn't very difficult when you throw 10ints and 1td) and I bet his QB rating will hover around the low 80's- pretty respectable when you consider the players around him. I think the 49ers made enough progress in the offseason to have a 6-8 win season. Still not very good, but a far better season than last year with some solid building blocks for the future.

The Huskers on the other hand I feel are headed towards a season that should produce 9-12 wins. (remember, we'll probably play 14 games this year) It's a crying shame that we're all but eliminated from title contention by our schedule alone. If NU wanted to win it all, we'd have to beat the four best teams in the country- USC, Texas, Oklahoma (Big 12 title), and then whoever else made it to the championship (probably Ohio State). Could we win one or MAYBE two of those games? I think we could. Could we win all four without dropping the ball against teams like Iowa St.? No way. It makes me wish that we were in the PAC-10. One huge game against USC, some decent competition from Cal and Oregon, and you're set for a title match. Stupid conference championship... greedy money grabbing Big 12....

I project a Husker finish anywhere from 5-20 in the final AP poll.

Aim9, I am also a 49ers fan. Hopefully Alex Smith can surprise people the way that Zac Taylor did last year. But I have a felling it is going to be another long year for them. Unlike the Huskers who are on the verge of doing something pretty great this year if they play well.

The Niners did finally sign Vernon Davis. That is really good news, because he is going to be something explosive that the 49ers havent had for a long time!!!

It would be incredible- ANY team who could win out against that schedule would silence all criticism. However, it's just not going to happen. With the sheer volume of talent present at those four programs, I would be happy to see one win. I would be elated if we could win all four, but it's so crazy it's hardly even worth getting your hopes up for. Planning on winning those 4 games would be like planning on winning the lottery- it's possible, but just barely.