Callahan

NflaHusker

i was so pumped about this game and im the end im so frustrated. I was on board with callahan but after that game i just dont know. I understand his gameplan with shorts passes and runs here and there. But in the second half it's the same stuff. I mean why doesn't he change his gameplan. There is no reason why we shouldn't have been able to hang with USC. Yes they do have better talent, but we could have played with them. It really pisses my off that we did not throw the ball down the field and stuck with the same short crap. We figured out that we couldn't run the ball, so why don't we just throw it the rest of the time. Keller looked great when he did, i no he had those two picks but come on. The defensive line and linebackers were either overmatched or just out of position everytime. That was so embarassing to watch. It's really embarassing looking like that on national t.v. Those were just some thoughts about the game and Go Big Red.....

i was so pumped about this game and im the end im so frustrated. I was on board with callahan but after that game i just dont know. I understand his gameplan with shorts passes and runs here and there. But in the second half it's the same stuff. I mean why doesn't he change his gameplan. There is no reason why we shouldn't have been able to hang with USC. Yes they do have better talent, but we could have played with them. It really pisses my off that we did not throw the ball down the field and stuck with the same short crap. We figured out that we couldn't run the ball, so why don't we just throw it the rest of the time. Keller looked great when he did, i no he had those two picks but come on. The defensive line and linebackers were either overmatched or just out of position everytime. That was so embarassing to watch. It's really embarassing looking like that on national t.v. Those were just some thoughts about the game and Go Big Red.....

The short passing game was about all that would work. USC's defensive line was stopping the run cold, and anything more than a quick three (and occassional 5) step drop would have simply given them time to get to Keller.

And if you don't mix in at least some runs, even the short passing game won't work - the defense simply mans up on the receivers and floods the backfield with blitzes...

Why we couldn't go deep...

A - USC plays a lot of cover 2 which makes it very tough to go deep, they give up a lot of short stuff... but contain the deep ball.

B - If you are going to beat a cover 2 deep you have to have a very strong pass blocking scheme because it takes awhile... and I while our pass protection was good I thought... it was not good enough to protect that long