Jump to content

*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***


Mavric

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

So we all just want him to hire our buddies (Mickey) but not his buddies, right?

Not what I said, but ok.  Didn’t everyone criticize the last coach for bringing his old staff???? Said nothing about hiring “our buddies”. In fact I reread the post many times and can’t find it. I typically avoid conflict on HB, but obviously others like to seek it out, even when it isn’t there.

  • TBH 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Not what I said, but ok.  Didn’t everyone criticize the last coach for bringing his old staff???? Said nothing about hiring “our buddies”. In fact I reread the post many times and can’t find it. I typically avoid conflict on HB, but obviously others like to seek it out, even when it isn’t there.

I would like to think you can see how weve all drank the bring your buddies to work with you kool aid.  With mickey we know what he brings,  PLAYERS

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Not what I said, but ok.  Didn’t everyone criticize the last coach for bringing his old staff???? Said nothing about hiring “our buddies”. In fact I reread the post many times and can’t find it. I typically avoid conflict on HB, but obviously others like to seek it out, even when it isn’t there.

Let's wait and see how the entire coaching staff looks like, before making whole judgements based on the first few hires.  As I said in another thread, the coaching staff is a portfolio of capital investments, needing to fit within the budget set by Trev.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, HANC said:

Not what I said, but ok.  Didn’t everyone criticize the last coach for bringing his old staff???? Said nothing about hiring “our buddies”. In fact I reread the post many times and can’t find it. I typically avoid conflict on HB, but obviously others like to seek it out, even when it isn’t there.

All coaches hire their 'buddies' aka coaches they have a relationship with and have worked with before, so I generally advise people against worrying about this too much. I would particularly advise against extrapolating what Frost did with his UCF staff towards other coaches hiring people they've worked with before. It's not necessarily predictive of success or failure.

 

Besides, if he hires people who helped him win 10+ games at Temple and 10+ games at Baylor, I would look at that as an objectively good decision.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Let's wait and see how the entire coaching staff looks like, before making whole judgements based on the first few hires.  As I said in another thread, the coaching staff is a portfolio of capital investments, needing to fit within the budget set by Trev.

If you read my post, that is what I said, almost exactly. I said, if he continues to load up his staff with former Carolina guys, THEN I would struggle. Basically what you said. Some guys just look for reasons to pounce.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

All coaches hire their 'buddies' aka coaches they have a relationship with and have worked with before, so I generally advise people against worrying about this too much. I would particularly advise against extrapolating what Frost did with his UCF staff towards other coaches hiring people they've worked with before. It's not necessarily predictive of success or failure.

 

Besides, if he hires people who helped him win 10+ games at Temple and 10+ games at Baylor, I would look at that as an objectively good decision.

And look at how many players he had drafted between Temple and Baylor.  I’m guessing they are great developers first and recruiters second.  

Link to comment

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

All coaches hire their 'buddies' aka coaches they have a relationship with and have worked with before, so I generally advise people against worrying about this too much. I would particularly advise against extrapolating what Frost did with his UCF staff towards other coaches hiring people they've worked with before. It's not necessarily predictive of success or failure.

 

Besides, if he hires people who helped him win 10+ games at Temple and 10+ games at Baylor, I would look at that as an objectively good decision.

Yes, I hire people I trust and understand my philosophy. I have brought in many assistant coaches whom I know well. Frost brought his staff, after going undefeated… Rhule is going to bring people he knows, that isn’t the point. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...